change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lesliench's Profile Photo

jungfraujoch ticket

Switzerland Aug 6, 2015 at 2:48 AM

we have found the train ticket from wengen to grindelwald by online system which the ticket price is chf 88.5 with swiss half fare card.

Is it the same price if we buy it through internet in advance or buy it in person at the station?

I will take this train at 15 August.

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Swiss Train Pass

Switzerland Aug 2, 2015 at 4:18 AM

Pass is for 4 days and 8 days, question is are they continuous or specified days.,like marked the date of use on the pass. Thanks

more
    • One day in Locarno area, what shouid I give up?

Locarno Aug 1, 2015 at 8:20 AM

I hope my whole Q will show.. Each time I write they are cut in the middle.
      On a 2 weeks trip to North Italy we have a few nights in Verbania on maggiore lake.
      I had in mind spending one day in Locarno area, I think my plan is too hectic; I need your suggestions what to give up…
      Travel from Verbania to Locarno – continue to Verzassca valley, till Sonogno at the end and back – with some stops to tour the valley , but not long walks.
      Then return lo Locarno, go to Madonna del Sasso by funicular or by car (is it possible? Is there a parking?) Continue to Cardada and maybe Cimeta stations, enjoy the view, maybe make short hikes, return to the Church and explore it, then descend to the city and take the Centovalley Train route but do it by car,,,up to Domodossola, and from there return to Verbania.,
      The original plan was to take the train to Sta Maria Maggiore and back, but I read recommendations of doing it by car, easier to stop at any village and tour around without waiting for the train, and in the end returning directly to Verbania. No need to do the way back again to Locarno. The driver is a very good one.
      This whole plan is more than 4 hours by google maps, it might be too much for one day so :
      Shall I give up Verzasca ?
      Give up the Madonna del Sasso or the Cardada (we'll have plenty of funicular and high mountains in Italy)
      Centovalley road?
      If I shall do it , by car or by train…if I choose train I certainly need to cut other places, it will take a cupple of hours.
      Visit Ascona instead of some other place?

I'm not going to purchase the swiss permit for motorways, so take that in count. (it's not worth for a cupple of hours) I can't go on motorways – and I sure hope I didn't plan a road including them , I thought I didn't.
      The area norther of Verbania Villa Taranto, Cannobio, Santa Ana canyon is for another's day plan.

more
    • Need Help to my Swiss Itinerary

Switzerland Jul 30, 2015 at 10:51 AM

I want to add a few details to the above question to enable you to understand my peculiar situation. I am leaving from Paris on 7th Sept, 2015 to Switzerland (place not yet decided). I am leaving back to New Delhi from Zurich on 13th September at 22:35 p.m. (Zurich time). I have already booked a one day trip to Gruyeres on 11th Sept that includes a full day day trip from Geneva to Gruyeres. The Package includes a trip to the Broc chcolate factory, Cheese factory visit, Visit to the Gruyere castle, includes Golden Panoramic Express train and back to Geneva at 7:00 p.m. in the evening).

So now I am left with 7th Sept - 10th Sept and 12th and 13th Sept. I want to visit Zermatt particularly the Matterhorm Glaciar Paradise and the Gornegrat train. I also want to travel the Jungfraujoch station and spend time in Interlaken. Please advice how can I tweak my itinerary considering the above factors. I will need to be in Geneva on 11th early morning so as to catch the coach to Gruyere. I also have a 8 day Swiss Travel Pass

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Outlet mall in Switzerland

Switzerland Aug 28, 2015 at 1:24 AM

Hi, I read about Foxtown in Lugano. Is that the biggest and best outlet mall in Switzerland?
      Looking for opinion whether there are good deals throughout the year (especially winter time)

Is it walking distance from a train station? I checked the website - it says reachable via train, but not sure if from the station to the mall it is very near?

Thank you

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Lucerne lake cruise

Lucerne Aug 12, 2015 at 1:48 AM

Hallo. Pls do you have any personal experience on lake cruise at Lucerne lake? As a round short trip I found two options and I don't know which is more scenery. The one is Lucerne-Alpnachstad and the other Lucerne-–Küssnacht am Rigi. Both last 2 hours. And there are also 2 shorter ones, up to Meggen (1,30h) and the other to Kastanienbaum (1h). Thank you.

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Langmatt museum

Baden Aug 9, 2015 at 6:53 AM

Hallo. Do you know if there is a parking area at the Langmatt museum for our car? Is it open space or should we look for sth private? Thanks.

more

Itenary for 10 days - first trip to Switzerland

Switzerland Aug 28, 2015 at 1:00 AM

Hello, exploring a possibility of a 10 day trip to Switzerland in mid November.

How cold will it be - any advise on what to pack?

Is it better to take the train or rent a car? How is driving conditions?

Any views on the following itenary?

