Saint John

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hotel or private villa?

by nmcneeley23 Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

This will be my first time visiting st john. My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary and my 40th birthday.  We definitely want seclusion and privacy and are interested in renting a villa. We found one called a home with open arms. It seems like it's exactly what we are looking for except that it's not on the beach. Wondering if that should be a make or break issue. As I mentioned I have never been to st john so im not sure how accessible the beaches are from the location of that villa in particular. Anyone familiar with that villa? Suggestions are completely welcome!

2 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    • yodidoe's Profile Photo

customs and traditions

by yodidoe Online Now Oct 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

A friend of mine just purchased a home on Saint John VI.
      Does anyone know of an island tradition or custom for a
      new home/housewarming gift?
      thank you

Read more: World Travel Forum

• Caribbean Island - Family Friendly, Snorkeling and Golf?

by shawnusher Online Now Oct 25, 2009 at 7:17 AM

What is the best Caribbean destination that is family friendly, with good snorkeling and golf? We love St. John, USVI for the access to great snorkeling directly from the beaches, availability of villas for traveling with kids (ages 5 and 7) and their grandparents (ages 75 and 80), but going to St. Thomas for golf is not very convenient. We went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic last year, where the golf and accommodations were great and convenient, but snorkeling was not good (and there was too much seaweed washing up on the beach). Where is the best place for access to all three (family friendly, good snorkeling, good golf)??? Thanks for any suggestions!!!

1 Answer Nov 13, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    • Health

by ibobb Online Now Sep 17, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Is there any plant, animal, insect that inhabits ST. John that would effect the central nervous system, with symptoms of vertigo and visual migraines?

9 Answers Sep 18, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    • Should we stay in Saint John or Saint Thomas?

by scotthuc Online Now Jan 22, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning to visit the US Virgin Islands this Spring Break, from Mar. 12 to Mar. 18, 2009. We cannot decide how long we should stay in Saint Thomas and Saint John. Should we stay few nights in Saint Croix as well? Which island is the most expensive? How can we save money? Please give us some ideas. We really appreciate your advice.

So many thanks from Houston.

10 Answers May 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    • Getting married

by RodMD Online Now Sep 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I'll be getting marry in St. John. Which is the best restaurant for 2 on our wedding day?

5 Answers Oct 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    • Cammel11's Profile Photo

Expensive?

by Cammel11 Online Now Sep 25, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Is St. John expensive? I know, I asked the stupid question. Is food and money you pay for other attractions pricey? Or would you say it is average for a vacation destination? I know it depends on your budget, but any replies would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Aug 31, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    • Villas

by taraelizabeth Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 5:39 AM

Any information on Chateau La Tete, Mystic Ridge, Great Turtle, or Balance? We're thinking of trying St. John's, although we're huge fans of Virgin Gorda. Priorities: Cleanliness, privacy, space, good pool, safe...Any opinion on the bugs in higher elevations?
      Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 20, 2008 at 11:54 AM
    • Saint John budget travel

by geostan Online Now Jun 12, 2007 at 6:11 AM

I have been to Saint john but only for a few hours off a cruise ship. Still,
      the beauty of the island is awesome.
      I have heard about Maho Bay and would like more first hand advice. Also, are there any other budget accomdations on the island?

1 Answer Jul 30, 2007 at 11:28 AM
    • Staying in Cottage at Cinnamon Bay Campground--Any advice?

by Lucinda123 Online Now Nov 9, 2006 at 4:43 PM

We are staying in a cottage at Cinnamon Bay Campground on St. John, Virgin Island for one week. Any advice or suggestions to make our stay more enjoyable/comfortable? I know about the sunscreen and bug spray. Details, no matter how small, are welcome! Thanks.

5 Answers May 10, 2008 at 6:08 PM
    • Honeymoon in October 2007

by dezine Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Hi Everyone!
      My finace and I would like to go to St. John's for our honeymoon in October of 2007. I'm obviously planning ahead and am looking for moderately priced (not cheap and but also not high priced) accomodations for our trip. We love B&B's and I have read posts about a few on other sites. I would also love a smaller scale hotel- I have no desire to stay at the large resort style complexes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Friendliness and a clean room with A/C are a must! Thank you!

6 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 9:02 AM
    • KarlieBubbles's Profile Photo

Ferries to St. John?

by KarlieBubbles Online Now Apr 5, 2005 at 12:14 PM

We are travelling from Canada to St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. There is no direct flight to get there. We heard there are ferries that go there from places like Aruba and Puerto Rico... is this fact? If yes, where would we go to find out specific schedules & costs, etc.?

Please help!

14 Answers Dec 1, 2006 at 6:46 AM
    • Are there any other rental properties besides overpriced vacation rentals?

by mariepersson Online Now Apr 9, 2004 at 8:52 PM

I'm relocating and need a long term apartment that is not priced for vacationers, any ideas?

• Relocating to USVI

by mariepersson Online Now Apr 9, 2004 at 8:48 PM

I'm moving to the US Virgin Islands, which island is the best to live on?

1 Answer Apr 10, 2004 at 4:28 AM
    • Where should I eat on St. John

by Marty674 Online Now Feb 26, 2004 at 5:38 PM

I would like the name of good moderately priced restaurants.

1 Answer Jul 29, 2005 at 1:35 PM
    • Do I need to rent a car.

by Marty674 Online Now Feb 26, 2004 at 5:33 PM

I am staying at the Westin on St. John, do I need to rent a car or can I get around by taxi or bus?

8 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    • bousquetj's Profile Photo

Hiking on St. John

by bousquetj Online Now Oct 28, 2003 at 8:19 AM

We plan to spend two weeks on St. John next June. Descriptions of the National Park say the hiking and snorkeling can be combined for a great experience. Warnings say "bring insect repellant". Anyone able to comment on the bugs? How bad are they really?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2003 at 10:59 AM