Saint John Travel Answers

change location

Villas

by taraelizabeth Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 5:39 AM

Any information on Chateau La Tete, Mystic Ridge, Great Turtle, or Balance? We're thinking of trying St. John's, although we're huge fans of Virgin Gorda. Priorities: Cleanliness, privacy, space, good pool, safe...Any opinion on the bugs in higher elevations?
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • vanderlust's Profile Photo

Re: Villas

by vanderlust Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 11:48 AM

We have stayed twice in villas on St. John. Loved it both times. We made sure to select for privacy and amenities that we wanted. As far as bugs...I have not been at the higher elevations at sunset. That is when I have found the bugs to be a problem on StJ. During the day I had no problems with them while hiking at higher elevations.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vanderlust's Profile Photo

Re: Villas

by vanderlust Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Oh..almost forgot. I have not visited any of the villas mentioned but the following website has a great forum for StJ. It also has a large library of reviews of villas.
    http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/

• Re: Villas

by scottHarrelson Online Now May 10, 2008 at 4:01 AM

I would like to offer this suggestion: I'm the owner of a new villa on St. John and I would appreciate your taking a minute to check it out. Our reviews from the first season of guests have been awesome. Indigo Villa (www.indigovillastjohn.net) is 4 br 5bth with a great very private pool and an outdoor shower right by the pool. Two of the bedrooms are identical masters with great baths all done in travertine. Above those two bedrooms is an awesome roof top deck with a wetbar and views of St. Thomas, Great Cruz Bay, Chocolate Hole and then on the Ramshead. Happy Hour and late night star gazing are unbelievable up there. Down some stairs will get you to two more secluded bedrooms with ensuite baths. One has a gueen bed and one has two twins that can be put together. All floors are Turkish travertine. The living area is huge with a large chef's quality kitchen, The dining table inside sits 10 and there is another on the veranda that sits 6. The porches are 14 feet deep and wrap around the main house. I promise, you'll love it, I guarantee it. Scott Harrelson 843-277-1117 OH, there is high speed wireless, flat screen tv, etc.

• Re: Villas

by waterfay Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 11:54 AM

A couple of friends of ours stayed at Balance - it is farther out - but beautiful and private. We stayed at Island Time out on devers bay - very private, close to town, gorgeous view, perfection! - we would highly recommend it and they just put in a new pool!
    Go through Caribbean Villa's - they are so wonderful and very helpful!
    I would just be aware of the villa agency Destination St John - two couples used them in our wedding party and sadly an ipod and a camera was stolen from their locked villa!!! The company accused them of lying. So I am just passign the word around to warn people. They had maitenence people in and out their entire stay.
    I wish you luck! We go down every year for the last 5 years and Island Time Villa was by far the best yet!
    Bill & Amy

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines