Rotterdam

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bike hire in Leiden

Leiden Apr 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Where is the best place to hire bikes,about 8, for 3 days from 20-22 May?

How much and what deposit?

more
    • bus 858 schedule

Keukenhof Apr 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM

When does the last Keukenhof Express 858 bus leave the gardens to go back to the airport?

more
    • Combi Ticket

Keukenhof Mar 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I plan to visit Keukenhof before I go to Bruges, Belgium. I will be landing at AMS and plan to take the Keukenhof Express Bus from Schiphol.

Adults: from Schiphol Airport/Leiden Central station/Haarlem € 23,00

Can I use the Combi Ticket to travel from Schiphol (number 858 bus) and then go to Leiden Central (number 854 bus) instead?

more
    • cost effective transportation from AMS to Keukenhof?

Keukenhof Apr 7, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hi, I see the cost on viator for the Keukenhof is much more than the price of admission. Is there a more cost effective way to transport from the city of AMS to the flower show? It shows tickets are pretty low (15) but the transportation via viator is around $64.THANKS!

more
    • jill92's Profile Photo

Bus from Rotterdam to Amsterdam

by jill92 Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Is there a bus service between these cities? I know there is a good train service but am looking for a cheaper option.
      Thank you.

14 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • Dog friendly?

by gmbatty Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Are there any bars / restaurants (preferably near the Station) that are Dog Friendly? We are stopping over there for a few hours tomorrow, and have our dog with us.

thanks

3 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • BerendRdam's Profile Photo

Just curious!

by BerendRdam Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I'm living in Rotterdam all my life (19 years so far) and the last few years I see a lot more tourists in my city. Most of the time tourists go to Amsterdam and don't have one kind word for Rotterdam or they don't even know the city exists.
      My question is:
      -Have you ever been to Rotterdam and what did you like or didn't like?
      -No I've never been to Rotterdam and will you ever visit Rotterdam?

15 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    • Is there a story about the statue "Jackass"?

by dsecard Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Saw the Assmann statue "Jackass" on a recent trip. Fascinates me. Did some searching and found the artist's site. His site advises this was a commissioned piece, in 1998, for the "voormlige Regentesse Bridge". Through the Internet magic, I found several photos of that bridge but the Jackass statue is not seen, perhaps because it is currently in Gouda (?) There is no signage to indicate its meaning or the artist. Is there a story about this work and its location? I'd guess it would have been somewhat controversial.

Any info would be appreciated.
      dsecard@roadrunner.com

9 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    • GladToGoRose's Profile Photo

Only one afternoon

by GladToGoRose Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I am taking a river cruise and our ship will be in Rotterdam only for one afternoon. Can you please suggest the best way to spend my time. I'd like to see as much of the city as possible and experience some of the food as well. If you could suggest the order in which to see the city and perhaps some of the "off the beaten path" places, it would be a big help.

Thank you in advance, I am really looking forward to seeing your beautiful country.

5 Answers May 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • tobacco shops

by kenny1234 Online Now Nov 19, 2012 at 4:38 AM

were can i find a cheap tobacco shop in rotterdam and urk

5 Answers Nov 22, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    • Amsterdam Rotterdam Dan hang in a daily tour

by Amalefkas Online Now Nov 18, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I will be in Amsterdam from 30th December til 3 January. I would like to go for a daily tour to Rotterdam and den hang. Could you give me information about this?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    • Rotterdam airport to Europort Ferry Dock

by callumsmam Online Now Oct 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I am flying into Rotterdam Airport and need to get to the Europort Ferry Dock for a ferry back to Hull, can anyone tell me if there is a train, shuttle or bus service? Thanks

2 Answers Feb 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    • Living in Rotterdam

by Klo-tour Online Now May 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Hi everybody.

I will follow my PhD in Rotterdam at Erasmus MC.
      It's first time I visit Netherlands and I will appreciate some advices as well.

Also, I would like if someone suggest me a home/apartment for rent to be in safe area and near to Erasmus MC, and how much is living costly out there?

Thanks
      K.L

2 Answers Feb 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    • Rotterdam Centraal info needed

by JeffreyLMeyer Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I am arriving Rotterdam Centraal from Amsterdam on Highspeed Rail and have two minutes to make my connection to the IC train going to Rotterdam Blaak. How am I going to do this?

4 Answers Jul 23, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    • EasyMalc's Profile Photo

Any members in Rotterdam able to spend an hour of their time?

by EasyMalc Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I will be visiting Rotterdam between April 29th and May 6th. I'll be travelling alone and wonder if any Rotterdam members would care to meet up for an hour or so over a drink to give me some inside tips about their city and surrounding area.

5 Answers Mar 9, 2012 at 4:55 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Budget place to live en Rotterdam?

by Dee22 Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Hi VT'ers!

I need helo finding cheap accomodation in Rotterdam, as I'll be Interrailing around Europe, beginning this weekend. I plan to arrive in Rotterdam (from Amsterdam) this Sunday 26th, and stay for two nights. Anyone who has suggestions for centrally located and cheap accomodation.. 1-person private or possibly a dorm?

I appreciate your suggestions.. also maybe on what to do/see in only two days in the city, as I haven't visited before?

Best regards,

Brian

3 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    • OV chip card

by traveld Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Can the unlimited 1 day travel OV chip card be used on transportation between Rotterdam and Kinderdijk and Rotterdam and Delft?

9 Answers Feb 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    • information for student at Erasmus -

by cdnmom Online Now Jan 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM

My daughter is studying for a semester at Erasmus university. she is living on Adriaan kliutstraat and only has stove top burners in her apartment (no oven) any suggestions where she could buy a used microwave? Also, any suggestions for local reasonably priced placed to eat and buy groceries (chicken, fish) Thanks

7 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    • Advise For a visit to Rotterdam

by ndeetan Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Hi All,

I am planning to bring my family to visit Amsterdam and at the same time planning to make a day trip to Rotterdam. What are the advices can share with me for such 1 day trip?

1) Within 1 day, what are places should i visit in Rotterdam?
      2) Travelling tips from Amsterdam to Rotterdam.

TQ

4 Answers Oct 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    • Journey Amsterdam-Den Haag- Rotterdam

by joanamopa Online Now Jun 14, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Hi!

We are going to stay at Amsterdam near Amstel station. We would like to visit Den Haag and Rotterdam in the same day.

We have seen on the NS web the possibility to go from Amsterdam Amstel to Rotterdam passing Den Haag (single ticket: 14,20 eur).
      We would like to know if we purchase this ticket, if it is possible to get out the tren station to see Den Haag during 5 hours and come back to the train station, use the previous ticket to continue to Rotterdam without paying anything and then visit Rotterdam until night and then buy another ticket to come back Amsterdam.

Please inform us about this because we are confused.

By the way, Tourist Office always inform us about the journeys (from Schiphol to Amsterdam, to go to Rotterdam, to go to Den Haag) starting at Central Station but we have seen on the web that from Amstel station there are the same possibilities. Are we wrong?

Thank you.

13 Answers Feb 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    • Surjit's Profile Photo

Things to do in ONE DAY

by Surjit Online Now May 28, 2011 at 4:20 AM

Hi. My nephew is in Amsterdam and wants to do some sight-seeing in Rotterdam. We wants to come to Rotterdam in the morning and go back at night. I have suggested that the see the following
      1. The windmills in Schiedam/Chocolate Factory/ Jenever Museum
      2. The Euromast
      3. The Pencil Building and cubic houses
      4. Ferry to Dordrecht

What time should he come into Rotterdam and in what order should he see these places so he can see all of them? What time is the last train back to Amsterdam?
      Furthermore, will he have time left over to see the Maas Tunnel and the White House. Please reply quickly as he wants to go to Rotterdam in the next day or two
      Thanks
      Surjit

9 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 11:43 PM
    • Where to Buy Things?

by DPGirl Online Now May 16, 2011 at 1:08 PM

My husband is working/staying at ART Best Western Hotel in Rotterdam. Not knowing the country or language or having spare time is difficult. Where close by can he purchase Greeting Cards, stamps, or ready-to-eat meals (like deli food)? A place that is open by 6:00am or after 5:30pm, also a must. Has trouble knowing what is written on packages of items. Is there bakery-type store in that area. He is very bad at trying to drive far as trakfic signs are written in Dutch. Grocery store he has been using does not seem to sell too much of pre-cooked foods such as perhaps roast chicken, etc. for his dinner. Has kitchenette but nithing but microwave and no time to cook. Will be there on rotational basis until about August.

Thanks for any suggestions!

4 Answers May 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    • dila's Profile Photo

Public transport strike Rotterdam (Amsterdam The Hague) half february (trains dont strike)

by dila Online Now Jan 26, 2011 at 7:42 AM

dutch link
      anwb.nl/verkeer/nieuws-en-ti...

Probably there will be a strike 14, 15 and 16th februari amsterdam rotterdam the hague.
      This is not 100% sure yet.
      Trains will drive as it is the companies GVB,RET and HTM who will strike.
      What will happen if you want a taxi they will charge you much more money or wont even drive short rides (this is not aloud but i even hear it when there is no strike)
      So try to find out how you get close as possible with trains and print out how to walk just in case

1 Answer Feb 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    • rotterdam resteraunts

by unamay Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM

We are arriving in Rotterdam from Australia the week before Easter and hope to be having a large family reunion. We plan on doing this at a restraunt if possible. Could someone possibly suggest somewhere that is not too expensive but has great food as well as variety. My relatives all live in and around Rotterdam. Thankyou for any help yu may be able to give me

2 Answers Jan 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    • waytonam's Profile Photo

Sleep in Rotterdam for a non-expensive price

by waytonam Online Now Jan 7, 2011 at 4:25 AM

Hi,

I'm going to Rotterdam at the end of January. I'll stay 5 night, I travel alone. I'm not able to find through internet a cheap price for a hotel. I find few youth hostels (shared rooms, 8 people) and 3/4 stars hotels but with very expensive prices, 80€ per night and much more, or at least someone with 50-60€ per night but with a very poor facilities (shared bathrooms in 3 stars hotel...).

I'd like to find a 1-star hotel or an hostal, but not a youth hostel or a bed&breakfast renting rooms in a family. Something like between 30-40€ per night, and near the center (more or less). Can you suggest me some place like that?

That's happens me in a french city I visit often that through internet I only find 3-stars hotel, but once there, with my feet on the street, I find A LOT of humble hotels and hostals, with more cheap prices. This is because that people has not internet webpage of the hotel. ¿Is it also the same in Rotterdam?

Thank you very much in advance,

8 Answers Jan 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    • amyinlondon's Profile Photo

cycling in the Netherlands

by amyinlondon Online Now May 2, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Hi, my husband and I want to have a cycling holiday in the Netherlands in August, using one place as our base. We want flat, scenic, towns and villages and generally a nice place. This would be our first trip of this nature and we would be on road bikes. Any help would be great as I really don't have much of a starting point.

4 Answers Jun 8, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    • siri's Profile Photo

Tour de France 1. and 2. stage

by siri Online Now May 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM

We are going to Rotterdam for the 1. and 2. stage of Tour de France 2010. I am looking for a forum or any other place where i can find information about the best place to watch the stages..

I already know of the official page http://www.tourdefrancerotterdam.nl.
      What i am looking for are forums, blogs etc with information and discussion about visiting and watching the stages ....

3 Answers May 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    • keva's Profile Photo

bicycle storage long term

by keva Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 7:28 PM

My wife and I will be finishing a summer bike tour in Rotterdam in november after biking through Germany to Prague then up the Rhine.WE are from Australia and intend to return next summer to continue our cycle adventures.The question does anybody know of some long term bike storage where we can leave our bikes and equipment until around may 2011 and possibly a contact number. Many thanks

2 Answers Jan 9, 2010 at 1:02 AM
    • Rotterdam Airport to Ridderkerk - I'm going mad here!

by fridayschild Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this, I have been driving myself mad trying to get information off the internet.

We will be travelling from Rotterdam Airport to Ridderkerk (the Van de Valk hotel) on the 2nd September and I am trying to find out how much it would cost to go by taxi. So far I have found everything from 45euros to 119euros -one way! - but I can't believe it costs that much, does it?

Other than those prices I can't find anywhere to prebook a transfer which I thought might be better than trying to find a taxi at the airport.

Also I read somewhere online that you need to pay a taxi by a pre-paid card, is this correct? Can we not pay in cash? Would we be better off going by bus? Is it easy?

I know I'm being cheeky here, but can I ask one more question, please? We were told we were going to Rotterdam (it was a competition win) is Ridderkerk a long way from Rotterdam shops etc? or the zoo?

Sorry about all that info and questions :o) Thanks again, Hope you all have a great weekend, x

7 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 6:11 AM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Kinderdijk Tour

by grandmaR Online Now May 25, 2009 at 10:45 AM

We are going to be landing from a cruise ship in Rotterdam in the morning of June 24th, and would like to go to Kinderdijk on some kind of tour. I do not think I will have the energy on day 15 of an 18 day trip to be hopping on and off public transportation. We have to get off the ship and get to our hotel (the Golden Tulip and drop our luggage off before we take the tour, and we want to be back for the VT meeting at 7:30.

It looks like there are two possibilities for a boat tour

1. Canal Tour: 30-minutes which takes you along a row of windmills fully-narrated tour. The first tour is at 10:00 am, and the last one departs at 5:00 pm. This looks very flexible.

Does this leave from Kinderdijk?

2. Boat Excursion on the "Nehalennia" - this leaves at 10:45 am and 2:15pm. Refreshments are sold, but it only stays at the dock for 45 minutes before returning to Rotterdam. I'm told that 45 minutes is not sufficient for the Canal tour and to visit a windmill. Also I'm not sure whether I could get there by 10:45, and the 2:15 is too late.

Are there any other tours that go out there that would leave us enough time for the canal tour and to see the windmill?

4 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    • Information regarding the Windmill Area around Rotterdam

by richjudybradford Online Now May 5, 2009 at 7:20 PM

What is best way to get to this Windmill Area from downtown Rotterdam? Can you give us "hints" regarding the visit?

4 Answers May 25, 2009 at 2:15 AM
    • Surjit's Profile Photo

Thank You Rotterdam!!

by Surjit Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Hi all,
      I know this is long overdue. I was in Rotterdam in June 2007 to write the biography of Indian flute maestro Hariprasad Chaurasia who teaches at the conservatory there. Consequently the book has a 27-page chapter on Holland/Rotterdam. The book was launched on his 70th birthday at Mumbai India on 1 July 2008 by India’s biggest movie star, Mr. Amitabh Bachchan. A photograph of the event is on my VT home page. Hariprasad Chaurasia has been made an OFFICIER in the Order of Oranje-Nassau by the Dutch Minister for Education and Culture on 12 November 2008. I believe it is a big honour. Can someone please tell me what this is all about?
      I wish to say thank you to the beautiful and friendly people of Rotterdam who made my stay there very memorable. VT member ATLC went out of her way to show me around the city and drove me over the 3 bridges. There were some though – no names – who did not even respond to my mail, but that’s OK. Everyone these days is suspicious of people from so-called third world countries.
      I hope to be back in Rotterdam someday. Loved the place!!
      If any one of you is coming to my home town of Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) please contact me. I will be more than happy to show you around the city.
      Warmest regards to all you Rotterdamers
      Surjit

2 Answers Apr 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    • Travel help needed

by mikeJP Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Hey,
      I'm traveling to Rotterdam in June and I can't find much info about europort. What is the easiest way to get to europort from Rotterdam without a car/taxi?

Also is it only the 'A' roads you can't cycle on?

Thanks for any replies.

8 Answers Mar 31, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    • zestien hoven

by harrietholiday Online Now Mar 23, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I am planning on making my way to Holland in April either via France of England.
      If I end up at Rotterdam airport, what would be the easiest way to go to Maassluis?
      I know there is a bus from the airport to Schiedam, can I get a bus or a train at that station in Schiedam to Maassluis can I buy tickets at the station or on the bus ? Or am I better off taking the bus from Rotterdam airport to Rotterdam Central Train station and taking the train to Maassluis?
      Thanks,
      Bedankt

4 Answers Mar 24, 2009 at 6:53 AM