Rostov-na-Donu Travel Answers

change location
lorgnierl's Profile Photo

bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by lorgnierl Online Now Jun 18, 2004 at 3:55 PM

i watched on russian programs a very good serial about the war between russian and turcs, it s name was bayaset but i could not find this fortress, was it in Russia, Georgia, Turquish? could you help me thanks lionel

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by Anastasia_G Online Now Jan 13, 2004 at 2:05 AM

Bayaset fortress was located on the East Turkey and was very important defensive point for russian-armenian troops since 1828 when Turkish have lost it. In 1829 Turkish tried to return it but unsuccessfully.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lorgnierl's Profile Photo

Re: Re: bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by lorgnierl Online Now Jan 13, 2004 at 6:16 AM

spocibo lionel

• Re: bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by StevenC Online Now Jun 18, 2004 at 3:55 PM

No, but I want to go to Taganrog. Can you give me some details? piolapiola@yahoo.com

• RE: Taganrog

by vegasdj Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 12:33 AM

I was in Taganrog last month (January). It is a wonderful place! I can only imagine how beautiful it is in the spring and summer. I am returning in May. I visited all of the Chekov sites, like his birthplace and the family store. I walked the shore of the Azov. There is a very nice park there. I also spent several hours in the bazaar. For accomodations, there is a small hotel on the Azov, located on Schmidt Street, that I can highly recommend. Unfortunately, I do not read Russian so I cannot tell you the name of it, but here is the phone number: (8634) 344-357. In the summer, I believe one can take a cruise on the Azov.

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo

RE: RE: bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by lorgnierl Online Now Feb 28, 2005 at 2:17 AM

THANKS FOR THE COMMENT, but i don t need hostels, my wife is from taganrog, so her family receive us
    right it s a good area, surprising the first time, but i want to go again, so i ll visit st petersburg in september ' days and after we ll stay in rostovskaia oblast 3 weeks
    i m more lucky, i read cyrillique and my wife can translate in case ;-)))

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rostov-na-Donu