change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Renting 4x4/car and visiting the NPs in Kamchatka

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Nov 22, 2015 at 8:06 AM

We are planing visit to Kamchatka for two weeks, arriving from Vladivostok, and would like to rent 4x4/car to do so.. Now is there any place ( link)you can point me to where I can take a look what is on offer Or I have to go with organised tour/guide approved by the state? I am in the first stage of organising the trip, so I am looking into car rental, hotels/home stays and guides, with places which are MUST to visit while there. Many thanks!

5 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Flights to Japan

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Nov 22, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hallo peeps,
      I am planning trip to Russia on the transibirian, catching train from Helsinki via St Pete's to Moscow to Vladivostok, than I found flight from Vladivostock to Petropavlosk-Kamchatskiy and exploring Kamchatka for couple of weeks. From there we want to fly to Japan, Sapporo preferably and after spending week there, fly home.
      My plan looks good on paper but now I have a problem, it seems Aeroflot do not fly from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy to Japan.
      And anybody of you lovely peeps give me idea how I can get to Japan from Kamčatka ( plane, boat) without going back to Vladivostok or anywhere else?
      Many thanks!

14 Answers Nov 24, 2015 at 9:22 AM
    • Do i need a transit visa

Moscow Nov 20, 2015 at 3:57 PM

I'll be traveling from Los angeles to zurich via moscow (svo) my connecting flight is 3h55m and i need to transfer from terminal D to F and my return flight i stop over in moscow for 10 hours do i need a transit visa just to transfer from terminal D to F ?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 3:55 AM
    • How to get to Russia?

Moscow Nov 18, 2015 at 12:01 PM

I'm interested in traveling to Russia but have read you must be part of a tour. I have looked into tours and they are all really expensive. Is it true you have to be part of a tour to get into Russia and if so, where do you find cheap tours... just to get in?

10 Answers Nov 19, 2015 at 5:29 AM
    • EamyKhan's Profile Photo

How to extend visit visa in Russia

Russia Nov 14, 2015 at 1:27 AM

I want to ask how to extend visit visa in Russia for Pakistani Passport !!!
      Regards ,Mr Khan

7 Answers Nov 14, 2015 at 12:41 PM
    • ulista sulimova

Yekaterinburg Nov 12, 2015 at 1:22 AM

how to go to ulista sulimova from ekaterinburg air port by bus ?

1 Answer Nov 13, 2015 at 2:06 AM

Learn Russian language

Kaliningrad Nov 7, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Hi !I want to learn Russian language in Russia please tell me which university is best !I am from Pakistan and tell me how can I get admission that university?
      Regards ,
      Mr Khan

2 Answers Nov 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM

How can I get visa from Pakistan

Kaliningrad Nov 7, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Hi all !Please anyone tell me how can I get visa from Pakistan .i want to go there
      Thanks 
      Regards ,
      Mr Khan

1 Answer Nov 7, 2015 at 8:31 AM

How can I visa from Pakistan

Kaliningrad Nov 7, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Hi all !Please anyone tell me how can I get visa from Pakistan .i want to go there

1 Answer Nov 7, 2015 at 10:13 AM
    • i have torist russia visa of st petersburg and moscow than i want go to murmansk

Murmansk Nov 5, 2015 at 12:24 PM

i have torist russia visa of st petersburg and moscow than i want go to murmansk how

5 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 12:09 AM
    • st petersburg, russia

Saint Petersburg Nov 2, 2015 at 11:15 AM

first time visitor to st. petersburg russia. any guidance please.

8 Answers Nov 17, 2015 at 2:46 AM
    • Train distances?

Moscow Oct 25, 2015 at 10:47 AM

We recently traveled from our hometown Gouda in The Netherlands by train to Moscow, and from there by Trans-Siberian/Trans-Mongolian to Beijing. For our route to Moscow we would like to know the distance traveled. Our route has been: Gouda - Utrecht (NL) - Oberhausen (GER) - EuroNight train "Jan Kiepura" to Warsaw - Minsk - Moscow-Belorusskaya. We would appreciate if anyone could inform us about the distances traveled (or at least part of it). The distance from Moscow via Ulaanbaatar to Beijing is known to us thanks to the "Trans-Siberian Handbook". Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 10:27 AM
    • amjadsher's Profile Photo

A Pakistani Tourist

Kaliningrad Sep 30, 2015 at 3:21 AM

Hi all
      Hope you having good time
      I'm planning to visit Kaliningrad this November (2015) as Its the only time off for me from my office for a week. one of my colleagues adores kaliningrad a lot compelled me to visit. but I have few questions anyone here would answer?
      1) I'm an asian/Pakistani Brown skin guy, and honestly I ve been to many places around the world and found it bit weird to be in such place where people around you all are from a total different background stares you that annoy you and you do not enjoy your days off. so how's the local behavior towards brown skininned, single tourist on his own? (I'm really sorry if that sound offensive)
      I'm not a beach/club/pub/party kinda guy, rather trekking, landscapes, mountains, hiking alone, and discovering borders. So would it be easy to walk/trek alone in forests, mountains, fields, and wandering around the border area? having in mind that there are restricted areas for tourists. But I'd really love to visit and capture some snaps with the tri-point (lithuania-poland-and russia border.
      Thank you all in advance

10 Answers Oct 27, 2015 at 11:59 PM
    • student trip (nurses) to St. Petersburg

Saint Petersburg Sep 20, 2015 at 9:30 AM

We are a group around 50 Norwegian nursing students who wants to have a trip to St Petersburg next year. We are planning 6 nights there, with 3-4 days of studying. I therefore wonder if anyone know about relevant museums, organisations (within health/socialcare), suggestions for people who can teach us something relevant for nurses or for example about the Russian´s health care system. Please give me contact information if you have or a link.

Nursing students

9 Answers Nov 18, 2015 at 2:38 AM
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Hermitage and Catherine Palace

Saint Petersburg Sep 17, 2015 at 5:26 AM

I and my wife shall be in Saint Petersburg for two days on 22nd and 23rd Sept 2015.(i.e. next Tuesday and Wednesday). I understand we have no choice but to visit Hermitage on Tuesday and Catherine Palace on Wednesday. Please advice whether we should book online and travel or our own or take a conducted tour which appears pretty costly. We don't actually need a Guide as audio guides are sufficient and available in both places.We are unable to judge the crowd pressure in these two paces on these days and definitely do not want to miss this opportunity. Also I have only the 1pm on wards slot available on Tuesday for the Hermitage!

3 Answers Sep 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Lenin Mausoleum

Moscow Sep 13, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Is it Open on Sundays?

7 Answers Sep 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Red Square and Kremlin Area

Moscow Sep 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM

I am a little confused as to how to best utilize my time in the Red Square Kremlin area. I gather the must see places there are

1. St. Basil Church
      2. Lenin mausoleum
      3. Kremlin Armoury
      4. Diamond Fund
      5. Bell Tower
      6. Alexandria Garden
      7. State Historical Museum

Can all be covered in one day?. Any suggestions since it appears to be a pretty large area. Also tips on purchase of entry tickets.It shall be a weekend.

8 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Best Currency

Moscow Sep 10, 2015 at 6:01 AM

Which currency is best to carry in Russia?
      Please mention areas where credit or debit cards may not be accepted. Also which is best place to exchange money?

9 Answers Sep 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Metro Rail

Moscow Sep 6, 2015 at 5:49 AM

I understand that most of the signs on Moscow Metro are in Russian. What is the best way to go around for a person who speaks and understand only English?

13 Answers Sep 10, 2015 at 5:56 AM
    • AjayG's Profile Photo

Do I need to show 1 lakh Indian Rupees in my bank account for Russian Visa?

Russia Sep 5, 2015 at 9:34 PM

I am planning to go to Russia soon. I am an Indian and live in India. I visited Singapore last year for a month. My travel agency told me that I need to show 1 lakh Indian Rupees in my bank, do you think she is lying or telling the truth? I think she is lying.
      Please let me know, whosoever knows about it.

13 Answers Sep 15, 2015 at 5:39 PM
    • Travel to China

China Aug 30, 2015 at 7:21 PM

I want to travel to China, but my Chinese mandarin is very poor, can you give me advance!

2 Answers Aug 30, 2015 at 9:00 PM
    • Travel to China

China Aug 30, 2015 at 7:21 PM

I want to travel to China, but my Chinese mandarin is very poor, can you give me advance!

3 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 5:49 AM
    • Moscow in September

Moscow Aug 22, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Hi everybody! I and my sister are going to Moscow next month. Please, advise where to go and what to do in Moscow in September?

Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 6:39 AM
    • Buying a fur in Moscow

Moscow Aug 17, 2015 at 10:47 AM

I will be taking a river cruise in September 2015 and I would like to buy a fur coat. I am interested in a full or 3/4 length karakul or Persian lamb. Tailoring is important to me as well as quality fur. Do you recommend a reliable merchant and what should I be willing to pay?

6 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 6:40 AM
    • Russian language school in St Petersburg

Saint Petersburg Aug 17, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Will be visiting in September and wish to attend a few classes.
      Thank you

8 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM
    • Good snow boots for walking around the city

Moscow Aug 13, 2015 at 4:28 AM

I'm going to Moscow for the first time next year in February and need some cold weather, walking on icy streets, snow boots. I'm unsure whether I should buy boots there or try and get something here at home. I live in Australia and there isn't much need for these type of boots, so the selection isn't great. Does anyone have any suggestions where would be the best place to buy them. This is the first leg of my trip so don't want to blow the budget at the start.
      Thanks AngieBeachBum

5 Answers Oct 23, 2015 at 6:01 PM
    • Watching football in Moscow

Moscow Aug 10, 2015 at 2:52 PM

I am visiting Moscow at the end of August, and am interested in attending a football match while there. CSKA are at home to Anzhi on the Saturday night I am there; and Lokomotiv are at home to Krasnodar on the Sunday lunchtime. Russian football gets a lot of negative publicity here in the UK due to crowd trouble and racism - is it safe for foreign tourists to visit these matches? Which would be better? And which section of the stadium would be best/safest?

3 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 9:04 AM
    • Are the canals of St. Petersburg safe to walk on.

Russia Aug 3, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I have seen vehicles driving on the canals of St. Petersburg in old paintings (e_g My question is are they safe to walk on, & if so, is it safe to use lightweight vehicles (i.e. not a car but lighter than a small car)? Are there any legal restrictions?

4 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 11:40 AM
    • Travel from Volgograd to Astrahkan by boat or ferry

Volgograd Jul 29, 2015 at 10:27 AM

hello friends,
      does anyone know if there is a ferry from volgograd to astrakhan on volga river?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 10:57 AM
    • Skillsbus's Profile Photo

August 2015

Saint Petersburg Jul 28, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Hi I will be in Spb late August. Are there any exhibitions, parades or new attractions to visit this year. I have been many times so I am only looking for new things to do and see !!

8 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 11:49 AM