Russia Travel Answers

change location
jlfloyd's Profile Photo

Kazan a stop on Trans Siberian railway?

by jlfloyd Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I see that on many travel website Kazan is listed as a good place to stop in the tabs Siberian route. But on maps and timelines there is no mention of Kazan. Is it on the route? How do I get there if I am taking the Moscow to Beijing route? Id like to stop and see yekateribburg and Irkutsk and lake Baikal as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Kazan a stop on Trans Siberian railway?

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Which trans-Siberian route are you interested in. Look at seat61 website. You will need to take another train to do the detour and then at a later date, recatch the trans-Siberian. People I know have visited all these places on their way to Mongolia and Beijing.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bugulma's Profile Photo

by bugulma Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM

just checked the railway site, yes, Moscow-Bejing or Moscow-Vladivostok trains haven't a stop in Kazan'
    but if you keep in mind several stops on your way, maybe it could be better to have trains that connect the places you're interested in? At least there are a lot of trains Moscow-Kazan' per day! Then, there are at least 2 trains per day Kazan'-Ekaterinburg and then from Ekaterinburg you're on Siberian route again :-)

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I wasn't very clear - what you have to do is take the trans-Siberian to a point where you can catch another train which will take you to the places that interest you. Then you will have to re-catch, at a later date, a train that will link you to the Moscow-Beijing train. As these trains don't run every day, you will have to plan your itinerary so you are not caught on the station twiddling your thumbs.....

• Liudmila14's Profile Photo

by Liudmila14 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Hi. I live in Moscow and I can prompt to you. In Moscow there is a Railroad which is called Kazansky. There you can buy the ticket to Kazan and other cities of this direction. The Kazan- Railroad is located at the address: Komsomolskaya Square house 2 (subway Komsomolskaya)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Russia Travel Answer Locations