Rouen Travel Answers

change location
gui19660's Profile Photo

Public Transport

by gui19660 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I need to travel from Rouen in the early hours to Dieppe ferry terminal. What's the best and cheapest option available?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Public Transport

by ATLC Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM

The earliest train is at 6.20 am and would cost just under 10 GBP.

http://www.voyages-sncf.co.uk/ (it's the UK version of the French railwebsite).

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gui19660's Profile Photo

by gui19660 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Thanks ATLC for your reply :) however that time is too late for me and my group of 7 in total! A bit more info then, i have to make the 5.30 am ferry from Dieppe back to Newhaven on the morning of the 8th April 2013. I have spoken via phone to the hotel and they say that the last trains would be the night before around 10.15/10.30 pm give or take which would leave us waiting 6.5 to 7 hours for the ferry which we;re not to keen about. The other option is Taxis but again were told they only have 5 seaters??? I thought a town as exuberant as Rouen would have some larger taxis or even small minibuses to accommodate groups of travellers so there's our problem. Hope there is a good solution out there. Thanks

Be the first to rate this answer!

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Hi there. Although I've been to Rouen 3 times, I can't help you further. I've looked at the VT members that live in Rouen but none of them has logged in lately. You might like to ask gwened: "Unesco World Heritage area" - gwened's Profile who lives in the area.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

If he doesn't answer soon, VT-mail Paul who also lives there and is very good with public transportation. "Welcome to my pages." - pfsmalo's Profile

Just go to his Home Page (link above) and click on message. He'll probably answer this soon.

Good luck.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM

LOL, I didn't realise Paul (pfsmalo) lived in Bretagne. Though I should've known ;-)

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM

yeah all those transplanted bretons lol!!! thanks for the mention. pfsmalo is more into public transport than i, my car is my second home. the trip from Rouen to Dieppe is about 45 minutes,but the public transport is not as good there, as the orig poster already find out. The time is too early for been there, unless stay in hotel in dieppe night before than there is a navette bus to the port from city center, train station, etc. you will have to find some private taxi transport to do it; this one is reliable

http://www.navette-taxi76.fr/page9.html

and these are the taxis at Rouen,

http://taxi24.fr/rouen-76000/

hope it helps

• gui19660's Profile Photo

by gui19660 Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Thank you gwened for your reply. We,ve searched high and low and at the moment we,ve managed to arrange a Taxi leaving at 3.30am from the hotel straight to Dieppe ferry terminal for 170 euros.

Naturally when we arrive on Friday afternoon we will set to work trying to get a cheaper cab for the Monday morning otherwise it's 170 euros it is.

Thanks.
    Guy

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM

yep unfortunately public transport in thse parts is not good. And when there are two different departments even less. Good luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines