Sacramento Travel Answers

change location

Where do I live in Sacramento

by kentobrien Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 6:50 PM

I have just accepted a new job in Sacramento, CA. I am a 26 year old sales professional and need your help in finding a trendy, hip area to meet others. The territories I cover include Florin, Elk Grove, Galt, Lodi, and Ione. I cannot venture too far north of Florin (within 20 minutes or so) considering I travel everyday by car. I have to move in 2 weeks so any advice is very helpful.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Where do I live in Sacramento

by travelgourmet Online Now Aug 13, 2004 at 10:42 AM

Outside of Sacremento, life is pretty much a laid back area within a fifty mile range. Most of the areas are either gold country western or agriculture bent lifestyle. I do have one possible site to look at, My son, a veterinarian, is only 28 and enjoys the lifestyle of Davis, of course he spent 4 years going to vet school here, but he finds it close to what he likes, no big city rush, hip area due to the University and the graduate schools, lots of people to get to meet in his age bracket, and Sacramento is only 12 minutes away, he plays guitar and sings at bars and pubs when he isn't helping animals. I call him the "singing vet". Also the Napa Valley with all the wineries is only 40 minutes away. Florin, is about the limit on your request on mileage, 20, but it is closer to San Francisco for the real trendy, hip, and easy to meet people area. Davis has a website:www.davisvisitor.org Good Luck in your work position.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines