change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 48hrs in Bordeaux - Wine tour, hotel and more

Bordeaux Apr 13, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Hi,

I'm planning a weekend (from Friday night to Sunday night) in May.

One of the things I'd definitely want to do is a Wine Tour. St Emilion seems to the most recommended choice both in terms of quality of wines and scenery. Now the main question would be whether it'd be worth doing a 1 day tour or just an afternoon one. What would you recommend? Also, small group or private?

As far as the hotel is concerned, I have short listed the Grand Hotel and the Burdigala. I would get a fairly similar package for either at a similar price. I quite like the contemporary look of the Burdigala, but the Grand Hotel seems quite iconic and I love the fact that they have a spa that we could use. Any advice?

Lastly, any other recommendations to make our 48 hours even more special?

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Chateaux tour by bike

Bordeaux Mar 30, 2015 at 2:29 AM

Bonjour!
      Was wondering if someone could advise on the protocol surrounding chateaux visits by bicycle? We would like to spend one day cycling in either Pauillac or Saint-Émilion, perhaps visiting Château Mouton Rothschild, Château Gruaud-Larose and Château Lynch-Bages, or Château Figeac, Château Troplong Mondot and Château de Pressac.
      Not sure what the dress code is when visiting these Chateau... Will they perceive it as disrespectful when arriving on a bicycle and dressed in jeans and short-sleeved shirt?
      Any feedback would be highly appreciated!
      Merci!

more