Saint Augustine Travel Answers

change location

any & all advice I can get! :)

by tfelker Online Now May 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I will be traveling alone with my 13 yr old daughter, we will be in Florida the end of next week and decided based on pics on internet to spend a few days (Sun - Wed) in St Augustine. We love the beach, flea markets, resale antique shops and shopping and want to stay somewhere close to both shopping and beach, we are on a budget, so where would be a great safe place area to look for a hotel if we have to choose we would choose closest to beach!? Also any places fun we should not miss? Ive seen Conch house has you eat in a treehouse, we are going to travel toward Jacksonville to take ferry across to Singletons seafood house WE LOVE and have been to before, but any advice would be great!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

Re: any & all advice I can get! :)

by dustmon Online Now May 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Just 1 suggestion----The St Augustine Toy Company at 58 Hypolita St---really fun store!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: any & all advice I can get! :)

by gwened Online Now May 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM

nice area, live for many years down from there in Ormond by the Sea and spent many weekends there with family.

There is accommodation B&B that are very nice there, this site will tell you all lovely places
    bedandbreakfast.com/fr/saint...

be known the best beach or St Augustine Beach is a bit south over the bridge of lions. there is many interesting places to see like Ripley's,and oldest house, oldest school, Lighter and villa zorayda museums.

St George ave is full of shops lovely, and the Columbia Spanish resto is the outlet of the oldest Spanish resto in Florida (Tampa).
    Casa Alcazar inside the lighter museum is great resto as it is Old Town Wine Cellar on St George,and for inexpensive stuff try Der Pretzel Haus off Hypolita.

Hope it helps your planning

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines