Rosarito Travel Answers

change location

REALLY NEED Henna Artist in Rosarito or nearby for Wedding at RBH

by Checary Online Now May 31, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Can anyone reccommend or give us a lead on a Henna Tattoo artist in the Tijuana, Playas, Rosarito, Ensenada area who can assist with a wedding party at the end of June. We have been really dissappointed that even when we have offered to provide all transportation and a room at the beautiful Rosarito Beach Hotel with the wedding party, the artists from San Diego are unwilling to travel.

We have the traditional bridal designs and a budget to pay a fair rate, just need someone with the expertise.

My daughter is having a "destination wedding"- sort of. We live in San Diego, but she and her fiance have been living in Washington DC for the past 6 years and his family (his dad is of Iraqi decent- the reason for the Henna tradition) lives in Manhattan NYC. So for many guests this will be a destination wedding, as they will stay at the hotel.

The only glitch has been our inability to find an artist to do the traditional bridal Henna on the night before the Wedding.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed, please :-)

Cherri

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: REALLY NEED Henna Artist in Rosarito or nearby for Wedding at RBH

by lmkluque Online Now Jun 1, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hi Cherri,

Welcome to VT! Sorry I don't have an answer for you but a suggestion.

I'm guessing that you contacted the Mosque in SD for information regarding a henna artist? I know that they have some who do Moroccan henna designs, but don't know if they would be signicantly different from Iraqi.

My actual suggestion is that you might contact the Mosque in Tijuana,

http://www.masyidalislam.org/

I don't know for sure, but they may have women who are henna artists.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines