Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Saigon

• my-linh's Profile Photo

Confusion about booking ticket

by my-linh Online Now Nov 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Hi,
      I have never traveled to Vietnam before by myself and I was wondering, when would be a good time to purchase ticket if I were to fly on May, 2010? By the way, anyone plan on traveling around that time to Saigon, Vietnam? The more the merrier! Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 9, 2009 at 11:57 PM
    • fedvet's Profile Photo

Going to Saigon

by fedvet Online Now Feb 16, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I'm taking about a 10 day trip and want to visit Bangkok and Saigon. I was stationed at Tan Son Nhut (1966-68) and would like to go onto the base to take pictures and see what its like since the 40 years since I left. Is there any problems getting onto the base? Is it a "controlled area"?? Are the barracks and buildings still standing? And I would like to stay in a safe hotel but not expensive. Any suggestions? I would also like to join a tour leaving from LAX to save money. Travel dates are still open but I want to go within the next 3 months or so.

• hotel recommendation in saigon

by nizora Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 11:47 PM

I will be in saigon for three days in January. Could anyone please advise places to stay( US100 room per night) in good location.
      Many thanks in advance.
      rob

2 Answers Nov 3, 2007 at 6:33 PM
    • bpwarne's Profile Photo

Anyone familiar with the Phu Tho area of Saigon?

by bpwarne Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 12:13 PM

I will be in Saigon the month of May and would like to find the location I was stationed at in 1970. The name of the unit was RCG and it was located a couple blocks off of a street called Plantation Road. It consisted of about a half dozen buildings. There was a Catholic church nearby, the steeple of which could be seen from the rooftops of the taller buildings at RCG. It was about 1 mile from the Phu Tho Race Track, going toward Tan Son Nhut off the right hand side. There was also a BEQ on Plantation Road called the Montana and also a Navy relocation building, both within a few blocks of RCG. I believe the name of Plantation Road may now be Nguyen Van Thoai. If anyone is familiar with the area and thinks they may be of help, I would appreciate it.
      Regards,
      Bob

1 Answer Nov 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM