Ryton on Dunsmore

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transit Visa

Heathrow Jul 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM

This is in continuation to my earlier question answered by you. My airlines says that I need to check in the baggage again(though I will be having hand baggage only).
      So the facts are that
      1. I am Indian citizen having a valid canada visa
      2. will need to change terminals 2 to 4 for taking the connecting air canada flight. (Air india and air canada flight tickets booked on same ticket with a time gap of 3 hrs)
      3. Airlines say that I need to check in the baggage again (though I will be having hand baggage only).

So what do you suggest should I get the transit visa and which type

more
    • Brittany Ferry to St Malo, France/Loire Valley Chateaus

Portsmouth Jul 15, 2015 at 1:05 PM

would like to take ferry from Portsmouth to St. Malo - to see Mont St Michel and chateaus in Loire Valley. Going in October - 3 adults with suitcases, no cars. Arrival is on a Sunday - what is the best way to get around once we arrive in "Bretagne" (St. Malo)?
      thanks

more
    • Kew Explorer

Kew Gardens Jul 8, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Do we have to board the Kew Explorer at Victoria Gate? We will arrive at Elizabeth Gate and would like to board near there first.

more
    • bus to cockington

Cockington 17 hours ago

Hi can we take dogs on the 62 bus and can we use our torbay day riders issued by stagecoach

more
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

buckingham palace tour

London Jul 31, 2015 at 6:30 PM

I arrive at 11;30 am at heathrow terminal 2,   I plan on making a reservation for a 2 hour buckingham palace tour   in september  at 1515    3;15 PM    do I have enought time to take the train  to make the 315 pm tour  I want to be there no at least half an hour before the tour starts

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Jul 30, 2015 at 7:28 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      I have a valid visa for canada. Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type? I aso have following queries: while changing the terminals in heathrow ie from terminal 2 to 4 will i be leaving the airport, will i be aiside or landside and will i be crossing uk border.

more
    • Early morning bus or train to Stansted?

London Jul 29, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I need a bus or train on early morning (4 am) to go on Stansted and take a flight on 6:30am from Great Dover Street or Waterloo Station.

How difficult can it be? I'm checking all coaches/bus sites and find nothing.

more
    • Stay in terminal 3=going through security again??

Heathrow Aug 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM

We have a short layover at Heathrow. We are arriving from the USA on British Airways in terminal 3 and departing for Prague from terminal 3 in an hour and 20 minutes on British Airways. Will we have to go through security again? If so, will we have enough time? We don't travel until November so we do have time to reschedule out flights if this is going to be a problem. (I have heard horror stories about Heathrow from many of my friends.)

more
    • Kings Cross underground picadilly line to National Rail to York

London Jul 31, 2015 at 4:02 AM

I will be coming from Heathrow via the tube on the Piccadilly line to Kings Cross and have booked tickets to travel to York on the East Coast National Rail. Can I ask is the tube line in the same location as the National Rail for this connection? I'm guessing the tube is underground and the rail above it? correct? or please give me detailed instructions on how to make this connection with luggage in tow.

more
    • Meeting passengers transferring flights at Heathrow

Ascot Jul 31, 2015 at 2:28 AM

My daughter is flying in to Terminal 4 and then taking the Flight Connections free bus to Terminal 3 where her flight takes off 3 hours later. Am I right in assuming I will be able to meet her in Departures at T3 for a while before she then has to go back through security and flies back to the USA?

Thank you!

more
    • Harwich, England to Edinburgh, Scotland

Harwich Jul 23, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Any information on train that goes from Harwich to
      Cambridge to Peterborough to Edinburgh?

more
    • maryttbloomer's Profile Photo

Finchale Priory

England Jul 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM

i'm visiting Durham next month and have heard about this place
      how do we get from durham to it can i walk to it and is there any facilities there ie cafes bars restaurants

more
    • Connection times

Heathrow Jul 31, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I arrive at Heathrow from Lisbon at 10:20 in the morning on TAP Portugal. Have a 1:00 PM flight on Delta from Heathrow to Los Angeles. Will this be enough connection time to get through Customs, Security, etc? Thanks for anyone's help!

more
    • transit visa

Heathrow Jul 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM

I am an Indian Citizen. I shall be travelling to Canada. My Flight AI115 shall arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4at 11:55 hours on 30th Aug,2015. Then the flight AI7309 departs at 15:00 hours same day after a gap of just 3 hours from terminal 2.
      Please let me know whether I need a transit visa for UK? If yes, then what type?

more
    • Broadstairs to St Peters walk?

Broadstairs Jul 27, 2015 at 3:27 AM

Hi, I am visiting Broadstairs next week, and intend to alight the train at Ramsgate and walk the costal route to Broadstairs to try a few pubs. Is there a scenic route to the village of St Peters from Broadstairs to visit the Yard of Ale pub in St Peters, which recently won the local CAMRA pub of the year? BW, Nick

more
    • Lowest fares from London to Asia - Which months?

London Jul 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM

This question may have been asked hundreds of times before, but I want to know how to get the lowest priced air tickets to India, Sri Lana and other countries in that part of Asia.

more
    • Time to get thru customs

Heathrow Jul 20, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Does anyone know approximate time it takes to get through customs on a Sun. morning in August in Terminal 2?

more
    • 11 hour layover

Heathrow Jul 4, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Hi , i am traveling from ottawa canada to beirut . i arrive at T2 and my next flight is at T3 , my layover is around 11.5 hours and i wanted to know if i need to check out my bags and recheck them in for my next flight, and are there any lounges where i can sleep at ?

more
    • The Shard restaurants?

London Jul 23, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Going to London in December,planning to go to one of Shard´s restaurants.
      How would you recommend and which,depending on time of the year and day(to see sunset and town in lights),busy days(weekend)-all of that for best chance to get window sitting table.
      Or is it Another Tourist trap?

more
    • Travel to dartmoor

Dartmoor National Park Jul 12, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Excited for my first trip to Dartmoor. What is the best route from London to Bovey Tracey

more
    • StephanieW7's Profile Photo

Windsor, Bath and Cotswolds as 2 day trips??

London Jul 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Hello all! I have 2 days that I am trying to plan but I am lost on the how to's and if it can be done. Idealy on day one I would like to do Windsor and then go back to the hotel in london. Then on the second day train to bath see the roman baths, the jane austin centre and the circus (we have been to bath once before and are going with newbies - this is all the are interested in) then going out to the cotswolds to see Castle Combe and Bibury and that direction. We only want to see a few towns (2 or 3) before heading back to bath for dinner, then train back to London. I also thought that we could do windsor and cotswolds by rental car on day one. Stay the night someplace in that area and then on to bath the next day spending the day looking/shopping and heading back to london that night. What would be the best option?? I am uneasy about driving on the other side of the road so would option 2 not be a good idea or is it not a big deal? Thanks!! 

**UPDATE** I know this is a lot in the amount of time we have but we just want an overview

more
    • Ideas for a day trip out of London.

London 4 hours ago

We will be in London for 4 days and would like to spend a day out of the city. We have been to Bath and to Stonehenge on our last trip and am thinking perhaps Oxford, Windsor or another nice destination. We would be using public transport to get there. Any suggestions for a nice day out of London and tips on how to get there? Thankyou in advance.

more
    • Connection time between Terminals 3 and 5 at LHR.

London Jul 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM

I will be arriving at LHR's Terminal 5 at 1830 from Paris CDG (hopefully on time!). I then depart on QF2 at 2035 from Terminal 3. Is the 2 hours enough time to get to T3?

more
    • Brittany Ferry to Saint Malo, France

Southampton Jul 15, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Has anyone taken the Brittany Ferry from Southhampton to Saint Malo? Planning to take in early Oct to see Mont Saint Michel and also Loire Valley before heading into Paris. Three adults travelling with luggage and no car..

more
    • Plymouth, England

Plymouth Jul 5, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Hi there - 1) pls advise best way to travel from Heathrow airport to Plymouth (near Plymouth uni). 2) my son n I have about 10days to spare, what are the places we can go for shopping n sightseeing not so far off Plymouth 3) should we rent a car to move around? Looking forward to receive suggestions. Thank you in advance, Hellen

more