Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Private tour&car from Rouen to Normandy Beach

by emador24 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM

how do I book car and guide to travel to Normandy beach

3 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM
    • How widely is English spoken?

by oje300 Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM

How widely is English spoken in Rouen? I studied french for 7 years and I went to Paris a few years ago and was amazed that I retained basically all of the french I learned. So I am looking to go back to France and visit a place where English is not so common. Thank You.

13 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • shopping in rouen

by aditisharma3388 Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 4:06 AM

what is the best thing to buy in rouen?

13 Answers 15 hours ago
    • Ferry from Paris to Rouen

by Janetcutting Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Hi, Is it possible to travel by ferry from Paris to Rouen ??
      Thanks,
      Janet Cutting

8 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 5:33 AM
    • Best Route

by LindaBromfield Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 7:21 AM

What is the best route to take via Eurostar to reach Rouen
      Thanks

4 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    • Music and Dance

by tee-one Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I am going to study in Rouen for a semester and we are each supposed to do a research on any aspect of Rouen. I want to do music/ or dance or a combination of both. Do you know how fertile Rouen is for such a research? If it is what type of music or dance can I narrow this to? Is is just contemporary, are there people basking on the street etc.

Thanks a lot!

11 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    • interesting for kids

by awanda Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I am going to spend two days in Rouen with 4 year old. What may interested him? Any ideas?

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 2:47 AM
    • Transportation between Rouen and Le Havre

by janeharriet Online Now May 28, 2013 at 5:08 AM

I will be on a cruise in September stopping at Le Havre. We want to go to Rouen for the day. The train works in the morning to get us into Rouen, but the return train trips on the schedule are either too early or too late. Is there a mid afternoon train or bus from Rouen to le Havre around 3:00P.M. (15:00) ? Would a taxi be an option for us? How much would that cost ? Are there Private car services that would make the trip? Any contact information regarding this would be appreciated. Thanks janeharriet

6 Answers May 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    • Viking River Cruises

by Almelanson Online Now May 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM

What pier does Viking use in Ruan?

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    • Rouen cathedral light show

by kanevsky Online Now May 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM

We are going to be in Amiens in the beginning of Jun and we'd like to visit Rouen to see cathedral light show. Could somebody tell me at what time it will start and how long will it go. And where we'll be able to park a car at Saturday night?

4 Answers May 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    • gui19660's Profile Photo

Public Transport

by gui19660 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I need to travel from Rouen in the early hours to Dieppe ferry terminal. What's the best and cheapest option available?

8 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    • Mobleydcat's Profile Photo

Getting Around Rouen

by Mobleydcat Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I've been trying to find a map or a guidebook for Rouen and I can't find any. I have only few hours to spare when I visit Rouen and given this limitation I think I can only see the Cathedral and perhaps where where Joan of Arc was burned. My question is how far is the train station to Cathedral (I am coming from Paris), is it walkable or do I have to take a taxi.

TIA.

9 Answers Feb 12, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Normandy beach tours

by fstephenson Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Does any company run Normandy D day beach tours from Rouen?

4 Answers Jun 24, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    • Accomodation

by mich70700 Online Now May 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Can anyone recommend a small hotel or b +b in or around Rouen - something good but not too pricey

2 Answers May 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    • train or bus

by sue50plus Online Now May 2, 2011 at 2:59 AM

I need to travel from Hornfluer to Rouen in France. Is there a train service direct or should I travel by bus?

1 Answer May 2, 2011 at 4:15 AM
    • train station lockers

by albev Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM

i will be spending 6 hrs in Rouen and would like to store baggage between train journeys so I can explore the city. Are there lockers at the station, or any other ideas?
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 21, 2011 at 2:30 AM
    • Rouen to Yepres (Iepes) in Belgium

by Mel&Dave Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Can anyone advise the best way to get from Rouen in Normandy area of France by train or bus to Ypres in Belgium ? We are traveling in September this year. Is it really necessary to go back to Paris to get a train north through Lille and then find something that goes to Ypres from Lille?
      Mel@Dave

2 Answers Apr 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM
    • visiting Rouen

by kinnersmum Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 4:29 AM

We are doing a day trip by train from Paris and want to know what is best way to get from Rouen station to Bois Guillaume cemetery--Taxi or bus?
      Also can we stop off at Vernon (giverny) on return trip using the same rail ticket
      -we have accommodation in Paris so won't be staying overnight just visiting

2 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    • Travelling from London, England to St. Sever Cemetery, Rouen

by elainespurrell Online Now Feb 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM

I am planning a trip to the UK and would like to visit St. Sever Cemetery in Rouen to see the grave of a relative who died during World War I. Since I am not familiar with any of these areas, what would be the easiest way for me to get there? Also, would I need to saty overnight? Any suggestions for lodging...close to the train station?

3 Answers Feb 22, 2011 at 2:55 PM
    • best day of week to visit

by mishgrl Online Now Feb 19, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Hello:

We are planning to make a day trip to Rouen from Paris and wanted to know if Tuesday is a good day. Are most shops open? What about any fun outdoor market places? If Tues. it not good, then what day is? What about Sunday? Are shops open? We will be coming in early March. Thank you.

3 Answers Feb 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    • Travel from Deville les Rouen to Paris

by Stanzi Online Now Sep 27, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I will be staying in Deville les Rouen for a few days in October, and am trying to find out if there is a train to Paris for a day trip. When I try to search, everything comes up as Rouen. Surely Deville must have a train station? If not, how hard is it to get from Deville to Rouen to get the train to Paris? I will not have a car. Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    • transport to Rouen

by BabliSharma Online Now Sep 4, 2010 at 4:20 AM

We have planned to visit Rouen on Wednesday 8th September for the day and have been informed about the railway strike in France. I would like to know if the trains to Rouen are affected by this strike and if so what are the alternative ways to travel to Rouen?
      Thank you. Babli Sharma

1 Answer Sep 4, 2010 at 5:09 AM
    • margotmillefleurs

by Margotmillefleurs Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 2:56 AM

How easy is it to get from the coach station in Rouen to the train station
      at
      0500 hrs on a week-day morning, for an elderly lady with luggage?
      Any special tips or advice?
      Thanks Margot.

1 Answer Aug 23, 2010 at 4:08 AM
    • Travel from Rouen to La Bouille by Metro / Bus

by Geoff39 Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Can anyone tell me how I can get from Rouen to La Bouille by Metro / Bus in mid September and where I can find a timetable for this trip.
      Thanks
      Geoff

7 Answers Aug 18, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    • junkbabe's Profile Photo

If you could only visit one, Rouen or Chartres?

by junkbabe Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Hi, I am taking my 18 year old niece to Paris for 10 days but want to take a day trip to either Rouen or Chartres. Which would you chose if you could only go to one city? Thanks, in advance, for your replys.

4 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    • joshzd1's Profile Photo

St Joan of Arc Festival and the Gare de Rouen Rive Droite

by joshzd1 Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 4:49 AM

I have two questions. The first is about Gare de Rouen Rive Droite. I haven't really investigated this deeply but is this Gare the train station that sits to the north of old town Rouen? I found it on a map at the following website, and suspected it was the train station I had read about in other travel forums based on their descriptions of Rouen's layout.
      rouentourisme.com/Default.as...

The second question is about the St. Joan of Arc Festival. We'll be in Rouen on May 28th, a Friday, and if I read correctly, we will miss the festival by one day. Is this correct, or will we still get to enjoy at least the start of the festival on the 28th?

Thank you

3 Answers Apr 3, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

trains from lille to rouen

by PhillyJohn Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Hi again,

I last asked about this 2 years ago. At the time I wanted to go from Belgium to Normandy, but things did not work out then. Once again I am considering the daunting (to me) effort of traveling in France. Back then I found a few routes to Rouen from Lille that did NOT go through Paris. Now I am finding none. Is it impossible to go anywhere in France without going through the local Paris transport? If they insist on routing everything through Paris, why don't they connect the stations? I would like to visit Paris, but not this way.

8 Answers Mar 29, 2010 at 10:40 PM
    • patsouthwood's Profile Photo

Contemporary Craft Associations in Rouen?

by patsouthwood Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Hallo. I am a member of NCCS. Norfolk Contemporary Craft Society, and I am based in Norwich. I was wondwering if there was a similar organisation in our twin town of Rouen?

1 Answer Dec 17, 2009 at 2:12 PM
    • Looking for name of a shop

by lynzbrad Online Now Aug 3, 2009 at 3:13 AM

I was in Rouen on Saturday and went into a great shop with lovely kitchen ware, gifts etc and now hoping to find it on the internet, can anyone help me with a name? If you are standing in front of the cathedral looking down towards Printemps it was on a street leading of the street Printemps is on to the right? Possibly a street going off near the Yves Rocher shop? Can't remember exactly! In the window on Saturday it had toadstool stools and huge tulip and daisy flowers?
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 3, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    • Travelling from London, England to Rouen

by Skisic Online Now Jun 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I am inquiring about the cheapest, fastest and easiest way to Travel from London England to Rouen. Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot,
      Steve

2 Answers Jun 29, 2009 at 11:42 AM