Rothenburg ob der Tauber

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Luxurious Hotel

Bavaria Yesterday

i am looking for a 5-star luxurious Hotel in Bavaria that is rather relaxing. (Similar to Riva hotel in Constance Lake if you have visited before)

more
    • Getting to Weltenberg

Weltenburg Apr 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM

We will be coming from Kelheim and were thinking about hoofing it at some point to the Abbey, and then boating back. Can anyone advise on where to catch a reasonable walking point? And about one way on ferry back?

more
    • Environment zone sticker

Munich Apr 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We are renting a car in France and driving to Munich. Hotel is located in environent zone. How hard is it to get a sticker for this. I have heard you can get them at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

more
    • cost taxi fare

Passau Apr 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Taxi fare from Passau Railway Stn to Hotel Passaeur Wolf Hotel.

more
    • How would I get here from Munich?

Ettal Mar 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hello,

How would I get to this beautiful town from Munich via the rail system? I will only have my global rail pass during my time in Europe but I have fallen in love with the beauty and peacefulness of Ettal.

Thanks,
      Kaycee

more
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

more
    • Roseninsel

Starnberger See Apr 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I really want to see Roseninsel :) I'm note really sure on which S bahn station is better to drop off. Feldafing? Possenhofem? Is it far if I walk from the S station?

more
    • theron7's Profile Photo

6 Hour Layover

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

1st time visitor here. My son and I, he is 18, have a 6.5 hour layover on Monday, July 30. e want to go into town see a market and then hit a beer garden before continuing on to Athens. Are there any particular Beer gardens that should not be missed and that are easily assessable in our time frame? Thanks for your help!

more
    • Lindau / Lake Konstanz in Easter April 2014

Lindau Mar 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We are a couple with a 2 year old daughter and wish to travel to Lindau & Lake Constance in April 2014 during Easter. How is the weather during this period historically and will there be tourists shops / travel boats / restaurants open during this time.
      We want to make Lindau our base with a holiday apartment for 4-5 nights. Any suggestions on nearby excursions / car drives most welcome...will be hiring a car from Memmengin airport.
      Thanks so much for your time.

more
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Ghotel Hotel & Living Munchen-Zentrum

Munich Apr 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Another question regarding this hotel please. We will be taking the train to Venice after we leave Germany. Is this hotel closer to the main train station or to the train station at the airport?

Thank you,
      Mickey

more
    • mountain climbing/hiking

Passau Apr 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Looking for a beautiful place to hike/climb not far from Passau. Preferably the alps.

more
    • basstbn's Profile Photo

From boat to train station?

Nürnberg Apr 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We will be arriving in Nürnberg (late June) via Viking Cruise Line, and traveling on to Prague. Because we are taking a diversion from the Viking package, we will be on our own regarding transportation to the Nürnberg train or bus station. Can anybody in the VT community tell us how to get from the boat docks to the central stations?

more
    • Help with iternary for Munich and surrounding areas

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I will be in the Munich (thats where my flight lands). I am traveling with my family (2 kids: 9 month and 7 year old). This is my iternary

Date Location

3-Jul Munich

4-Jul Munich

5-Jul Bavarian forest

6-Jul Bavarian forest

7-Jul Bavarian forest/Salsburg

8-Jul Salsburg

9-Jul Salsburg

10-Jul Munich

11-Jul Munich

Does anyone have any suggestion on my iternary.

Please help

Thanks

aatiman

more
    • Student Traveler

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I am a journalism student at the University of South Carolina and will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in May with a class. My group project is to report on unique places in Munich and Berlin. We are looking to go to places that are bizarre or wacky is some aspect (for example: the Currywurst Museum, Peacock Island or Tropical Islands Berlin). Do you have any suggestions or any contacts in either of the two cities? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
      Abbey O'Brien

more
    • Travel to Geiselwind

Geiselwind Apr 13, 2014 at 7:15 AM

How can i go to Geiselwind from Frankfurt airport? Is there any bus or train? How much will i spend for it? What time can i take the bus or train?

more
    • Will Wurzburg train platforms be listed on D bahn?

Würzburg Mar 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM

We are going from Rothenburg to Frankfurt Airport with a connection in Wurzburg. There is little time between trains and no platforms listed. I am wondering how to find out the platform numbers ahead so we don't miss the train.

more
    • Prague to Rothenburg ODT

by spyx Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Can someone please advise on how we can travel from Prague to Rothenburg in mid-decemeber using train/buses? We don't drive so renting a car is not an option.

5 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • online purchases

by pam6942 Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I would like to purchase some wine on line and also prints of rothenburg. Can you please tell me a website where I can do this? My husband and I visited Rothenburg 3 weeks ago and wish we would have purchased some more items.

2 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    • Want to see Rothenburg

by pairoftravelers Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I'm going to be in Nuremberg and will be heading to Prague, is Rothenburg totally out of the way or do you think I might be able to stop on the way. I understand that theirs lockers for our luggage @ the train/bus station.

3 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    • getting there by bus or something other than train with 2 or 3 changes

by babagnell Online Now May 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM

does anyone know of a bus service or tour bus that would be better than the train?

12 Answers May 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM
    • Is Whitsuntide Festival too crowded to see town?

by dmonahan Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We will be in the vicinity for more than a week. We thought we would visit during the Whitsuntide Festival. We also want to see the town and take the Night Watchman Tour. Should we visit once early in the week when it's quiet, and go back for the Festival, or can we do it in one trip?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    • Auldbuff's Profile Photo

Self Catering

by Auldbuff Online Now Jun 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Hi.
      would like to visit Rothenburg with my wife in September and looking for self catering 1/2 bedrooms with all usual amenities, TV dishwasher etc. as I will be renting a car accommodation outside the city would suit as long as it is accessible by bus/local train in the evenings to visit Restaurants etc.in Rothenburg
      regards.
      Id

4 Answers Jun 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    • Easter Shopping

by Kalaki1503 Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

We will be visiting Rothenburg on tour from Munich on April 8, Easter Sunday. Will any of the tourist shops be open on this day?

1 Answer Mar 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    • 5 days in Rothenburg

by levlex Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Can anyone advise if 5 days would be too long to stay in Rothenburg, early June (hopefully not too many tourist). We have to rely on public transport and interested in lots of walking as well as sightseeing. Will be coming from Munich and after Rothenburg thought about spending 5 nights in Neckar Valley region for walking. Any suggestions would be appreciated - perhaps there is a small village or town that would be better to base ourselves instead of
      Rothenburg. Our aim is to stay in only 2 areas as a base - 5 nights in each. Public transport is most important.

7 Answers May 7, 2012 at 2:37 AM
    • MizBlack's Profile Photo

Cost of taking a taxi from train station to city center

by MizBlack Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I'll be heading to rothenburg in mid december and staying in hotel eisenhut. I've read somewhere in the forum that it takes 10 minutes to walk from the train station to the city center but i don't know if its such a good idea to walk in the cold with a piece of luggage.

Taking a taxi seems to be the alternative. Does anybody knows the cost of taking a taxi from the train station to the city center?

5 Answers Nov 27, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    • Suggestions for children

by bonniecrocker Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Hi,

I live in Wiesbaden and am taking my 3 children to Rothenburg Feb. 25-28. We will arrive by car on Friday. On Saturday, there is a volksmarch. Kids are 7, 7 and 9. They are interested in seeing the criminal museum (want to see all the torture stuff lol) It looks like that museum is only open from 2 pm-4 pm so may try to hit it on Friday. We plan on the 11 km volkmarch Saturday. We are flexible and can leave any time on Monday.

My questions are: any other suggestions for things to see that would interest this age group while we are there? I believe there is a night watchman tour on Saturday that I will definitely take them to. Any suggestions for restaurants that have the type of foods kids would like and any that might have healthy food for me (not really interested in the usual schnitzel, bratwurst,etc.)

We will be staying at the Hotel Gasthof Zum Breiterle. Thanks for any help that you can provide and I'm not big on driving in the dark. That's hubby's job and he can't come with me due to work.

Bonnie

11 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 12:56 AM
    • yankeepeddler's Profile Photo

1 or 2 days in Rothenburg ?

by yankeepeddler Online Now Jan 8, 2011 at 8:08 AM

I'm booking my hotels as I write and I'm not sure whether you need 1 or 2 days in Rothenburg (July). Any suggestions? If I take two days, then 1 day will have to come off my trip to Karlovy Vary in Czech.

8 Answers Jan 8, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    • MAUIRADISE's Profile Photo

Local bus ride

by MAUIRADISE Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 11:14 AM

We will be coming to Rothenburg by train. Is there a local bus transportation from the train station to the town center? Thank you for any suggestions.

6 Answers Jul 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    • Germany Argentina

by neelv Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Any suggestions on where to watch the QF match up tomorrow?

3 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    • shopping in Rothenburg

by KarenCupit Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I was there in 2008 and went to a shop that sold jams, condiments etc and also dried apples, you could order on line but I've lost the brochure,they were the best apple chips ever, does anyone know what it is called?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM
    • Train route from Frankfurt to Rothenburg

by lizetvd Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 6:47 AM

What is the easiest and shortest train route from Frankfurt to Rothenburg ob der Tauber and again from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Paris? Do I need to make reservations for any of these train trips?

Thank you!

4 Answers Jun 7, 2010 at 4:28 AM
    • Birdfan's Profile Photo

One Night in Rothenburg ob der Tauber

by Birdfan Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I have only one night and two 1/2 days. I would like to walk as many places as possible..no car. Where is the best location to stay to reach as many things on foot that I can sqeeze in
      Appreciate all suggestions..many thanks

5 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    • Shopping in rotheburg

by lindspryor Online Now Dec 11, 2009 at 1:38 PM

My husband and I recently spent part of our honeymoon in Rothenburg ob der tauber. We had an amazing time and left with many fond memories. We had so much luggage and so many souvineers, that we couldn't bring back everything that we wanted. i brought back three terra cotta replicas of the town and I would like to have more. I have looked all over the place online and I can't find a webiste from any of the stores that sold them. Does anyone know how I could buy some more of these rothenburg town replicas online? We also brought back some beautiful plaques that were handpainted and were engraved by woodburning. We have had so many compliments and thought they would be neat gifts for people. I have had no luck buying these online either. I even have a brouchure for the place that we bought the engraved plaques at but apparently it doesn't have a website. The name for it is Altstadtladen. Thank you so much to anyone who can help!

2 Answers Dec 11, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    • zenastar's Profile Photo

Pension Hess Das Laedle

by zenastar Online Now Feb 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I am considering staying at Pension Hess Das Laedle in Rothenburg but I am having trouble finding reviews on this place. I would like to know something about it first. All comments are appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 11, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    • zenastar's Profile Photo

Train to Nuremburg

by zenastar Online Now Dec 3, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Hello all,
      I am planning a day trip to Rothenburg from Nuremburg. I plan to be there on Sunday,
      Does the night watchman perform on Sunday and is the christmas museum open?
      Since I want to catch the night watchman i will need to take the last night train to nuremburg at 10pm.

Getting to my real questions: I will have to make two train changes. The layovers at each station are very tight, around 5 minutes. How likely is it that a train will be late, causing me to miss the next train? Do they que the connecting trains if the previous one is tardy? Will there be other trains I can get on if I miss the connectors or am I stuck at the train station all night? Should I skip the night watchman and hop on an earlier train?

thanks for much for your help

6 Answers Dec 6, 2008 at 9:46 PM
    • la_dolcevita's Profile Photo

Loveliest place to stay in Rothenburg

by la_dolcevita Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Hello,

My husband and I are looking for somewhere to stay in Rothenburg ob der Tauber for 2 nights in December. We would like to stay somewhere really special. Any ideas?
      We are then going to drive down to Munich stopping for a few nights on the way. Where are the best places to visit and stay in the area from Rothenburg down to Munich. Nordlingen? Augsburg?

I love Germany and particularly Bavaria however i have only visited the south around Munich.

Many Thanks

7 Answers Dec 11, 2008 at 9:29 PM
    • December weather

by LizB. Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 10:17 AM

We are visiting Rothenburg at the begininng of December for the Christmas marktet etc. is there any chance we may have some snow?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM
    • Horseback riding near Rothenburg?

by tjperry Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Could anyone give suggestions on places in/near Rothenburg where we could go horseback riding through the countryside for an hour or two? We will not have a car, so something within walking or taxi distance from old town would be perfect. Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 19, 2008 at 12:57 PM
    • Please advise us on the best way to get to rothenburg from munich in december

by reynoldsvicann Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 6:26 AM

My husband and I are going to munich in dec to see the christmas markets and the castle in fussen. . We have a hotel for 6 might munich and need to return to there after we see the sights. Can you please advise us which means of transportation is best. We are open to trains renting car ect. Thanks so much for you hlp!

2 Answers Jun 24, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    • Rothenburg to Dachau

by nelle1958 Online Now May 28, 2008 at 1:26 PM

I will be spending 3 days in Rothenburg in December. I would like to visit Dachau one of those days. Is there an easy way to travel between the 2 places? I can only take the bus or train.

3 Answers May 28, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    • Luggage transfer from Wurzburg to Rothenburg

by Dbangsund Online Now May 18, 2008 at 1:32 PM

We are traveling by bicycle from Wurzburg to Rothenburg using folding bicycles that will have been brought to Germany in large suitcases. We need to have these empty suitcases moved from our hotel in Wurzburg to our hotel in Rothenburg while we take four days to ride between the two cities. Any suggestion of how we might have our four suitcases transferred from Wurzburg to Rothenburg? Thanks for the help. David

1 Answer May 18, 2008 at 9:22 PM
    • jvictor28's Profile Photo

Places to Sleep in Rothenburg-- on a budget!

by jvictor28 Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Hi all,

I'm planning to stay in Rothenberg with my boyfriend for 2 nights (May 28, 29), and I was hoping someone could recommend a place for us to stay that is not too expensive. Also, we are backpacking and will arrive by train to Rothenburg-- any suggestions on what location would be best? Thanks for your help!

5 Answers Apr 14, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    • How many 'Rothenburg'

by cicada8 Online Now Mar 20, 2008 at 1:20 AM

Hi,

I am trying to rent a car in Fussen and hope to return it in Rothenburg. However, most websites do not simply name Rothenburg as it is. For eg, Fussen is known as Garmisch Partenkirchen. I do not know German and it is pure luck that I discovered the other name for Fussen. If not I would have needlessly spent more money renting from Munich. So, is there another name that Rothenburg goes by? Thanks for any advice.

11 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 7:12 AM
    • The direct way from Nuremberg to Rothenburg

by Anone Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Could you please tell me waht is the best to Rothenburg from Nuremberg?
      I found that I have to get on and off with my big luggage many time by train .If there is other direct bus or transportation better.

4 Answers Sep 25, 2007 at 8:46 PM
    • getting to Salzburg, Austria, from Rothenburg o.d.T.

by Nui-tutu Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 5:59 AM

We have been trying to find the best way to get from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Salzburg on Wednesday 10 October 2007. We are open to trains, planes, boats, hydrofoils, buses and rented cars. It seems it will take many connections regardless of what combination of transport modes we choose, so I am wondering what you might suggest.

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Sep 20, 2007 at 12:29 AM
    • walking tours

by Gundachetty Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Hi, are walking tours in english available on sept 2, 2007? will most of the attractions be closed on this day?

all informations appreciated!

1 Answer Sep 19, 2007 at 7:18 AM