Rotorua

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accomodation

Cape Reinga Mar 24, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Hi there back in 2000 i stayed at a place just before Cape Reinga i think it might have been 20mins before cape reinga but i cant find the place we stayed at and i cant remember the hotel / camping place it had a restaurant and little shop on it and we stayed in like a cabin.

please help :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Shopping sales in AKL

Auckland Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 AM

I'll visit AKL next month and I know there are lots of expensive stuff there. I want to know how often do AKL stores (clothes etc) have sales? Every week? Month? Thank you

more
    • Motel Monterey

by Dianema Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Hi, I canot find any contact details for Motel Monterey. I have stayed there a couple of times over the years and found both it's locality and price to be excellent. So, if I cannot book in here, I migh try the Havana Motor Lodge

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    • DebbieA16's Profile Photo

one night stay

by DebbieA16 Online Now May 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Travelling December this year and will arrive in Rotorua at 1.00/2.00pm maybe earlier if we need to get there to catch a tour. Departing next day in the morning for the East Cape. Maybe go to Hells Gate in the morning when we leave. What suggestions of things to do in the afternoon and evening? Are there any afternoon tours etc? Also do you know of any accommodation that has undercover parking for motorbikes and air conditioning
      Thanks

2 Answers May 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

bus station storage

by mnutsy Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Can I leave my luggage at bus dtation for 2 hours?

5 Answers Apr 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    • QUICKEST ROUTE FROM TAURANGA TO ROTORUA AIRPORT

by pkanjian Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM

What is quickest route from Tauranga to Rotorua Airport . State Highway 33 or Highway 36 ( Pyes Pa Rd)

2 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    • Sulphur Fumes in Rotorua

by BusyB Online Now Jan 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

We will be visiting Rotorua coming from Auckland, and heading towards Lake Taupo and Turangi. I am looking for accommodations now, and wondering if there is a particular area where sulphur fumes are strongest, and which to avoid if one won't be able to tolerate the smell. Would Lake Road area be better off?

2 Answers Jan 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    • Which of three?

by aditi.baid Online Now Aug 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Which of the three is the best attraction - Te Puia, Waiotapu or Waikite? Or are they all too different?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Few Hours in Rotorua!!

by sandeepgarg Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 3:59 AM

We are a family of 9 (4 adults, 1 senior and 4 children between 8-15 years), from INDIA.

We shall be arriving in Rotorua on the 11th May 2012, at about 6.30 pm or so, after our visit to Waitomo caves, enroute from Auckland.

We are staying the night at Novotel Lakeside. The next day at 12.25 we have the Air New Zealand flight to Queenstown, from the Rotorua Airport.

What is your suggestion that we do in the few hours we have in hand.

Should we do Whakarewarewa/Te Puia (or other Like Wai-O-Tapu, Waimangu Volcanic Vally, any other?) thermal area on the 12th May morning? Or should we go somewhere else or even avoid this completely?

All suggestions to make this stay worthwile will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    • jeanacm's Profile Photo

Getting from AKL to Rotorua? (rent a car? bus?)

by jeanacm Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I'm landing at AKL and taking a couple of days to explore Rotorua before flying out of Rotorua to Wellington.

I'd like to rent a car so I have freedom to explore at my leisure, but it seems that the fees for renting a car out of AKL and dropping off at Rotorua airport are really high. - Any thoughts on a good / reasonably priced car rental service?

Would you recommend taking a bus to Rotorua and then renting a car from there?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    • How to do Rotorua in 6 hours

by Jyotika Online Now May 18, 2011 at 7:56 AM

I have only about 6 hours in Rotorua. What is the one thing I should do? Is it easy to get to different things to do or are they all distant? I like natural things to see more than manmade. Any advice will be appreciated.

7 Answers Nov 1, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    • Need advise a good driving route for my coming rotorua trip

by jmontri Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Dear all,

I and family will be visiting New Zealand on Aril 15-26 and will have 2 night and 1 day in Rotorua.

we would like to get some advise from member here on the best driving route to visit places(also get it from forum) below.

1. Waitamo Cave
      2. Kiwi House
      3. Tamaki Maori Village and Hangi
      4. Government Gardens
      5. Wai-o-tapu
      6. Waimangu
      7. Buried Village

We will be arriving Auckland on April 15 around 11am, we will likely start to hit the road with our rented car around 1pm. We wil spend 2 nights in Rororua before taking a flight over to Christchurch where we will spend the rest of the trip in south island.

btw, do we need to pre-book entry tickets for the above mentioned places please.

kindly advise if there is any other good places to visit

Thank you.
      JM

10 Answers Apr 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    • Cheese Factory and Chocolate Factory for visit

by mion82000 Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Could any one give me information on visiting cheese factories and chocolate factories nearby Hamilton and Rotorua? Thanks a lot.

4 Answers Mar 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM
    • Tour in Rotorua, Taupo and Waitomo Caves

by mion82000 Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Our family will spend around 10 days in Rotorua, Taupo and Waitomo Caves this end of June to early July.

We have figured out the following places to visit but do not know how to arrange them among these places and make an itinerary. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Rotorua (6 days)

Gondola and luge
      Frying pan lake- www.waimangu.co.nz/
      Hobbiton movie set and farmstay
      Agrodome- www.agrodome.co.nz
      Te Puia Thermal Reserve
      Pohutu Geyser
      Hells Gate
      Whakarewarewa Forest
      polynesian spa
      Waiotapu Thermal activity- www.waiotapu.com
      Farmstay (1 night)

Taupo (2 days)

Taupo Lake

Waitomo Caves (1 day)

Waitomo Caves

9 Answers Mar 25, 2011 at 12:52 AM
    • uktxgirl's Profile Photo

Wai-o-Tapu or Waimangu Volcanic Valley

by uktxgirl Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 3:16 PM

My husband and I will have one day and two nights in Rotorua and would like to know which option would be most worthwhile. We've never been anywhere with geothermal activity, volcanic lakes etc. and we love to walk/hike. We're not so keen on very touristy attractions. I think we might be leaning toward the Waimangu Volcanic Valley, but we're open to any recommendations. Also, is it possible to pay one entrance fee and do all the hikes/walks in the Waimungu Valley, or are they all separate?

5 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    • LindaHardy's Profile Photo

Transport from Tauranga to Rotorua

by LindaHardy Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Hi, I shall be arriving by cruise ship in Tauranga later this year, spending just the day there, however I would like to visit some of the attractions at Rotorua, ie: Whaka, how do I get from Tauranga to Whaka by bus?, allowing enough time to see the attraction and return to Tauranga to board the ship later that same day. thank you.

5 Answers Aug 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    • A day and a half in Rotorua with a car

by Kara87 Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Hi there, my partner and I are travelling to Rotorua from Auckland and will have a night and full day to explore before leaving for Wellington. We will also have a car and we are trying to find the best way to spend our time? Does anyone have any recommendations or itineraries for that short time?

Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    • Holiday Park for large Family Reunion

by candjamadio Online Now Dec 26, 2008 at 5:03 AM

Hi can anyone recommend a holiday park for a family reunion/70th birthday, 40-50 people. Self catering. Also needs to have a small hall or any kind of room with kitchen where we can all meet and share our time together. Early August.
      Thanks Jenny

2 Answers Jan 3, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    • New Years Eve in Rotorua

by lesliehouston Online Now Dec 21, 2008 at 1:54 PM

We will be soending New Years Eve in Rotorua with 3 teens and were thinking of doing the Luge, buffet and wanted to see the fireworks. They have 2 seatings. Does anyone know what time the fireworks are?

1 Answer Dec 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM
    • Te Puia vs. Whakarewarewa Maori Village

by Paulaann12 Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 7:43 AM

Are Te Puia and the Whakarewarewa Maori Village the same place?? If not, is one better to see than the other? Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2008 at 2:26 AM
    • CanadianFella's Profile Photo

Camp ground

by CanadianFella Online Now Jun 27, 2008 at 6:40 AM

Hi can anyone suggest a good place to camp (with camper van)in or near Rotorua in August? I have checked several out on the internet and while they all seem fine, I have learned that things often are very different in person.

Also, I am picking the camper up at Auckland airport and heading to Rotorua as my first stop/night. Where is the best place to stop and stock up with supplies and food stuffs between pick up and stopping at camp for night?

Thank you

Steve

5 Answers Jul 3, 2008 at 2:13 AM
    • Kingsgate Hotel Rotorua

by ROSINDA Online Now Jun 10, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Does the Kingsgate have a hairdryer in each room? Are there tea/coffee facilities in the room and a bar fridge?

1 Answer Jun 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM
    • Transportation via the Caves

by SyH Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 8:15 PM

I am planning a visit and my itinerary takes me from Auckland to Rotorua. I have learned about and found coach (bus) transportation from Rotorua to Auckland with a stop to tour the caves, but can't locate the trip in the reverse direction. Can anyone give me the name of a transport/tour company that would have such a trip? P.S. I'm having a similar problem with a one way from Queenstown to Christchurch including a stop at the Glacier in Mt. Cook, if you might have any information on that as well. I assume that the trips operate in both directions as the coaches have to return anyway.

1 Answer Mar 1, 2008 at 10:29 PM
    • Authentic Hangi

by mcanada Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 7:20 AM

My husband & I are looking for a hangi that is still cooked in the most traditional way - underground. I've found 2 companies that offer an "authentic" hangi. One is Mitai Maori Village & the other is Tamaki Maori Village. Any comments on which would give us the most traditional experience. Or any other company?

Or if you know of one on the South Island we'll be at Nelson, Fox Glacier, Queenstown, Te Anua, Dunedin & Christchurch.

3 Answers Feb 13, 2008 at 11:39 AM
    • auztrav's Profile Photo

auckland - Rotorua - in a day

by auztrav Online Now Dec 8, 2007 at 2:57 PM

Is this possible? I would like to visit the Paradise springs lions, mud pits, hot springs and hangi.....

I am travelling alone, so not sure how to get there....is the airport a fair way out?

I am hoping it can be done in a day, early out of auckland, late back etc.

11 Answers Dec 15, 2007 at 10:22 PM
    • Car hire recommendations?

by aaronfecowycz Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Hi all, my soon to be wife and I are spending our honeymoon in New Zealand (can't wait!) and we're after some recommendations for car hire companies as we've been reading quite a lot of reports of hidden charges and poor service, so I thought I'd post a request for recommendations and see what other peoples experiences were and hopefully get some good advice. We're looking to hire a car in Rotorua for 7 days and would like to minimise our risk in terms of insurance liability.

Many thanks in advance :)

3 Answers Sep 11, 2007 at 8:35 AM
    • Rotorua tourist information

by ccole Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 9:28 PM

Is there a tourist bureau in Rotorua where I can purchase a map of the CBD?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2007 at 1:24 AM
    • Rotorua

by croydoncole Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 9:20 PM

There used to be an older style hotel in the Rotorua CBD near the museum and lawn bowls. Name included Prince or Princess I think. Does it still exist.

3 Answers Jun 7, 2007 at 2:43 PM
    • Agrodome, Te Puia and Skyline Skyrides

by divinepower31 Online Now Apr 7, 2007 at 5:27 AM

do you know what types of facilities and enhancements are found in agrodome farm show, te puia and skyline skyrides?

4 Answers Apr 17, 2007 at 3:24 AM
    • Tongariro National Park

by Neil1978 Online Now Jan 11, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Hey everyone

We wanted to travel to the park (from Rotorua) for 2 days on the 24th, and were told the best access points were either National Park or Ohakune.

However we're having trouble locating buses that travel from Rotorua to either of those destinations.

Can anyone help with any advice or alternative options?

Thanks in advance

Neil

1 Answer Jan 11, 2007 at 9:18 PM
    • pjdubai's Profile Photo

Looking for relatives

by pjdubai Online Now Oct 29, 2006 at 9:57 PM

Hi all

I'm trying to track down Joan or Louise Farquhar who used to run the Waiotapu Wonderlands 20 years ago. Joan is Louise's mother.

If anyone knows of their whereabouts I would be grateful for contact details.

Regards

pj

5 Answers Mar 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM
    • Tomtt88's Profile Photo

Drive time from Rotorua to Waitomo

by Tomtt88 Online Now Mar 8, 2006 at 4:15 PM

Hi

We are planning to do the Lost World abseiling in Waitomo (late June 06). However, we will be staying in Rotorua and driving down in a hire car. Does anyone know how long will it take to drive from Rotorua to Waitomo?

thanks
      Tom

9 Answers Apr 6, 2006 at 1:59 AM