Rosario Travel Answers

change location
Erik73's Profile Photo

Railway transportation between Bs.As. en Rosario???

by Erik73 Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 3:05 AM

I'm looking into the ways of (passenger)transportation between Bs.As. and Rosario.

I think it would be great for my children (2 boys: 7 and 4) to travel by train.

Can anyone tell whether this is a real and serious way of transportation?

Thanks,

Erik

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Porteno's Profile Photo

Re: Railway transportation between Bs.As. en Rosario???

by Porteno Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 5:46 AM

Here is the link for the schedule and prices for taking the train to Rosario
    sateliteferroviario.com.ar/h...
    Not the most comfortable form of transportation and locals have told me that it is not always so safe either.

suerte
    SAM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Erik73's Profile Photo

by Erik73 Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 5:59 AM

Sam,

Thank you for your information. Could you or your ocntacts tell in which regard it is not so comfortable (eg. Pullman-class, wouldn't it be something like forst class??).
    And evenmore interesting to know what is meant by the safety remark....

We would have thought that travelling by train would be great for our 2 boys, and for us to see the landscape passing by...

by Porteno Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 9:55 AM

I think you would only have two choices to Rosario, Turista or Primera with Primera being the First Class section. As for safety, not sure about this line but in the past there had been robberies on the line serving Mar del Plata. Just use some caution if you decide to indeed brave the train.
    suerte
    SAM

by Porteno Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Sorry yes indeed on the Ferrocentral you do have the choice of pullman which would be a somewhat private compartment. And as for comfort the train system here is not like Europe, it is rather old and not maintained very well. So the comfort remark was about the service and condition of the train cars. Not all has been maintained too well. But it is a rather short ride to Rosario so suppose it would not be too terrible. Just don't expect too much.
    SAM

• Re: Railway transportation between Bs.As. en Rosario???

by hcavallero Online Now Jul 18, 2007 at 9:05 AM

Don't use the reilway system we do have now, because you will have headaches as a result.

You can watch ladscapes and the country by travelling by bus from Buenos Aires.
    There are about 5 companies that can carry to Rosario and the have accomodations from suite premium and executive to common class. You will get in time and there is no risk.

Have a nice stay. And before coming to the wedding ask if it formal or casual. If it is formal you need at leat a dark suit. If it is casual, you can dress casually with not very shocking colours.

• Erik73's Profile Photo

by Erik73 Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 3:30 AM

Thank you so much on your useful info on the railwaysystem... I think we shall indeed travel by bus.

And the wedding party... I think it will be in-the-middle so somewhere in between a suit and casual.

Thnx a lot!

Erik

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rosario