Sa Pa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• clothes shopping

Vung Tau Jul 15, 2015 at 4:52 PM

is there lots of places to buy clothes and other stuff in vung tau?

more
    • USD-VND CONERSION IN HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 13, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Jul 13, 2015: Rate on internet shows 1$=21800vnd. what is the going rate on the street in saigon? can you recommend a "good" moneychanger?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Regarding Jetstar Pacific Airlines' Inflight Magazine

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 4, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Hi, Vietnam VT,

Has anyone flown with Jetstar Pacific lately in 2015? If yes, are there now hardcopies of Jetstar Magazine published and printed in Vietnam? Last year, I flew two times three times with the airline in November and December 2014. I could not find Jetstar Magazine.

Please help me as i wish to collect Jetstar Magazine printed in Vietnam from Jetstar Pacific.

more
    • Arriving in Ho Chi Minh, having 15 days time, then need to fly to Singapur - what to do in between?

Vietnam 7 hours ago

Hey guys,

I have seen that the community here is pretty active and thought that you could give us some hints as well. We would really appreciate any input, since we are pretty unsure until now...

We will arrive in Ho Chi Minh on the 17.08. and have about 15 days until we have to fly to Singapur at the 31.08.2015. Yes it is the wet season in the south and we do not really know how bad it could get in that time.

We thought about travelling north: Da Lat - Nha Trang - Hoi An - Fly from Da Nang to Singapur. Are 14-15 days sufficient for that? Are there stops in between that are recommended to visit? Is this a good plan after all?

Alternative would be to travel west from ho chi minh in the direction of phu quoc and koh rong in cambodia. Does anybody have any recommendations and experiences to share (also in view of the wet season).

If somebody has other ideas (like flying to malaysia in that time and travel there to singapur), please share :)

Thank you in advance, we appreciate any kind of input!

Best regards,

Max

more
    • getting around

Vietnam Jul 12, 2015 at 6:25 PM

how do I get from Vung Tau to Phan Thiet in August never been to Vietnam before and need a hand.

more
    • Getting Clothes Made

Vietnam Jul 24, 2015 at 5:35 PM

We will be traveling through Vietnam in September and are interested in getting some clothes made (suits, dresses etc.).
      Any recommendations on good, reliable, affordable places would be greatly appreciated.

We will be visiting HCMC, DaNang/Hoi An, Hanoi.

Thanks,

more
    • going to Halong Bay

Hanoi 8 hours ago

Could somebody please give me a rough price on travelling from Hanoi and spending a night on Halong Bay if arranged as a package through hotel or an agent? Thanks.

more
    • robertaberman's Profile Photo

Seeking accessible/practical suburbs & areas of Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Hanoi to book hotels in.

Vietnam Jul 15, 2015 at 12:42 AM

I am attending a conference (as a professional photographer) in Singapore, during October and afterwards will be travelling to Vietnam spending a week in each of the following city/areas: Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang & Hanoi (total of 3 weeks).
      I have booked flights and want to pre-book inexpensive hotels in the above for the first 2 days during each of my weeks stay and will then book further accommodation once I know where & what I want to go/do/travel/see etc.
      When travelling I generally try to avoid tourist areas/sites and I am particularly interested in photographing local life - people just getting on with their lives, ‘street photography’. So the first place I visit in a village/town/city would be the market/local areas.
      I would therefore appreciate any advice/recommendations as to what specific areas (central/accessible/interesting/cultural) in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang & Hanoi I should look for hotels in.
      Many thanks

more
    • hydrofoil from saigon to vung tau..

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 14, 2015 at 2:19 AM

1. Is the hydrofoil operating between saigon to vung tau..?

2. Is there a regular bus from vung tau to mui ne/phan thiet?

3. Is there a regular bus from mui ne/phan thiet to nha trang?

Any details appreciated. Thank you!

more
    • Points of interest

Hanoi Jul 1, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Can someone suggest points of interest in Hanoi? I'll be there 1 1/2 days next week

more
    • USD-VND CONERSION IN HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 13, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Jul 13, 2015: Rate on internet shows 1$=21800vnd. what is the going rate on the street in saigon? can you recommend a "good" moneychanger?

more
    • Le Belhamy Resort and Spa?

Hoi An Jul 10, 2015 at 11:00 PM

We are 2 families and go for the first time to Hoi An coming August.
      Choose to stay in this hotel and would like to know more about the hotel vicinity such as restaurants, convenient stores and so on.
      Thanks for the replies in advance

more
    • Tet 2016 when do things get back to normal

Vietnam Jul 19, 2015 at 11:13 AM

I will be arrivng in Vietnam on Feb 11th. I am wondering if I should spend some time in Cambodia first and get back to Vietnam after the tet week/weekend. Do things get back to "normal" by Monday 15th? I would like to fully enjoy Vietnam the 15th through the 26th of Feb

more
    • getting my visa

Hanoi Jul 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM

I have just applied for my visa for entry to Vietnam I have 2 copies of the form that needs to have my photo attached to and requires my details is this the only paperwork I need as I keep reading about an approval letter.
      I am travelling from Thailand and I want to know if I need a different form to let me board the plane in Thailand?
      Thank you for any advice.

more
    • Visiting Sa Pa

by wenbinchin Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I will be visiting Sa Pa on this coming Saturday (21 December 2013) and i know that Sa Pa is snowing right now, I'm wondering whether suitable for me to visit Sa Pa and any special preparation that i need to do?

3 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM
    • lenardt's Profile Photo

Train travel

by lenardt Online Now Aug 22, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Can someone please tell me how long the beds are on the overnight soft sleeper train from Hanoi to Sapa? I am 6'3' tall and fairly large build.

4 Answers Aug 22, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    • What is best weekend tour package to Sapa

by linpaau Online Now Feb 13, 2010 at 2:01 AM

We are 4 people that want a weekend trip to Sapa from Hanoi. We would like to see markets, ethnic villages and scenery, but some of us cannot manage uphill trekking or too long walking (about 45 minutes is OK, if not difficult). We would like to arrange it in advance over the internet. Which tour operator and which tour would people recommend - there seem to be so many!!

Thanks,

lin

1 Answer Feb 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM
    • visiting Sa Pa

by kyleaz Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I think that we missed a lot in Sa Pa. What all do most people see? Our guide never showed us the water fall at one of the hill tribes. A local girl offered to show it to us but I didn't know how much time we had.
      We plan on going back.
      kyle

• Is it worth goiong to Sapa for one day?

by latitudep Online Now Oct 2, 2009 at 5:19 PM

We are thinking of going to Sapa on the overnight train, spending the day, probably a Saturday and then back on the overnight train. Could we plan a motorbike tour on the spot or should we organise it beforehand? ..or just spend the day at the markets?

7 Answers Oct 3, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    • January in Sapa

by chrislib Online Now Aug 5, 2009 at 3:37 AM

We can only visit Sapa in January - is it worth it or will the weather make it a waste of time?

4 Answers Aug 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    • ComfortableTrain to Sapa

by DT2527 Online Now Feb 13, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Hi,

I will be traveling with a buddy from Hanoi to Sapa. We will like to book a 2 berth soft cabin for a comfortable ride. I note that there are quite many different train companies to choose from and am wondering any of you guys have experience with or recommendation for one that provides relatively new and comfortable train and 2-berth cabin. Victoria Express is out of the question as I understand it is exclusive for its hotel guests.

Appreciate any assistance!

2 Answers Feb 14, 2009 at 12:19 AM
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Advices needed for Sapa Trip

by marcus_gsh Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Hi,

i plan to visit Sapa 4D3N, 3rd week of Jan 09, just myself.
      Any travel agency recommended? price range?
      should I prebook online first or book thru Hanoi hotel?
      How is the weather there?

Cheers,
      Marcus

7 Answers Jan 4, 2009 at 7:32 AM
    • Jontxu's Profile Photo

Malarya in Sa Pa

by Jontxu Online Now Jun 25, 2008 at 6:49 AM

Hi,

I am going to Sa Pa late september, I would like to know if there is any malarya risk, to get some tablets with me or not.

Cheers!

Jon

1 Answer Jun 25, 2008 at 11:20 PM
    • Advice needed

by jharness Online Now May 11, 2008 at 11:43 AM

We are arriving in Hanoi on July 25th and after afew days there would like to visit Sa Pa. Please could you help with our questions?

1. what the weather would be like
      2. what type of clothing would be best
      3. Should we book the overnight train from Hanoi before we leave England.
      4. should we book an organised tour before we leave England or can we do it from Hanoi when we arrive?
      5. Any suggestions as to how long we should stay in Sa Pa?

Thank you for your help in anticipation

4 Answers Jun 25, 2008 at 11:29 PM
    • kengsiriwat's Profile Photo

Bus service from Sapa to Hanoi

by kengsiriwat Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 9:55 PM

I have a limited time in Hanoi for weekend. I would like to visit Sa Pa by train on Friday night. And I need to back to Hanoi by Sunday evening. Is there a bus or other trasportation from Sa Pa to Hanoi on Sunday ?

2 Answers Feb 19, 2008 at 9:04 PM
    • Markets in sapa

by rungtip Online Now Nov 16, 2007 at 3:04 AM

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone know about markets info in sapa or area nearby, So far i have info on Bac Ha, Muong Hon and Coc Ly but i don't know if where is located.please enlighten me?

Many thanks

3 Answers May 14, 2008 at 12:28 AM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Villages

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Oct 27, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Visiting Sapa end of February. Different tours offer a variety of trek options. I've identified the following villages: Cat Cat Village, Ta Phin, Giang Ta Chai (is that the same as Lao Chai?), Y Linh Ho, Hau Thao, Su Pan, Ta Van, Nam Keeng, Ban Ho, Cau May, Nam Toong, Nam Ken, Mi Son and Than Phu.
      My questions are:
      1. Have I missed out any?
      2. Which ones are in the cannot-miss category? (which are the best from a scenic and cultural perspective?)
      3. Which village would offer the best home-stay experience?
      Would appreciate any advice, recommendations, ideas.

5 Answers Feb 2, 2008 at 1:06 PM
    • SAPA WEATHER AND TREKS

by dotty58 Online Now Sep 15, 2007 at 2:49 PM

What will be the expected weather at the end of October, will the rice fields be green? What would the best out of the way treks and markets be?

Suggested attire for this area?

2 Answers Oct 7, 2009 at 3:29 AM
    • Free Lanche Tour Guide Contact

by ikira Online Now Aug 4, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Hi Vts,

I need your s to help this time
      My pre book tour guide in sapa has cancelled my booking last minutes.
      I need to find replacement for that.

Can anyone provide me with some contacts.
      If cant get the tour guide, please kindly advice on the budget tour operator for the tour..

Thanks

Regards

2 Answers Aug 4, 2007 at 12:48 PM
    • Please advise the rent for motocycle in Sapa.

by newhanoian Online Now Jul 26, 2007 at 1:46 AM

I'm going to Sapa next month with a freind. Anyone here know how much is the price for renting a motorbike with driver / day? Or is there any other suggestion? How about a car with driver? I need to find transportation as I'm not going on a package..
      your response will be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 29, 2007 at 7:44 PM
    • babiangel210's Profile Photo

Sapa in December

by babiangel210 Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 7:28 PM

hey guys,

my friend and I will be up in Hanoi and hoping to go to Sapa late december... does anyone have any tips, suggestions, comments ... anything?

thanks thanks
      Linh

• AnnPuddu's Profile Photo

beyond sapa

by AnnPuddu Online Now Apr 17, 2006 at 2:59 AM

i will be in hanoi at the beginning of may and would like to go on up to sapa and the highlands...i guess i can take the train or fly to sapa and would appreciate recommendations for really out-of-the-way places to visit from sapa...i can hire a car and guide if necessary...would like to see areas that are not visited by hordes of tourists. i have been teaching in danang for three months and really appreciate the scarcity of tourists here (as compared to hoi an and hue). thanx...

6 Answers Apr 23, 2006 at 8:43 AM
    • KY13's Profile Photo

Sa Pa in April / May

by KY13 Online Now Feb 6, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Hi guys,

We r planning a trip to Sa Pa sometime April / May. Could you tell us what the weather would be like around that time? Also, whats the best way to travel from hanoi to Sa Pa and how long does the trip take?

Thanks in advance
      KY

2 Answers Apr 3, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    • Sa Pa, Vietnam, weather averages

by c.trevor Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 2:42 AM

Can anyone give us the Jan/Feb average temps for sa pa please, trevor

3 Answers Jan 6, 2006 at 9:17 PM