Option A
      Day 1 - Arrive Geneva (overnight Geneva)
      Day 2 - Explore Lausanne and Montreaux - Chateau de Chillon (overnight Lausanne)
      Day 3 - Go to Bern in the morning, explore Bern (overnight Bern)
      Day 4 - Rest and relax Bern (overnight Bern)
      Day 5 - Head to Interlaken (overnight interlaken)
      Day 6 - Head to Luzern (overnight Luzern)
      Day 7 - Head to Zurich (overnight Zurich)
      Day 8 - Board Bernina Express - Chur to Tirano (day trip on train) (possibly overnight Tirano)
      Day 9 - Explore Lugano (overnight Lugano)
      Day 10 - Train onward to Milan, fly out from Milan

Option B
      Day 1 - Arrive Geneva (overnight Geneva)
      Day 2 - Explore Lausanne and Montreaux - Chateau de Chillon (overnight Lausanne)
      Day 3 - Train to Tirano (day trip on train) (possibly overnight Tirano)
      Day 4 - Explore Lugano (overnight Lugano)
      Day 5 - Bernina Express up to Chur (overnight Chur)
      Day 6 - Head to Luzern (overnight Luzern)
      Day 7 - Go to Bern in the morning, explore Bern (overnight Bern)
      Day 8 - Rest and relax Bern (overnight Bern)
      Day 9 - Head to Zurich (overnight Zurich)
      Day 10 - Fly out Zurich the following day

more
    • Nagaraj1965's Profile Photo

Traveling from India

Switzerland Aug 23, 2015 at 1:36 AM

I am traveling with a family of 4 to Switzerland and London. We will arrive to Zurich and do sightseeing for 5 days and will have to come to London and back to India.

I seek help from members to plan my visit. It is going to be 5th of December to 12th.

Cheers
      Nagaraj

more
    • Train Ticket Prices in Switzerland

Switzerland Aug 10, 2015 at 2:28 AM

I've been trying to find train ticket prices in Switzerland.
      All I get from google are the train ticket booking companies, not the Swiss rail company itself.
      We are travelling to Switzerland for the first time at the end of this month. We will not pre book our train tickets as recommended.
      It would be good to have some idea of the train ticket prices. Geneva to Interlaken via Montreux. Interlaken to Luzern etc.
      Rail Europe quoted Geneva to Interlaken for $270 2nd class for 2 adult flexi fare. Is this what we expect to pay?
      Does anyone know the website for Swiss rail?
      Thank you.

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Schaffhausen Switzerland to and from Konstanz Germany

Switzerland Aug 5, 2015 at 3:36 AM

Can the Swiss train Pass be used from Schaffhausen to Konstanz Germany and return ?. .Thanks.

more
    • daleen345's Profile Photo

Swiss rail pass 1st or 2nd class?

Switzerland Aug 26, 2015 at 10:49 AM

My sister and I shall be staying in Luzern from 30/9 to 6/10, and then take the William Tell express to Lugano from where we shall move on to Como for another week. During our stay in Luzern we shall do daytrips to Mt Pilatus, maybe Zurcich or Bern and other smaller towns in the area. We really intend to use trains, boats and other forms of public transport daily. I plan to buy Swiss rail passes for 8 consescutive days. 1st class is so much more expensive. I have always travelled 2nd class in Europe and found it to be quie acceptable. I read with the boats only 1st class can sit on the top deck. Is this enough reason to pay double for 1st class? The only days we shall have luggage with us, is the 30th when we shall take the train from the airport to Luzern, and the last day, on the William Tell express to Lugano.

more
    • What to do April 30-May 2nd

Grindelwald Aug 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM

What is there to do in Grindelwald end of April and beginning of May?

more
    • hzafar's Profile Photo

Things to Do in Interlaken

Interlaken Aug 5, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hello, I am travelling to Interlaken from 15-20 Aug with My Family 3 Kids (9,8,2). Please advise how can i maximize the stay. Recommendations are welcome. My plan as per research is,

1. Jungfru. 16th
      2. Lake Thun and Harder Kalem 17th
      3. Titlis 18th
      4. Geneva 19th Ppls say Watches and Chocolates are good there.
      5. 20th to Zurich for Flight

I will enter Switzerland from Berns. People Recommended me to take Kids Card 30 CFH. That will make their travel free. Please Advise Whats the best travel tickets we can take.

Thx

Zafar

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Rheinfalls

Schaffhausen Aug 9, 2015 at 6:07 AM

Hallo. The Rheinfall site says that in order to visit the north bank (Neuhausen) it is free and that you only pay for parking your car or, of course, if you take an activity.
      As for the south bank it says about 5 CHF/person entrance fee but no charge for parking.
      Is the 5 CHF an entrance fee to the area of the bank or to the building of Schloss Laufen?
      Actually we would like to have some good free of charge views of the falls and take the boat to the basin. We are not at all interested in the Schloss and if the charge of 5 CHF/per person is for the entrance to the south bank, we will drive straight to the north bank although arriving from Winterthur. Nevertheless as far as I can understand the views are better from the north bank. Any help? Thank you.

more

Transport - Interlaken to Luzern

Switzerland Aug 28, 2015 at 12:40 AM

I checked the train routes from Interlaken to Luzern it seem funny that google would give me this route all the time - Interlaken to Luzern via Bern. Is there no direct train from Interlaken to Luzern?

more

Glacier Express or Bernina Express?

Switzerland Aug 22, 2015 at 12:19 PM

If I would only choose to do 1 of the above, which one do you recommend? First time in Switzerland.
      I read in detail reviews of both but could not decide. Also for either of them, do you recommend northbound or southbound in winter time? I am planning for a trip tentatively in November. Thanks!

more