Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ergo's Profile Photo

CLOTHING for mid-Sept. VISIT

Cornwall Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Hello from Canada!
      Hubs & I are visiting England in September & have a 4 day tour of southwest England planned for the middle of Sept.
      Can anyone advise what is the most appropriate casual attire for that time of year? Short, capris,jeans or ?
      real jacket for warmth? hoodie? Track shoes ok? or something waterproof? I know the weather changes quickly but like all females, I like to get some advice from those who have gone before me.
      Much thanks,
      Chris in Canada

more
    • travelling from St. Ives/Cornwall to Dublin

Saint Ives Jul 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM

best way to get from St. Ives to Dublin

more
    • half-night stay

Penzance 7 hours ago

Hi

I just got the summer job with my friend at one of the Hotels in Isle of Scilly. We are arriving to Penzance this weekend. We are coming by bus from London and we will arrive at around 2am at Penzance Bus Station. Our boat leaves at 9am. We don't have much money and renting a room for half a night seems too expensive (we are already spending over 200 ponds on the tickets. We were wondering if there is some sort of waiting room opened? Maybe at the railway station?

We tried calling hotels with 24h reception asking if we could wait in their lounge, for a small charge if necessary but no luck here.

It is our first visit to Cornwall and we would appreciate any help.

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Car rental pick up and drop off points

Cornwall Jul 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

This is for the trip in March. I want to pick a car up on March 16th from some place along the rail route from London and drop it off at the Newquay airport March 20th. Enterprise had a place in Bodmin but does not allow one way rentals and has no place to drop off at Newquay.

What place can I get off the train and rent a car where I can return it to Newquay airport or where I can get some form of transportation from the drop off point to the airport. Enterprise won't drive more than 10 miles and the airport is 15 miles from Bodmin.

more