Saint Augustine Travel Answers

change location

Looking for lodging advice, things to do, etc.

by TracyFromStuart Online Now Mar 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Coming to St. Augustine soon for a romantic getaway with the hubby. I'd love some recommendations on a good place to stay, somewhere where we'd not have to drive much to get places. We love to walk everywhere while vacationing, nothing beats it for getting the real feel of a new place:) We also heard that there is a restaurant where you can dine in a treehouse type thing, any info on that?

Thanks everyone!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for lodging advice, things to do, etc.

by TexasDave Online Now Mar 18, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Hilton has a small boutique hotel right in the middle of the old town area, but it tends to be more expensive than the average. Out at St. Augustine Beach Saltwater Cowboy is an excellent dinner choice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Looking for lodging advice, things to do, etc.

by FloKnows Online Now May 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

If you have not been here, yet, I have a few suggestions. First, if if you stay in one of the many bed and breakfasts in the historic district, you will be within walking distance of tons of things! St. George's street is completely pedestrian, as a matter of fact, and it is filled with shops and historic attractions. OC White's is a little restaurant not far from the Marina and I have never eaten something there that I did not like. The Cuban is also in the historic district and is known for excellent food.
    The marina has some pretty cool tours. The speedboat ride is brand new and really exciting, the eco tour gets you out in nature, and the Black Raven Pirate Adventure is just plain fun.
    Saltwater Cowboys is excellent and worth the drive.
    I don't know about the treehouse.I will have to look into that!
    If you want more suggestions, let me know!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines