Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Moscow Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

more
    • About hotels

Respublika Kareliya Mar 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Is there any hotels or accommodation in KEM or LOUKHI ? Please tell me

more
    • Rent a car and driver

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Mar 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Can you rent a car and driver in Yuzhno Salinsk that will pick you up and drop you back to the cruise ship terminal in Korsakov? If so any idea how much per hour or for 4 -5 hours? Thankyou.

more
    • english speaking 1.5 day world war 2 tour

Volgograd Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we are 2 couples coming at the beginning of July , could we get offers for a 1.5 guided tour based on world war 2 events ?

more
    • Travel by car

Russia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm planing on going to Russia this may, and i need few informations. Traveling by my own car, i'm wondering how much do taxes on the border cost (i'm staying for about 3,4 days)? Is it cheaper if i come through belarus then baltic countries?

more
    • russian visa from u.k

Moscow Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

more
    • Americans in Moscow

Moscow Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

more
    • Address in Smolensk

Smolensk Apr 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Hello,

I am trying to verify an address can somebody help me. My email is redbells91360@gmail.com

LIDER 2 Garden Street Smolensk , 25a (square Zhelyabov )

Thank you,

Nicholas

more
    • johngayton's Profile Photo

Buying Train Tickets Online

Russia 21 hours ago

I'm trying to buy a St Petersburg to Moscow train ticket using rdz.ru The site takes me through the reservation and the payment with no problems (I've created a log-in profile) but after I've completed the payment bit, including the security verification, it declines the transaction.

I'm in the UK, using a Visa debit card.

Has anyone else here had similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

more
    • Welcome to Republic of Mari El !!!

Respublika Mariy-El Apr 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The Republic of Mari El is included in Privolzhsky Federal District and is situated in the centre part of the Russian Federation. Its territory is 23.4 thousand square Km, the population is 698.3 thousand people.
      It borders on the Nizhny Novgorod Oblast in the west, on the Kirov Oblast in the north-east, on the Tatarstan Republic and the Chuvash Republic in the south.
      The population of the Republic of Mari El consists of Mari people – 43%, Russian people – 47,5%, Tatars people – 5,9%. Over 50 nationalities are living on the territory of Republic. The official languages are Russian and Mari.
      The Republic of Mari El means “Mari country» translated from Mari language. It is a wonderful land with beautiful nature, riches lakes and forests. There are over 600 pure and deep lakes in the Republic where most of them are karstic origin, about 476 rivers having total extension over 7 thousand kilometers.
      About 50 percent of the territory of the Republic is covered with forests. For century, the forest was place of habitation, source of food and sacred temple for Mari pagans. Today, the Mari people is one of a few peoples of Europe, preserving the paganism practically in permanent form as an official national religion. There are about 520 pagan sacred groves in the Republic of Mari El.
      Modern the Republic of Mari El is dynamically developing territory on which contemporary architecture adjoins with numerous historical and cultural sites.
      The most popularity gained a capital city of the Republic of Mari El – Yoshkar-Ola (from translated Mari language means “Red city», beautiful city) with its excellent architectural ensembles - Tsarevokokshaisk Kremlin, Patriarch's Square, area of the first tsarevokokshaisk leader/voevode Obolensky-Nogotkova, where there is an unique musical clock with icon of the Mother of God « Troeruchitsi» installed above the arch in the tower, magnificent palaces of sports.
      Today the capital city of the Republic is modern comfortable city having its unique colour and individuality. The city is actively develop, embellish new parks and squares, areas and boulevards. In renewal city combine local colour, tradition of chief town of a uyezd and old European design. Also, Yoshkar-Ola attracts its compact structure and all sights are located walking distance from each other.
      The Republic of Mari El is original, charming and always attractive for lovers of travel and active sport.
      The Republic of Mari El is region with which met once, difficult to leave.

more
    • MirkaKripac's Profile Photo

Russian Visa Support Documents - Tourist Voucher, Invitation

Russia Apr 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

Please do you have an advice how to get the Russian visa support documents?
      We would like to travel on our own, staying in apartments booked through airbnb.com.
      Do you know some reliable companies providing this service?

Best,
      Mirka

more
    • Worried about visit to St. Petersburg in May

Saint Petersburg Mar 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Going to St. Petersburg in May (2014). We are Canadian, in our 60's and going on our own for 5 days. Already have our VISA. Coming in from Helsinki on train. Frankly we are very concerned about what we might face when we get there given all that is happening ..... Should we be worried? Our consulate website basically says nothing except that they have limited services now. (They closed the St. Petersburg branch)
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • johngayton's Profile Photo

Buying Train Tickets Online

Russia 21 hours ago

I'm trying to buy a St Petersburg to Moscow train ticket using rdz.ru The site takes me through the reservation and the payment with no problems (I've created a log-in profile) but after I've completed the payment bit, including the security verification, it declines the transaction.

I'm in the UK, using a Visa debit card.

Has anyone else here had similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

11 Answers 16 hours ago
    • MirkaKripac's Profile Photo

Russian Visa Support Documents - Tourist Voucher, Invitation

Russia Apr 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

Please do you have an advice how to get the Russian visa support documents?
      We would like to travel on our own, staying in apartments booked through airbnb.com.
      Do you know some reliable companies providing this service?

Best,
      Mirka

13 Answers 14 minutes ago
    • Welcome to Republic of Mari El !!!

Respublika Mariy-El Apr 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The Republic of Mari El is included in Privolzhsky Federal District and is situated in the centre part of the Russian Federation. Its territory is 23.4 thousand square Km, the population is 698.3 thousand people.
      It borders on the Nizhny Novgorod Oblast in the west, on the Kirov Oblast in the north-east, on the Tatarstan Republic and the Chuvash Republic in the south.
      The population of the Republic of Mari El consists of Mari people – 43%, Russian people – 47,5%, Tatars people – 5,9%. Over 50 nationalities are living on the territory of Republic. The official languages are Russian and Mari.
      The Republic of Mari El means “Mari country» translated from Mari language. It is a wonderful land with beautiful nature, riches lakes and forests. There are over 600 pure and deep lakes in the Republic where most of them are karstic origin, about 476 rivers having total extension over 7 thousand kilometers.
      About 50 percent of the territory of the Republic is covered with forests. For century, the forest was place of habitation, source of food and sacred temple for Mari pagans. Today, the Mari people is one of a few peoples of Europe, preserving the paganism practically in permanent form as an official national religion. There are about 520 pagan sacred groves in the Republic of Mari El.
      Modern the Republic of Mari El is dynamically developing territory on which contemporary architecture adjoins with numerous historical and cultural sites.
      The most popularity gained a capital city of the Republic of Mari El – Yoshkar-Ola (from translated Mari language means “Red city», beautiful city) with its excellent architectural ensembles - Tsarevokokshaisk Kremlin, Patriarch's Square, area of the first tsarevokokshaisk leader/voevode Obolensky-Nogotkova, where there is an unique musical clock with icon of the Mother of God « Troeruchitsi» installed above the arch in the tower, magnificent palaces of sports.
      Today the capital city of the Republic is modern comfortable city having its unique colour and individuality. The city is actively develop, embellish new parks and squares, areas and boulevards. In renewal city combine local colour, tradition of chief town of a uyezd and old European design. Also, Yoshkar-Ola attracts its compact structure and all sights are located walking distance from each other.
      The Republic of Mari El is original, charming and always attractive for lovers of travel and active sport.
      The Republic of Mari El is region with which met once, difficult to leave.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 1:23 AM
    • jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Moscow Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

3 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM
    • Americans in Moscow

Moscow Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

6 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • Travel by car

Russia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm planing on going to Russia this may, and i need few informations. Traveling by my own car, i'm wondering how much do taxes on the border cost (i'm staying for about 3,4 days)? Is it cheaper if i come through belarus then baltic countries?

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    • russian visa from u.k

Moscow Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

5 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • Address in Smolensk

Smolensk Apr 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Hello,

I am trying to verify an address can somebody help me. My email is redbells91360@gmail.com

LIDER 2 Garden Street Smolensk , 25a (square Zhelyabov )

Thank you,

Nicholas

10 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 10:30 PM
    • About hotels

Respublika Kareliya Mar 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Is there any hotels or accommodation in KEM or LOUKHI ? Please tell me

3 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 5:00 AM
    • Rent a car and driver

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Mar 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Can you rent a car and driver in Yuzhno Salinsk that will pick you up and drop you back to the cruise ship terminal in Korsakov? If so any idea how much per hour or for 4 -5 hours? Thankyou.

3 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    • Worried about visit to St. Petersburg in May

Saint Petersburg Mar 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Going to St. Petersburg in May (2014). We are Canadian, in our 60's and going on our own for 5 days. Already have our VISA. Coming in from Helsinki on train. Frankly we are very concerned about what we might face when we get there given all that is happening ..... Should we be worried? Our consulate website basically says nothing except that they have limited services now. (They closed the St. Petersburg branch)
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

13 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • english speaking 1.5 day world war 2 tour

Volgograd Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we are 2 couples coming at the beginning of July , could we get offers for a 1.5 guided tour based on world war 2 events ?

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Visum and boat

Saint Petersburg Mar 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I have heard you don't need a visum/visa if you go to St. Petersburg by ferry and leave Russian within 72 hours. Does that mean that I can arrive with boat and leave with plane, or would I have to leave the same way as I arrived?

4 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 12:21 AM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Platzkart - any chance to survive?

Russia Mar 14, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Don't laugh, in good old times no decent person would ever consider a platzkart carriage, and did not have to do so, as the most usual Moscow – St.Peterburg ticket in a 4-birth compartment would cost 8 roubles, less than three bottles of vodka.
      Now our good RZhD wants 9 000 roubles for a return trip to Minsk. They must be thinking their rails are made of gold with platinum switches.
      The infamous platzkart is about 1900 roubles one-way, and the sitting airplane-type – about 1500 roubles (nice prospect to sit through the night, too).
      Now I am completely at a loss. Does anyone have any experience riding trains and coming back alive?
      How does one actually go about sleeping in a 50 pax carriage; where to put the luggage and other belongings?
      Thanks!

9 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • Rent a car or rely on train?

Sochi Mar 9, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Does it make sense to rent a car at Sochi/Adler airport to get around Sochi, Adler and Krasnaya Polyana for 2 days, or to rely to express train? Staying at the Marriott in Krasnya Polyana. Advice?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM
    • Weather, tour operators

Saint Petersburg Mar 7, 2014 at 4:04 PM

We'll be arriving by cruise ship on 05/27-05/28/14. Typically will I need a down coat & boots or is it usually rainy in May? We want to arrange an intensive 2 day group tour of St Petersburg & an evening ballet performance independently of the cruise ship. Many of these tour operators provide group tours with less than 20 people, which is very appealing. My difficulty is finding a tour operator that offers the 2 day tour linked with the evening ballet performance, because the playbills for the ballets are NOT released until 1 month prior to the performances. Any suggestions about making our preferred arrangements would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sincerely,
      Vicki Van Elswyk

5 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • qaredaq's Profile Photo

Trains to Saint petersburg

Moscow Feb 26, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi
      I want to travel Moscow, then Saint petersburg early April. Should i book my train ticket, Moscow to saint petersburg in advance, Or i can buy it right before departure?

8 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • Cell Phone & Notebook Hacking in Russia

Russia Feb 25, 2014 at 5:19 AM

On a recent episode of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, a reporter showed how easily and quickly his notebook got hacked. It happened almost immediately when he powered it on.
      My wife and I will be traveling this summer to St. Petersburg & Moscow, and I would request any information or helpful hints on how to avoid being hacked when I bring my cell phone and/or notebook with me. Thanks,

6 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Russian visas

Russia Feb 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking at the process of getting a Russian visa and I'm a little confused about whether I need to use a visa service. There is a big difference in price between doing it myself and getting the service ($80 vs $250), however I have been told that I won't be able to get a visa without help anyway.

As I'm doing a tour I have a letter of invitation (in PDF format). Do I need anything else beyond the usual? The agent told me that my insurance won't be accepted and neither will my letter of invitation and that they will provide the correct ones. Does that sound right? Just very wary of being ripped off.

Any advice you can give is appreciated. I have heaps of time but just want to make sure I'm doing it the right way.

Many thanks, Natalie

8 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 3:39 AM
    • qaredaq's Profile Photo

registration in Russia

Moscow Feb 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Hi guys,
      I want to have a 7 days trip to Russia, Do I need to register ? I read somewhere you don't need to register if you want to stay less than 7 business days. So my travel takes 6 business days, and one holiday.
      p.s I'm an Iranian Citizen.
      cheers

9 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • Automobile Club, Road Service in Russia

Russia Feb 23, 2014 at 6:47 AM

What is the name and contact info for the Russian equivalent of the AAA, Auto Club?
      They provide road service for breakdowns, flat tires, battery failure, etc.

7 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • Pavlovsk weather

Pavlovsk Feb 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM

what is the climate like there? and overall weather condiditons?

4 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 2:49 AM
    • mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

Is a Aeroflot a good airline to choose

Russia Feb 20, 2014 at 8:07 AM

As this is a notional airline I assume it would be as good as any other National airline?

KLM
      Lufstansa
      Air Canada

etc

21 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

Summer Vacation

Russia Feb 16, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I am planning a trip for a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 teenagers 15 and17 this is not our first trip like this but are looking forward to these destinations we are flying in with AEROLOFT and using then for the internal connections except Krakow to Prauge. maybe am over night train there. Here is the plan St Petersburg 5 days Flying to Krakow for 5 more to Prague for another 5 days then back to Moscow for my final 5 days.

we do Moscow in the end as its the city we will be flying home from.

St Petersburg ideas so far: A ballet and maybe an opera. Visit the Hermitage museum, the Winter palace, Church of the Savior Blood, Cathrines Palace, Bolshi theatre, Mariinsky theatre. Boat tour of the Canals

Krakow, Day 1 main market sq, Church of the Holy Virgin, Cloth Hall, Schindlers factory. Day 2 Historic center, Palace museum, Pod Aniolami. Day 3 Wawel royal Palace, Jewish district, Ulica Kanonicza. Day 4 Aushchwitz.
      Day 5 Salt mines of Wielicka

Prauge
      Day 1 Old town & jewish quarter
      Day 2 Castle And Castle Area
      Day 3 New town & St Charles bridge area
      Day 4 Kutna Hora

Moscow
      Day 1 Kremlin, St Basil Catherdral
      Day 2 Bunker 42,
      Day 3 Star City ?
      Day 4

ballet and opera if not scene in St Petersburg, then maybe moscow

I am looking for suggestions for hotels and attractions and reputable guides that you may have used

As always I am greatful for the assistance provided by my friends here on VT. In the past you have made many a trips a success! Thank you

12 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • Pomocub's Profile Photo

Trains to Moscow from Europe

Moscow Feb 12, 2014 at 4:17 AM

What cities have train journeys to Moscow, what are the approximate times and a rough guide price.

I want to visit Moscow but flights to Moscow are quite expensive. I would like to fly into Europe and get the train to Moscow. What are my options? I am from the UK if that helps.

12 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 12:51 AM
    • Helsinki - Petrozavodsk

Petrozavodsk Feb 9, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Hello there!
      Is there any good buses / trains which go regularly between these cities? Night bus would be awesome!
      I want to come in July. I need to be at 16:30 at Petrozavodsk, since I will take a bus to Ladva at 16:30.

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • Hotel Help !!

Sochi Feb 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Anybody has canceled his/her trip to sochi between 19th Feb to 24th Feb in a 4 star hotel
      I would love to buy your hotel room out .

Or anybody help finding a 4 star hotel walking distance from the stadium ?

• Olympic Accommodations in Adler

Adler Feb 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM

I have a room in Adler from Feb. 16-Feb. 23, 2014 that I am looking to share with another female. There are two beds. I paid $300/night for the room and looking to offset my costs with a fellow traveler. Breakfast is included. Please contact me if interested.

• GIPA's Profile Photo

going to Bolgar , the ancient capital

Kazan' Feb 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Сэллам
      I am going to be spending 4 days in Kazan during the Easter holiday (mid April) and intend to visit Bolgar in one of them.
      Nevertheless it will happen in spring , I am quite sure Volga river won't thaw on time so I want to manage a bus.
      So , I would like to have informations about the availability of tickets and its times of departure. Considering Sunday and Monday as the possible days to the trip , which one should be better? (I suppose attractions won't be closed in Easter holiday...)
      Спасибо!!!!

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    • SimonP23's Profile Photo

Official vet to get a health certificate for my cat

Vladivostok Jan 30, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I will cross Russia using the transsiberian express train. I will arrive in Vladivostok from Japan and take a plane to France in Moscow. I will also be traveling with my cat. In order to enter France, she will need a health certificate issued by Russian sanitary authorities proving that she is vaccinated against the rabbies. Does anybody know where and how this can be done?

Big thanks to whoever has an answer!

7 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM