Rotorua Travel Answers

change location

Car hire recommendations?

by aaronfecowycz Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Hi all, my soon to be wife and I are spending our honeymoon in New Zealand (can't wait!) and we're after some recommendations for car hire companies as we've been reading quite a lot of reports of hidden charges and poor service, so I thought I'd post a request for recommendations and see what other peoples experiences were and hopefully get some good advice. We're looking to hire a car in Rotorua for 7 days and would like to minimise our risk in terms of insurance liability.

Many thanks in advance :)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: Car hire recommendations?

by vtveen Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 12:22 AM

We have had several car rentals in New Zealand (Avis, Budget) and never had a problem. The last time (a tip of another VT member) we rented our car from McDonalds Rent-A-Car, a smaller family owned company. They also had great services and friendly staff (www.mcdonaldsrentacar.co.nz)

happy travels
    jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Sep 8, 2007 at 10:06 PM

The big companies like Avis and Budget are rather expensive. I have not heard any bad things about the company VT suggested. Another affordable option in Rotorua is Rent-a-Dent:

www.rentadent.co.nz

• Aspati's Profile Photo

by Aspati Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 8:35 AM

We rented car from Avis. No problem with cars and service. We got same price we had on ur booking. No problems when we returned car 45 min later.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines