Saarbrücken

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• which station

Dresden Nov 26, 2014 at 9:16 AM

hi if i reach by bus from prague what station will bus stop &how to proceed for sightseeing using public transportation as hop on off is croweded as our colleague mention on his post
      thanks

more
    • Pubs and food

Gelsenkirchen Nov 17, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Hi coming for the football next week i( Chelsea ) isthere any decent pubs for visiting fans and how much is a beer and food
      Where is the best place to go

more
    • Romantic Locations

Karlsruhe Nov 16, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Where are the most romantic places in Karlsruhe?? Both indoor and outdoor.

more
    • Blahnix's Profile Photo

Prettiest part?

Black Forest Nov 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hello,
      I would like to know what members consider the prettiest part, or the part that should be seen, in the Black Forest, Germany, please? and how many days would be enough to see it?
      Many thanks

more
    • stores with bicycle miniatures

Berlin Nov 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Hi everybody,
      Anybody know where is some shop with metal cycling/bicycle miniatures in Berlin?
      Can be tour de france figures, cycling or diecast bicycle model.
      I want to know the adress in Berlin.

have a nice day
      Thomas

more
    • 9hours in dresden

Dresden Nov 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM

hi any advise will come from prague in the morning by bus to dresden &back at 7pm to prague
      what i can see & how to proceed the start
      thank you

more
    • coloradopair's Profile Photo

Music in Dresden - Dec 4 to Dec 12

Dresden Nov 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM

We will be in Dresden from Dec 4 to Dec 9 . Can anyone provide information on music venues (jazz or holiday music) during that time? Thanks

more
    • Directions

Gelsenkirchen Nov 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi coming from Düsseldorf airport and stopping at hotel am stern at gelestkirchen how do I get there

more
    • buboy_c.'s Profile Photo

where to stay in hamburg germany cheap but nice

Hamburg Nov 14, 2014 at 8:38 AM

hi... im bob and a low budget traveller going to hamburg, germany this march 2015. can any one recommend a place to stay for a week? im attending a workshop in truedelberg on the 19-21 march. but im thingking of arriving hamburg before that time and see the place. thnks guys

more
    • have fun for the evening

Nürnberg Nov 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

me and my wife are staying in nurnberg from 10-12/ november. Are there any classy clubs/restaurants/bars/parties for swingers?

more
    • berlin to prague

Dresden Yesterday

hi bus or train

how many hours

thanks

more
    • mifi in dresden

Dresden Yesterday

hi

can we get unblocked mifi  so it we insert sim of country i can catch  wifi?

cost?

place to buy

thanks

more
    • felesdomestica's Profile Photo

Berlin weekend of 7,8,9 november 25 anniversary of the fall of the wall

Berlin Nov 5, 2014 at 2:56 AM

I will be in Berlin to celebrate this event and am looking for suggestions of exhibits, happenings, neighborhoods and the like. I have checked the standard sites but am hoping locals will share a few secrets!

more
    • Chemnitz to Berlin

Chemnitz Nov 1, 2014 at 4:18 PM

After my arrival to Chemnitz in days i have to go to berlin. Are there usual journeys to berlin? This is the first I go and I'm alone. Is it easy to travel there? Are the taxies and busses offered to take me from home to Chemnitz hbf safe? I'm staying in Berlin for a day, is it easy to get trains going back to Chemnitz? I'm waiting for your replies and help, please

more
    • Nuremberg to Bamberg and Rothenburg ob der Tauber by public transport

Nürnberg Oct 29, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Planning 2 separate day trips (with wife) to Bamberg and Rothenburg from the Leipziger Platz area of Nuremberg.

Originally, I planned to use my DB 'twin pass' to each destination, since the cost for the added days is much cheaper than individual train tickets for the 2 of us. However, now I see another option: The VGN Day Ticket (price level 10). According to the VGN web site, the one ticket costs €17.50 and is good for the both of us, that is, it is a 'twin' ticket in our case.

Questions:
      (1) Can someone from the Nuremberg area confirm that the VGN Day Ticket includes both Bamberg and Rothenburg and that it would indeed cost us only €17.50 per day for BOTH of us?
      (2) I understand from the site that the VGN Day Ticket includes all travel on the Nuremberg area U-bahn, S-bahn, and buses, so that with that ticket we can both travel from Leipziger Platz to the Nuremberg Hbf, then to Bamberg or Rothenburg, return to Leipziger Platz in Nuremberg, then go out for that same evening somewhere in Nuremberg - all costing us only €17.50?
      (3) If the above is correct, where can one buy the VGN Day Ticket? At any U- or S-bahn station?
      (4) Getting to Rothenburg by train is somewhat of a nuisance and inefficient, as one has to transfer TWICE for such a short journey. Is there an alternate public transport way to get there (e.g., bus) which is direct and also included in the VGN Day Ticket?

I thank you very much.

more
    • Transport from Paris

Bernkastel-Kues Nov 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Since there's no train to Bernkastel Kues...what is best way to get here from Paris without renting a car?

more
    • Looking for best clubs, restaurants, hotels and limoservices

Düsseldorf Nov 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Hi everyone

Next year, we're having a bachelor party planned in Düsseldorf. I've noticed Düsseldorf has much to offer, so making a decision where to go is hard :)

What are the best clubs in town (music: house, dance - Tomorrowland-ish music ;) )
      What are some neat restaurants to go to?
      What cool activities can you do in Düsseldorf (like paintballing, karting etc.)?
      Also looking for a nice place to stay (house for 8 people or nice hotels) and a limoservice :)

Any tips are welcome ;)

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Bamberg or Rothenburg ob der Tauber in mid of Feb.

Bavaria Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I have 1 days in Nuremberg and we were thinking of visiting either Bamberg or Wurzburg on 1 /2 of the day.

What you suggest is the most worth to visit in mid of Feb.

Thanks

more
    • King_Golo's Profile Photo

Which island?

Land Niedersachsen Nov 7, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Hello VTers! After a wonderful winter holiday on the island of Sylt last year, my wife and I are planning to visit a North Sea destination again this year. The approximate time will be one week between 28 December 2014 and 4 January 2015. We'd love to go to a different island this year, so I'd be grateful for recommendations. Sylt provided us with a few nice sights (traditional villages, lighthouses), lots of nature and very nice beach walks as well as the nicest sauna I've been to. Is something similar to be found on the Lower Saxonian islands? Which one would you prefer for a week-long stay, i.e. do they provide enough things to see for that time in winter? Or does it make sense to change the island halfway through the holiday? A first browse of the islands' websites made them seem quite similar... Also, is it recommendable to do a quick stopover in the northern Netherlands or does that take too much time?

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance,
      Golo

more
    • Laundry Facility

Sindelfingen Nov 6, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Where is the closest laundry facility to the Sindelfingen Marriott?

more
    • Cvet123's Profile Photo

Hamburg night live

Hamburg Nov 1, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Hi!
      Can anyone recomend a good place to go out in Hamburg?

more
    • Vega restaurant in Darmstadt

Darmstadt Oct 29, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Dear All,

Can someone help me with a vegetarian restaurant in Darmstadt which is open this weekend also during lunch?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Mo

more
    • margsch's Profile Photo

GB summit conference

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Nov 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I had considerd going back for a few weeks in May, could you tell me exactly when this summat conference is and which periods to avoid.

more
    • Xmas markets - Nuremberg, Bamberg, Rothenburg

Nürnberg Nov 2, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Planning 2½-3 days based in Nuremberg during the first week of December.
      One day planned for Bamberg, one day for Rothenburg and one day for Nuremberg.
      The impression I get from travel forums is the the Nuremberg Xmas market is one of the better (and bigger) ones in Germany. There are also Xmas markets in Bamberg and Rothenburg.

My question is: From personal experience, would you try to spend as much time as possible at the Nuremberg market at the expense of time in the Bamberg and Rothenburg markets? That is, should I leave Bamberg/Rothenburg for Nuremberg relatively early (15:00-16:00) after seeing their respective markets, in order to have more time at the Nuremberg market? I know the Nuremberg market is open until 21:00. How would you divide your time?
      Thanks.

more
    • Innsbruck sleigh rides

Germany Nov 22, 2014 at 12:04 AM

We will be staying in Innsbruck for the Christmas holidays and would like to schedule a sleigh ride for Christmas day. How do I get information on the sleigh rides?

more
    • cheapest train from Frankfurt airport to Saarbruecken

by Chuck333 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM

What is the cheapest train from the Frankfurt airport to Saarbruecken?

8 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • Staying for 1 Thursday night in Saarbrucken.. where is best for a night out?

by Coopstar Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 3:44 AM

where is best for a night out? Staying for only one night so keen to get the best out of it!

4 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 12:46 AM
    • Corduroy311's Profile Photo

English???

by Corduroy311 Online Now May 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM

How difficult will it be to find English speaking residents in the area? Our trip is very last minute and I'm more than a bit nervous about communicating?

13 Answers May 5, 2014 at 9:37 PM
    • Saarbrucken train transfer time

by ttpai Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Hello, This summer we will be traveling on train from Landstuhl to Paris via Saarbrucken. At Saarbrucken, the transfer time allowed from the regional train to the TGV is only 6min. Is that enough time without running with children and luggage (light but still luggage)? Thank you for your help!

5 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    • Taxi from Saarbrucken to Remich, Luxembourg

by ghock Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

We need to travel from Saarbrucken to Remich, Luxembourg on June 22nd for an Avalon Waterways River Cruise. Is it easy to get a taxi and do you have any idea how much it would cost?

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 4:36 AM
    • Transportation between saarbruken and sarregumines, France during weekends.

by asingh09 Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 5:27 AM

I want to travel from Strasbourg to Saarbruken. When I checked there is no direct train. I decided then to travel from strasbourg to saareguimines and then from there to Saarbruken. But I am wondering are there any transportation service between saarbruken and sarregumines, France during weekends. If yes what is the normal fare? how much time it takes to reach and how frequent trains are ?? please answer if someone has information.

3 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    • access for wheelchair

by gabigabigabi Online Now Mar 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I'll be travelling by train from Bruxelles to Saarbrucken and from Saarbrucken to Paris and I want to know whether there is access for wheelchairs in order to get into the train station and the train itself. Bear in mind it is a power wheelchair, for what everything must be free-steps.
      I need to know if those train stations are wheelchair friendly and also if every train which does that journey or just some of them in specific times of the day are. In case not all of them have access, please let me know.
      Moreover, i would be glad if you could let me know if inside the train, every class is accesible, and if once there i have to request any special attention or instead the accesses are visible to the naked eye.
      Thank you, Gabriela

1 Answer Mar 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    • Airport-Train Connections

by robertelizer Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Can you please tell me the distance between the Saarbrucken Airport and the train station where I would catch the train to Paris? Also, do you know if there is public transportation between the two? Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2007 at 5:15 PM
    • PaulFB's Profile Photo

First time visitor

by PaulFB Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 7:03 AM

I am 52 years old and traveling to Germany for the first time. My grandparents were both born & raised in Germany and my grandfather was from Saarbrucken. I want to spend some time in the town and am looking for suggestions as to how to best get a sense of the town's history as well as how the locals live now. Also, I am assuming that most public records were destroyed during the war, but if anyone has information about how to trace my family tree while I am there that would be appreciated as well. thank you.

2 Answers Dec 31, 2006 at 7:29 AM