Rosarito Travel Answers

change location

vegetarian restaurants

by nicktorok Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Are there any vegetarian or vegan restaurants in Rosarito beach or in Ensenada?

Also, the same question for Tijuana.

Thank you

Nick Torok

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: vegetarian restaurants

by lmkluque Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 6:57 AM

If you are a Vegan, it will be more difficult to find items that would work for you.

However, if your requierments aren't quite so strict than you should be able to find something in most restaurants, by ordering specific things. Something like a chili Relleno or quesadia would be easy to get. Salads and fruits are plentiful but outside of a produce market, vegetables are not quite so easy to find.

I've never specifically looked for vegetarian restaurants but have heard of a few. I don't know if they are still in business, but might be as I think that Mexican's in general are oftentimes more health conscious. Most of these are not in the "tourist" areas so keep that in mind when looking for them.

Ensenada:
    Señor Salud Restaurant is vegetarian and I've heard that there are a few others, on Ninth Street, but don't know the names. La Sonrisa is a health food store that might of interest.

La Fonda Hotel & Spa offers vegetaqrian items. This is on the highway on the way from Rosarito Beach to Ensenada.I think it's at La Misión exit.

Rosarito Beach:
    Rosarito Beach Hotel at the south end of Roasrito.

Tijuana:
    Cocina El Lugar Vegetariana
    Ave De Las Americas #3023

Vallarta Natural Restaurant Vegetariano
    Blvd Agua Caliente 1252
    Esq Rio Yaqui, Col. Revolucion
    Tijuana, Baja California Vegetarian restaurant

Cintamani
    Near the racetrack

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer