Roscoff Travel Answers

change location
Lalli's Profile Photo

Bus from Roscoff to Morlaix or Quimper on 30 June 2012

by Lalli Online Now Jun 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Does anybody know if there is a bus from Roscoff on Sat 30 June to either Morlaix or Quimper. We are just coming over for a day and need to get back to Roscoff in time for the 11pm sailing. I have looked at the rail website but the first train that goes to Roscoff on that day does not go until 10.52 and as the ferry gets in at about 7.30am we would prefer to go then. Has anybody got any advice. Years ago we came over as foot passengers and there was a bus meeting the ferry, is this still so?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Roscoff to Morlaix or Quimper on 30 June 2012

by cubsur Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

The number 29 bus leaves Roscoff ferry for Morlaix at 0745 on a Saturday, arriving in Morlaix at 0830.

Route 29 timetable

viaoo29.fr/ftp/FR_documents/...

Note there are no buses back in the late evenings.

There are no buses on Saturdays on route 60 Morlaix - Quimper and I can't see any way to get from Roscoff to Quimper and back other than by train and about a four hour journey as it's the long way round via Brest.

Bus route 60 timetable

viaoo29.fr/ftp/FR_documents/...

As you will have discovered, most of the 'trains' between Morlaix and Roscoff are in fact buses operated by SNCF - these are in addition to the route 29 and this shows an 0816 departure from Roscoff on Saturdays.

telechargement.ter-sncf.com/...

I hope that helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I think the bus still meets the ferry and is scheduled for 0745 departure. It will hang around for a time if the ferry is late but usually the ferry is ontime as it lays off the harbour for a while when it arrives.

Here's the timetable: viaoo29.fr/ftp/FR_documents/...

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 7:15 AM

The breton bus system is a bit empty but there is buses from Roscoff to Morlaix on Saturdays every 2 hrs or so,the earliest is
    7h take line TER 0 (working with the train station but are buses SNCF) from stop at Port-de-Bloscon (Roscoff) to train station Morlaix ,stop at the train station or gare de Morlaix

you should be able to get info once in the train station at roscoff,

then to Quimper ,closer to me, the easiest is to get on centre of roscoff the bus No 25 to Lesneven (Brest) direction the gare routiƩre or bus terminal of Brest. Then go to train station at Brest (next door to the bus) and take the train TER direction Quimper and stops at the gare or train station of Quimper

The site for public transport in all of Brittany by the regional council government is Breizhgo or go brittany or Bretagne, Breizh is Brittany in the Breton language also spoken here.
    http://www.breizhgo.com/

HOpe it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines