Saarland Travel Answers

change location

Traveling to Saarbrucken- Several Questions

by anitam Online Now Mar 28, 2004 at 7:17 PM

Hi, I will be traveling to Saarbrucken from NC USA in 3 weeks. From Frankfurt, how far is it via rail? miles/time Also, got used to Bed&Breakfast stays while living in UK. Are there any recommended B&B's in Saarbrucken? When booking a hotel in Germany, does a "double room" mean 2 single beds? This is what I am after- and am going to use Reservation Service DB.Want to be sure before doing so. Any hints on value lodging or other things I will need? Danka, Anita Hutchens in Harrisburg North Carolina- USA

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Traveling to Saarbrucken- Several Questions

by barbara.m Online Now Mar 28, 2004 at 9:00 PM

Hi Anita, from Frankfurt to Saarbruecken it'a about 2 1/2 hours by train, there are through trains. Looking for a place to stay, check www.die-region-saarbruecken.de, then click on ubernachten, then on Privatvermieter. This will give you names, sometimes web sites of small B&Bs in Saarbrücken. A basic hotel is the IBIS, www.ibis-saarbruecken.de, also in English. It's nothing fancy, but a basic,clean hotel chain. "Double room" - Doppelzimmer means one large bed. If you want a twin room, use the English term "twin room" or state you want two single beds, "zwei Einzelbetten". Saarbrücken is a very nice town, right on the border to France. Enjoy your stay there. Barbara

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Traveling to Saarbrucken- Several Questions

by somepie Online Now Jul 20, 2005 at 5:55 AM

anita, were you married to james? we need to talk. email me at bartsolo11@yahoo.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Saarland Travel Answer Locations