Rosarito Travel Answers

change location

Rosarito trip

by Thehotdelancey Online Now Apr 8, 2007 at 5:47 PM

I am thinking of making a weekend trip with a group of friends (10-12 of us) to Rosarito, but I am a little concerned with some of the logistics involved with a trip like this. I have no idea where to start.

What kind of hotel/condo deals should I be looking for? And how about getting there from the border? (san Ysidro- tijuana)I dont feel comfortable with us taking our own cars and getting the insurance, I would rather find an alternative mode of transportation (taxis, trains, etc.).

Does anybody have any similar experiences to a trip like this?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: Rosarito trip

by lmkluque Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 9:19 AM

I have been to Rosarito Beach many times. I drive there and haven't used public transportation at all.

There are quite a few hotels to choose from in Rosarito Beach. I'll list a few here.

In the central section:
    Rosarito Beach Hotel
    Quinta Terrnova
    Brisas del Mar
    Festival Plaza
    Pacifco Hotel
    In the south section:
    Las Rocas
    Baja del Sol
    Calafia Hotel

The prices vary a great deal based on which room you choose, (ocean views are more expensive) which days of the week you are there (weekends are more expensive) whether it is high or low season and how many to a room. This should all be negotiated before making your reservation.

Of these listed, I only have experience with Rosarito Beach Hotel and Calafia. Both are old historic places and offer on premise restaurants and nightclubs. The others may also, but I don't have first-hand knowledge to offer. In any case there are restaurants, bars and clubs near.

As far as how to get there, if you don't want to take your own cars you could rent a couple at a place called "Bargain Auto Rentals" on Rosecrans in San Diego.

http://www.bargainautorentals.com/

They offer older type cars--I think they have a couple of vans also--and the price of a day's rental plus Mexican insurance won't be much more than35.00.

There are taxis in Tijuana you can take to Rosarito, some are quite inexpensive, negotiate the price before getting in.

Also, there is a bus station not far from the border, but I've never taken one of these to Rosarito Beach so can't give specifics.

You might check out this website:

rosarito.org/Company%20Name_...

Rosarito Beach is a relatively small town and it's economy comes largely from tourists. The people you will come in contact with are generally gracious, accommodating and happy to help you have a good time. Showing respect insures the accommodation and tipping nicely has a positive effect as this is how they make their income livable. However, it has been my experience that most people who run into trouble in Baja are people who are disrespectful/drunk.

Hope this helps,
    Linda

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines