Rovaniemi Travel Answers

change location
orca1's Profile Photo

Rent a seakayak in Rovaniemi

by orca1 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Hi everybody I would like to rent a seakayak , a car where i can put the kayak on the roof, for 10 days. Does someone can give me direcciones, where I can get this in Rovaniemi.? Sincerely Andrea Ruettimann

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Rent a seakayak in Rovaniemi

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 5:09 AM

Where you are going to use the kayak (and when)? Could you give some more datails, e.g are your flying to Rovaniemi (need a rent car from airport), where you go (you might to take the kayak from some other place than Rovaniemi). And you mean kayak suitable for sea, not lake or river?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Here is one provider, I have two others also, but the pages are in Finnish. tulikipina.fi/index.php?page...">tulikipina.fi/index.php?page...

There are at least Europcar and Scandiarent rental offices in the airport (need to check the equipment to place kayak to car, at least those are not included to normal rental).

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM

My husband works at scandiarent at the moment, and he belives they do have those cars (but maybe needed to order that to airport, he delivers cars at Tampere airport by order). I first red "SEALkayak" , and thought what on earth are you going to do. I found this: http://www.hurmagroup.fi/en/hurma-group In Finnish pages it tells about kayak renting in Rovanimei, but they don´t say anything about sea kayak. I only found sea kayaks for sale. If you are going by the sea, you might need to check that renting at the seaside. You didn´t say in where you are going to sea.

• orca1's Profile Photo

by orca1 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Dear Turska Seakayak we use in Switzerland. Also there is no sea. ..... Seakayak is nearly 5 or 6 meters long, you can put your stuff in the back of the kayak, like sleeping bag, also gas to cook etc. In front the kayak it has steering system. Now you need a paddlle , life west, a baseball cap , sunglasses and then when your are good trained , you can 40 km paddle. Dont forget a camera, to take some nice fotos. Now you know, how it works, . Smile But thank you for the answer. Have a nice day. Hei hei Turska

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Yep, you can paddle with seakayak in where ever, but the word Rovaniemi was interesting, that's why I asked about where are your targeting. You know, there are a lot of different types and e.g. lakekayaks are similar, there are places for your stuff, they are shorter making them better in lake or river areas. There are multiple river choices around Rovaniemi and if you are going to rivers, seakayak is too clumsy, right. When part is important also, at least in these days when all our lakes and rivers are frozen :), but you knew that, right.

• orca1's Profile Photo

by orca1 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Dear akkipaa Thank you verry much for tose answers. Rovaniemi in Finland. I love that place. I had a tour with a guide and he drives over frozen lakes. Then I thougt , that would be nice , in summertime to paddle.

• orca1's Profile Photo

by orca1 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Does you now a musician names MARIE BOINE? Akkippa

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Not well but I know her.

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 4:51 AM

I know nothing about kayaks ;o) I just googled some info in Finnish, and that page had kayak renting in Rovaniemi. You could ask them by e-mail, if they do have many different kinds of kayaks, maybe those big ones akkipaa mentioned. I´m sure he understands much more about those things! I´ve been to Rovaniemi, but have not been even on a boat there, not to mention kayak, witch I have never used! Not "my cup of tea" ;o)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines