Sacramento Travel Answers

change location

From Sacramento Airport to Greyhound Station

by UkuleleGirl Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Aloha,

My mother will be arriving in Sacramento from Honolulu at around 9:30 pm and will need to be at the Greyhound Station (715 L ST SACRAMENTO, CA) to catch a bus that departs at 12:15 am.

Can anyone tell me the best and safest way for her to get there and please suggest any stops she could make to get a warm bite to eat and a snack for her bus ride. She will be going to Redding, CA. a 2 hr 40 min ride.

Thank you in advance!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lostsooner55's Profile Photo

Re: From Sacramento Airport to Greyhound Station

by lostsooner55 Online Now Mar 27, 2009 at 12:00 AM

You might wish to re-work her flight schedule. I don't believe you want her to be attempting to catch a bus at that time of night, especially if she is leaving from a non-24 hour station. She also will basically be arriving in Redding at 3 AM. If someone is meeting her bus, she might be ok. If, however, she is arriving with no transport or lodging, it might be a very long early morning for her. You might also wish to visit the Amtrak, (rail), web site as well as there may also be travel options available for her there. Gary

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yvr's Profile Photo

Re: From Sacramento Airport to Greyhound Station

by yvr Online Now Mar 27, 2009 at 5:56 AM

The last public bus departs the Airport at 10:22pm, you can check this at www.yolobus.com, the closest stop to the Greyhound bus depot is going to be 6th and J Streets 3 blocks from the bus depot. Your safest way to get to the bus depot is going to be by Taxi. The Greyhound depot is not in the nicest area of the downtown core and the bus depot itself is not very nice. As far as finding a decent place to eat near the bus depot at that time of night that is rather doubtful. If she must take the Greyhound at 12:15am, I would suggest that she stay at the airport, get something to eat and then around 11:30pm take a taxi directly to the bus depot.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines