Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Answers

change location

shops car rentals open sat and sunday in rothenburg?

by christine_go Online Now Oct 22, 2005 at 11:01 AM

hi, still cant decide on my last 2 days of 4 days on the romantic road. nov 3 and 4 booked already at rothenburg hotel. have to be at munich nov. 6. what do i do nov.5 to 6? have been trying to find out if car rentals are open in rothenburg on sat and sun. also are shops open in rothenburg on sat and sun? so far couldnt get any info. i will base my decision on the answer to these questions.if car rentals close sat, will rent one fri and drive to dink and nord and back to roth for overnight. then see more of roth sat and leave sunday so have to book a hotel in roth for sat night. if i can rent a car sun and can leave car in another town then will drive to dink and nord then leave car in nord and take train to munich.or if can rent on sat can drive to dink, stay the night then drive to nord sun then leave car there and train to munich. pls advice me! or should i just not book a hotel for sat night and just go with the flow? thinking of staying at altfrankische weinstube sat night if i stay in roth. anybody stayed there? reserved 2 nights at hotel gotisches haus and its a bigger grander place so looking for one night in a smaller b&b type that's small and quaint and very old german. no modern or 60's or 70's type of things. thanks for any help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • imlikeabird's Profile Photo

RE: shops car rentals open sat and sunday in rothenburg?

by imlikeabird Online Now Jan 29, 2007 at 7:13 AM

We went to visit Rothenburg on a Saturday driving from Frankfurt. We couldn't rent a car on Saturday even in Frankfurt, we had to get it Friday by 5:00. I don't know the answer for sure on this, but if you can't get one in Frankfurt, I would be really surprised if you could in Rothenburg.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines