Rosarito Travel Answers

change location

Rosarito/Puerto Nuevo - Drive or Take Tour/Motorcoach???

by zahzonline Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 11:57 AM

We want to take a weekend trip from Southern California to Rosarito Beach and Puerto Neuvo but I'm contemplating whether or not to take the tour/motor coach route or just drive down from our house - probably an hour drive. The tour we found takes you to Tijuana, Rosarito, and Peurto Nuevo for lunch. It's75 per person for 11 hours and I'm guessing it's the easy route, don't need to worry about driving, car insurance, rentals etc. However you're not free to do as you wish. Has anyone taken the tours and likes it? Is anyone opposed to the tours and could you please tell me why? Also are there any hotels in Rosarito that let you use their facilities for the day (not overnight stay), these are available in Cabo and was thinking of doing that if we drive. Thanks much in advance for your time!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: Rosarito/Puerto Nuevo - Drive or Take Tour/Motorcoach???

by lmkluque Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 7:14 AM

I think the answer to your question would depend upon your own interests. The price of the tour seems pretty high to me, but as you mentioned, you'll have more sense of security going with a tour.

If the tour stops in Tijuana, you will most likely have time on Revolucion to shop and explore. Rosarito is not that big of a place so you shouldn't miss too much by taking the tour bus. Stopping at Puerto Nuevo for lunch is a nice touch.

>>>Also are there any hotels in Rosarito that let you use their facilities for the day (not overnight stay),

Which facilities did you want to use? Most likely you would be able to, but I'd suggest calling ahead to ask.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Re: Rosarito/Puerto Nuevo - Drive or Take Tour/Motorcoach???

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 7:32 AM

I lived in San Diego for 18 yrs and bought a casa there in 1982, and we frequently went down for the evening for dinner, visit friends, relax, etc., or for the weekends. Of course the border crossing was quite different then, as well as the traffic and political climate.
    If what you want is mainly a relaxing day, and presumably the 'lobster' at Puerto Nuevo, then maybe opting for the bus tour would better satisfy, especially if you haven't done the border crossing lately!! Also, as I am sure you have considered, you don't have any security/road problems with your own car.
    My casa in Rosarito sits empty most of the year, and you could use it for 'facilities', if I knew you! The ROSARITO BEACH HOTEL is a good place for a potty stop, snack, shops, etc.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines