Saarland Travel Answers

change location

Transport and living

by RSVP Online Now Jul 28, 2006 at 3:31 AM

Hi everybody!=))
I`m going to Saarbruecken, beginning August for my internship. I`ll live in Saarbruecken-Scheidt, actually, and the problem is I don`t know (as do not know the people who have organized the living=)) where exactly I`m actually going to stay=))). I mean, I looked through some internet pages, found on Google maps the street (that`s already good=)))!), but no Wohnheim or anything og the kind in der Naehe=) and I`m sure it`s no private apartment. Well, it`s Keiserstrasse 233, 66133 Saarbruecken-Scheidt. Does anybody know what can be there? The closest thing from there - the Saarbriuecken university.
Second problem, how much do you think it`s going to cost me if I buy a ticket for the bus (or anything that goes from there till Alte Saarbruecken) for one month?
Thanx in advance!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

RE: Transport and living

by abalada Online Now Jul 28, 2006 at 2:42 PM

Kaiserstrasse 233, 66133 Saarbruecken-Scheidt (not Keiserstrasse)

saarvv.de/upload/wabenfaltpl...
    If you zoom into the map you can see Scheidt, Universität (close) and Alt-Saarbrücken (not that close).

Couldn't find a Saarbrücken bus network map online. They exist for sure in printed form.

For trips inside the zone 111 (all of Saarbrücken) you need a Preisstufe 0 ticket.
    A monthly ticket is EUR 41,50. If you do not qualify for any discounted ticket.
    Single ticket is EUR 2,00. A day ticket EUR 4,10.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Transport and living

by RSVP Online Now Jul 28, 2006 at 11:29 PM

Thank you very very much!
    And if I have an ISIC, is the ticket cheaper, or its discount doesn`t spread over local transportation?

• abalada's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Transport and living

by abalada Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 3:55 AM

ISIC cards won't be accepted.
    Discounts for students etc. are only for the ones at local institutations.
    You only have a chance if you're enrolled at a local higher education insitution. Not when doing an internship at a company. And I don't know the exact rules for the SaarVV.
    Students can get a Semster-Ticket (valid 1 term = 6 months) for really cheap (EUR 73,00) and valid for the whole state Saarland. Actually not an extra ticket, just an extra logo on their students ID card. But for 1 month this ticket makes no sense.

• RE: RE: Transport and living

by RSVP Online Now Aug 2, 2006 at 6:53 AM

Thank you!
    And - one more question=)) - when does the Rabbatt period start and to which city near Saarbruecken is to go best?=)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Saarland Travel Answer Locations