Rovinj Travel Answers

change location

Travel from Germany to Rovinj, Croatia

by bunnykins0 Online Now Dec 26, 2011 at 10:00 PM

My husband and I would like to spend a week or so in Rovinj. Previously, we spent only a day there with a tour group, but would like to return for a more relaxed stay. We must travel by bus or train and have no idea how to do this. If you are willing to make some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Our beginning point would be Fulda, Germany.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • nani80's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Germany to Rovinj, Croatia

by nani80 Online Now Dec 26, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Hi, I suppose the best option would be to take the train (it's easier to travel by train on such long directions, although it takes longer than by bus). I suppose you'd have to take the train from Fulda to Munich, than another train from Munich to Rijeka. As you can't go further than Rijeka by train, you'll have to take bus from there (Rijeka-Rovinj takes 2-3 hours, around 15EUR oneway).
    You can check train timetables here:
    bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index....
    Bus Rijeka-Rovinj:
    autotrans.hr/index.php?c=tim...
    or here:
    autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/ti...

Or, you can take the bus Munich-Rijeka. I'm sure there are other companies that do the same route, but I'm sure about Autotrans. Again, check here:
    autotrans.hr/index.php?c=tim...

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Natasa

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Travel from Germany to Rovinj, Croatia

by bunnykins0 Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Thanks, Natasa. I know it's a long trip, but we really love the area and will definitely make the effort. Many thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines