Rotorua Travel Answers

change location

How to get around

by 54cookie Online Now Jan 23, 2006 at 3:08 PM

My husband is going to be at the Mungunui Hunting Lodge in March and since I don't hunt, I wanted to find out what I could do by myself in Rotorua. Can you do some things that are within walking distance? Just trying to get some information before I make my decision to come. Thanks so much.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • carteki's Profile Photo

RE: How to get around

by carteki Online Now Jan 23, 2006 at 8:44 PM

There is quite a bit to do around Rotorua, the one's that come to mind are visiting a spa, seeing the Lady Knox Geyser and visiting a traditional Maori village. Most of the activities have transport from your accommodation included in the price. Contact the lodge and ask them for additional info and also look at the Rotorua travel guide in vt - click on the tab to the top of the screen, or look down the right hand side of it.
    Have a good trip.
    Kim

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • batgirl1001's Profile Photo

RE: How to get around

by batgirl1001 Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 4:38 PM

I would also add going to see a traditional hangi, visiting the Agrodome and visiting the waitapu which is a geothermal park which encompasses the Lady Knox Geyser as well.

For Taupo, I would suggest taking an airplane to see Lake Taupo or White Island or go for a nature walk in Tongariro National Park.

• RE: RE: How to get around

by 54cookie Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it. Looks like we may be bringing friends with us, so that will be nice. So, any suggestions on the best spa to go to there? And I am planning on the other sites too. Can't wait.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines