change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pottserelli's Profile Photo

Chichen Itza necklace cartouch

by Pottserelli Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I purchased a silver cartouche with my initials in Mayan glyphs at a government store near Chichen Itza. Needless to say, I lost it. What is the name of the store and can I order a replacement online? Thanks.

• Walking to Ik Kil

by wangari7 Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Is it possible to walk from chichen itza to the blue Ik Kil cetone? Im going on a cruise and tour bus only takes us to chichen itza.

1 Answer Sep 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    • From Mexico City to Chichén-Itzá

by Hattric Online Now Jan 3, 2011 at 12:42 PM

It is possible get from Mexico City to Chichén-Itzá ? If yes please tell me how...

8 Answers Jan 16, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    • northvan's Profile Photo

Winter solstice in Chichen-Itza

by northvan Online Now Nov 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Hello,
      We plan to visit Chichen-Itza on Dec21,2010. Is there any ceremony to mark winter Solstice on piramid's grounds (or anywhere around)?
      Could anyone recomend priviate tour-guide (We were lucky in Tulum last year to find amazing priviate guide with Mayan backround!).
      Thank you in advance!

1 Answer Nov 8, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    • Share tour Jan 25, 26, (24) archeological guide

by dockcarol Online Now Jan 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Hi
      I'm interested in sharing a tour. I'm going to be at Chichen Itza Jan 25,36.

Also, does anyone know a good archeological guide for the ruins

many thanks,

Carol

2 Answers Jan 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    • wilocrek's Profile Photo

Best way to get from Chichen Itza to Uxmal

by wilocrek Online Now Apr 1, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I'm planning on driving from Chichen Itza to Uxmal. What is the best and fastest way to get there? I have a basic map that shows roads that veer off from 180 but they are unmarked and seem to connect with different villages but it would seem to get to Uxmal without having to backtrack. Or would the fastest way be to drive to Merida and then from there to Uxmal and if that is the fastest way what would the directions be for that. Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Apr 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Two days there... too much?

by carloarg02 Online Now Feb 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Hi there,

I have a full day in Chichen Itza (Piste based) and then my bus to Cancun is at 4pm the next day so I pretty much have two days in the area. Anything do to in the area besides the ruins? Are the ruins worth two days? Only bus I see on Sunday from Chichen Itza (or Piste) to Cancun is at 4pm :(

Tengo un dia entero en Chichen Itza (mi hotel esta en Piste) y despues mi autobus para Cancun a las 4 de la tarde el dia siguiente, asi que tengo casi 2 dias en el area. Hay otras cosas para ver por ahi ademas de las ruinas? O las ruinas valdrian la pena dos dias o es demasiado? El unico autobus los domingos de Piste o CHichen Itza a Cancun es a las 4 de la tarde :(

Gracias! THanks!

4 Answers Feb 23, 2009 at 1:09 PM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Bus from Palenque to Chichen Itza? Autobus desde Palenque a Chichen Itza?

by carloarg02 Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Hello,

Estoy tratando de ir desde Palenque a Chichen Itza por autobus nocturno. Estuve buscando en http://www.ticketbus.com.mx pero no veo ninguna manera directa de llegar. Hay un autobus desde Palenque a Merida, y despues tendria que tomarme otro de Merida a Chichen Itza, pero no es muy conveniente que digamos. ?Que me recomiendan? Mil gracias?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get from Palenque to Chichen Itza by overnight bus. It doesn't look like http://www.ticketbus.com.mx has any way of getting there directly. It looks like I could take an overnight bus Palenque/Merida and then take a super-early bus Merida-Chichen Itza, but that's really inconvenient. There's an ADO leaving Palenque at 10pm getting to Merida at 6am, for example. Any better ideas?

Gracias / Thanks!

Carlos

• wilocrek's Profile Photo

Light and Sound Show Questions

by wilocrek Online Now Apr 21, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Last time I visited Chichen Itza they only did the light and sound show on Wednesdays, I just read on the mayaland website that they do it every night now. Can anyone confirm this is true? Secondly I plan on getting to Chichen Itza after five which is when the park closes, do they still allow you to pay to gain entrance for the light and sound show after five? Thanks in advance

5 Answers Apr 22, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    • g8agirl's Profile Photo

From Akumal to Chichen Itza

by g8agirl Online Now Mar 16, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Hello hello. Has anybody taken a private tour that they would recommend from Akumal to Chichen Itza? Please send along any website or information. Thanks so much and have a great day.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 3:17 PM
    • Leo2006's Profile Photo

Quiet and Inexpensive Hotels in Chichen Itza or Valladolid

by Leo2006 Online Now Nov 10, 2007 at 1:52 AM

Hi,

I want to stay in Chichen Itza overnight to see both night show and to spend a whole day on the ruines.
      As far as I see, there are three hotels close there. Villas Arquelogicas is booked out, two others are very expensive. Which unexpensive and QUIET (without traffic noise) hotels are available close at Chichen Itza? Or do I need to stay at Valladolid? Which hotels are good and quiet at Valladolid? How much it costs to go there (from and to ruines) on taxi?

Leo

2 Answers Nov 10, 2007 at 4:41 PM
    • chichen itza to grutas de loltun

by KevinRKaiser Online Now Aug 18, 2007 at 9:47 AM

If I take a bus from Merida to the Grutas de Loltun, is it then possible to take a bus from the grutas to Uxmal and subsequently return to Merida by bus?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2007 at 8:38 AM
    • TrvlnGrrl's Profile Photo

Getting There????

by TrvlnGrrl Online Now Jun 11, 2007 at 9:07 PM

Hi! Just wondering if its possible and how to get there by bus? We are planning on going to cancun, playa del carmen and Tulum so we could leave from which ever one is easier? If we stay at one of the hotels near the site...do most have shuttles or taxis to get to it? or should we stay at one right near..so we don not have to worry about it? any info would be great! thanks

4 Answers Jun 15, 2007 at 5:52 PM
    • Chichen itza in Oct/Nov

by pip1983 Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 12:12 PM

I am thinking of visiting cancun or riviera maya in Oct/Nov this year. Does anyone know if tours to chichen itza and the other historic sites run all year round? Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 12, 2007 at 1:00 PM
    • Xalapa to Chichen-Itza

by suerosendale Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 7:51 AM

I'll be staying in Xalapa, Veracruz for about 4 months (study abroad) and I'm wondering if it would even be feasible to attempt to get from Xalapa to Chichen Itza. Are there buses that go from to and from? How long would the ride be (days?)? And how expensive?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 21, 2006 at 9:24 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

When to go?

by ohaiyo Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 4:07 PM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to visit the Mayan ruins in the Yucatan and Guatamala next year.

I am wondering when is the best time to go as to avoid the hurricane season.

4 Answers Oct 25, 2006 at 2:20 PM
    • stjohnny's Profile Photo

Autumn Equinox

by stjohnny Online Now Sep 3, 2006 at 2:20 PM

Does this day fall on the same day for the shadow serpent in Chichen Itza? (Sept 21st?)

2 Answers Sep 8, 2006 at 3:43 PM
    • iseelu's Profile Photo

chichen - itza

by iseelu Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 4:01 AM

hi,me and my family are staying in playacar ( hotel viva wyndham azteca )in october and we would like to visit chichen - itza.Could anyone tell me what would be the cheapest way to get there? and also how long would the jouney be ?
      also if anyone knows if the water park is any good.We have 2 kids aged 7 and 4 and would appreciate any advice on good days out ?
      thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2006 at 7:29 PM
    • Getting to Chichen Itza by bus from Cancun

by mitmorr Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 11:29 AM

Hello--

We will be flying into Cancun in November and want to take a bus directly to Chichen Itza. We don't want to stay in Cancun, but rather go straight to the Yucatan Mayan ruins by bus. How best to accomplish this upon landing in Cancun? What luxury or deluxe buses run service from Cancun to Chichen Itza? Renting a car is not an option, so buses only. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Aug 20, 2006 at 2:18 PM
    • Climbing El Castillo

by ez072489 Online Now Jul 20, 2006 at 9:44 PM

My family is taking a trip to the yucatan in 8/2006. We were excited about visiting chichen-itza but heard a rumor that people can no longer climb the pyramid. Is this true?

4 Answers Jan 10, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    • altfineart's Profile Photo

Visiting the ruins in June/July

by altfineart Online Now May 5, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Has anyone here ever visited the ruins (CHichen Itza, Uxmal, Tulum, Coba)in late June early July? What will the weather be like? Hot I am sure, but I am from Florida so am wondering if it will be about the same temps?
      I know its the start of their rainy season but once again is it like Florida where it rains once a day for an hour maybe less then clears up again or does it rain all day long?
      Also should I be worried about mosquitoes? Are there lots of them, etc.
      Thanks for your help.
      Terry

5 Answers May 25, 2006 at 2:50 PM
    • Mayan Sites

by JGOS04 Online Now Mar 21, 2006 at 9:28 AM

I am in Playa del Carmen at the moment and will be travelling overland for the next month south to Belieze and into Guatemala before returning back to Mexico City.

I was thinking about going to visit the temples at Chichen Itza. However I have been told that I would be better off waiting and seeing other sites in Mexico and Guatemala.

Ywoyuld love to get some advice from those in the know.

Thanks

6 Answers Apr 8, 2006 at 5:05 PM
    • amybear's Profile Photo

Drive time to Chichen-Itza

by amybear Online Now Jan 16, 2005 at 9:24 AM

I am planning a trip to Mexico in May, and will be staying in the area around Puerto Aventuras. My question is, how long is the drive to get to the ruins of Chichen-Itza? I've heard it can take up to 3 hours! Is this true? I would be going with a day-tour group that would drive me there. Has anyone had experience with this sort of day tour? Forgive me,,,but I need to ask a practical question...if it takes that long,,do most tours make stops for "bladder relief"? ..I like to know about these sort of things ahead of time:).. Any advice, experience or thoughts on this tour... Thanks, Amy

4 Answers May 29, 2006 at 2:00 AM
    • Whats the best way?

by Craven05 Online Now Aug 15, 2004 at 6:16 AM

Whats the best way to get to the ruins? Flying to which major city? Like Cancun, Merida?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2004 at 4:34 PM