Rosario Travel Answers

change location
Looseebee's Profile Photo

Banks and exchanges

by Looseebee Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Hi, really dull question this, but can somebody please tell me if it is easy to find banks that accept foreign cards in Rosario? If so, which banks and on which streets (close to Centro). Also, do banks exchange foreign money or should I find separate casas do cambio? I have had a lot of problems using cashpoints in South America (my bank cards are both Visa Debit)and as I am in Rosario only very briefly I am hoping to avoid spending the entire time trying to find a cashpoint that accepts my card!

Any help much appreciated of course

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Looseebee's Profile Photo

Oh, and internet!

by Looseebee Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Oh, forgot - and places to use the internet too! Anybody know any reliable places with decent speed, near centro? I know there is wifi but I won't have my laptop with me. Thanks!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • loboviejo's Profile Photo

Re: Banks and exchanges

by loboviejo Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Oi Lucy,

A good place to use your debit card in Rosario is at La Terminal (rodoviaria), or check out one of the larger supermarkets such as La Gallega on the corner of Pellegrini e Mitre, or one on San Luis 1800 block. There are many, many places to find the internet while walking Av. Cordoba. Boa viagem!

JAC

by Looseebee Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Thank you Jac! Any idea where I can find a casa de cambio too? I need to change a few brazilian reias! Muchas gracias

• loboviejo's Profile Photo

by loboviejo Online Now Sep 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Oi Lucy,

Look for the "Transatlantica Casa de Cambio" em Rioja 1198, (341-4113000) or Cordoba 1463 (341-5300700). Both no centro de Rosario. Riales are 2.18, mais ou menos. Com certeza, tende cuidado sempre!

JAC

by Looseebee Online Now Sep 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Thanks so much! And yes, I will be careful thanks - I live in Rio de Janeiro so I am accustomed to keeping an eye out for malandros, heheh!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rosario