change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SIT Bus Shuttle

by dpharr Online Now 5 hours ago

Hello,

My wife and I are scheduled to arrive at FCO 7:35 am.  2 questions related to scheduling the SIT Bus Shuttle:

• Is it necessary to pre-book seats on-line or can tickets be purchased on arrival?
      • The booking options on-line are for select times (every 45min).  Are the pre-booked ticket times firm?  For instance, if our flight is delayed, etc, will our ticket apply for another departure time?

Thanks for any help.

more
    • Rome to Cortona by train

by cheltx Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Understand there are two stops near Cortona - Terontola or Camucia. Is one a better choice than the other? Are there buses/taxis from either to Cortona? Should we book the train in advance or just go from the airport in Rome to Termini Station and buy a ticket there? On the return trip, we have a morning flight back to the US and so will go back to Rome the day before. Can you recommend a hotel close to the Termini Station or are there actually airport hotels that would be a better choice? Thanks

more
    • Taxi from Fiumicino airport to Via Garibaldi, Trastevere

by NatasaT. Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Can I (and where, website?)pre-book taxi from the Fiumicino airport to Trastevere (Via Garibaldi)?
      What would be the fare?

more
    • JoyS59's Profile Photo

Rome at the end of July? Let's maybe do lunch?

by JoyS59 Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Would love to meet up with anyone who will be in Rome near the end of July? I will be there and would love to sit and have a snack/lunch/a conversation with you all.

Hope to hear from someone (or couple people!)

Thanks

more
    • Men's incontinence products

by ehuckaby Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Where can I purchase there disposable underwear?

more
    • danes0602's Profile Photo

5 days in Rome

by danes0602 Online Now 17 hours ago

Hello fellow travelers! My friends and I will be in Rome for 5 days (Sept 26 - 30, 2014). What's your advice on purchasing the Roma Pass? Is it better than booking directly online (for the Colosseum, museums, etc.)?
      Any off the beaten path spots to see in Rome?

Also, we found an affordable apartment. We'll be staying at Holiday And Rome (in Piazza Tommaso De Cristoforis). Any feedback on this (location-wise, review, etc.)?

I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Thank you!

more
    • romemuseum.com-purchasing tours

by abaran82 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM

what are your thoughts on this service?

more
    • Electrical appliances

by flvantaggi Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I am aware we need a special adaptor for our electrical appliances but now hearing we may need a transformer too??
      My biggest concern is my Sleep Apnea Machine that I can't live without. Help!

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days in Rome

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I am visiting in mid October and have 3 full days for Rome (and 1 day for Pompeii as day trip from Rome).

Should I see Rome first for 3 days then head to Pompeii / the other way round or any views if this does not make a difference?

For 3 full days in Rome, how best can I maximise? I am planning to visit Vatican City, Collosseum, Pantheon amongst others - can someone give me some pointers?

I will be staying near Roma Termini - is everything walkable and any good recommendation for food?

more

Day trip to Pompeii from Rome

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I have full days in Rome and 1 full day for Pompeii. I would like to find out:

- the best route to get to Pompeii. I will be staying near Roma Termini. I checked this out but there are a couple of trains and I wasn't very sure of the station name in Pompeii. Do I head to Napoli first - again there are a few Napoli station

- if I have 1 full day, how is it best to maximise to see Pompeii? Do I get tickets in advance and is there any specific day that it is closed etc? Any specific tips would be helpful.

How much time do I have to allocate to get back to Rome? This will be in mid October - any tips on when sunsets and attractions close would help. Thanks :)

more
    • Restaurant

by IliasK Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I will be staying at the spanish steps next week in Rome
      Any ideas for nice italian restaurants, worth the visit in the area or in Rome in general
      Thank you
      Ilias

more
    • Clothing needed for touring

by flvantaggi Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM

What type of clothes will we need in Late October and Early November for touring? What type of clothes for a nice dinner?

more
    • SIT Bus Shuttle

by dpharr Online Now 5 hours ago

Hello,

My wife and I are scheduled to arrive at FCO 7:35 am.  2 questions related to scheduling the SIT Bus Shuttle:

• Is it necessary to pre-book seats on-line or can tickets be purchased on arrival?
      • The booking options on-line are for select times (every 45min).  Are the pre-booked ticket times firm?  For instance, if our flight is delayed, etc, will our ticket apply for another departure time?

Thanks for any help.

2 Answers 26 minutes ago
    • danes0602's Profile Photo

5 days in Rome

by danes0602 Online Now 17 hours ago

Hello fellow travelers! My friends and I will be in Rome for 5 days (Sept 26 - 30, 2014). What's your advice on purchasing the Roma Pass? Is it better than booking directly online (for the Colosseum, museums, etc.)?
      Any off the beaten path spots to see in Rome?

Also, we found an affordable apartment. We'll be staying at Holiday And Rome (in Piazza Tommaso De Cristoforis). Any feedback on this (location-wise, review, etc.)?

I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Thank you!

4 Answers 9 hours ago
    • Taxi from Fiumicino airport to Via Garibaldi, Trastevere

by NatasaT. Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Can I (and where, website?)pre-book taxi from the Fiumicino airport to Trastevere (Via Garibaldi)?
      What would be the fare?

4 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • Restaurant

by IliasK Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I will be staying at the spanish steps next week in Rome
      Any ideas for nice italian restaurants, worth the visit in the area or in Rome in general
      Thank you
      Ilias

8 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Electrical appliances

by flvantaggi Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I am aware we need a special adaptor for our electrical appliances but now hearing we may need a transformer too??
      My biggest concern is my Sleep Apnea Machine that I can't live without. Help!

6 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • romemuseum.com-purchasing tours

by abaran82 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM

what are your thoughts on this service?

5 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • Clothing needed for touring

by flvantaggi Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM

What type of clothes will we need in Late October and Early November for touring? What type of clothes for a nice dinner?

9 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 10:40 AM
    • JoyS59's Profile Photo

Rome at the end of July? Let's maybe do lunch?

by JoyS59 Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Would love to meet up with anyone who will be in Rome near the end of July? I will be there and would love to sit and have a snack/lunch/a conversation with you all.

Hope to hear from someone (or couple people!)

Thanks

4 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • Rome to Cortona by train

by cheltx Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Understand there are two stops near Cortona - Terontola or Camucia. Is one a better choice than the other? Are there buses/taxis from either to Cortona? Should we book the train in advance or just go from the airport in Rome to Termini Station and buy a ticket there? On the return trip, we have a morning flight back to the US and so will go back to Rome the day before. Can you recommend a hotel close to the Termini Station or are there actually airport hotels that would be a better choice? Thanks

2 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM
    • Men's incontinence products

by ehuckaby Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Where can I purchase there disposable underwear?

4 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 4:20 PM

3 days in Rome

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I am visiting in mid October and have 3 full days for Rome (and 1 day for Pompeii as day trip from Rome).

Should I see Rome first for 3 days then head to Pompeii / the other way round or any views if this does not make a difference?

For 3 full days in Rome, how best can I maximise? I am planning to visit Vatican City, Collosseum, Pantheon amongst others - can someone give me some pointers?

I will be staying near Roma Termini - is everything walkable and any good recommendation for food?

6 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Day trip to Pompeii from Rome

by tracyskf Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I have full days in Rome and 1 full day for Pompeii. I would like to find out:

- the best route to get to Pompeii. I will be staying near Roma Termini. I checked this out but there are a couple of trains and I wasn't very sure of the station name in Pompeii. Do I head to Napoli first - again there are a few Napoli station

- if I have 1 full day, how is it best to maximise to see Pompeii? Do I get tickets in advance and is there any specific day that it is closed etc? Any specific tips would be helpful.

How much time do I have to allocate to get back to Rome? This will be in mid October - any tips on when sunsets and attractions close would help. Thanks :)

6 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    • harissa's Profile Photo

Quel hotel?

by harissa Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Bonjour,je voudrais partir à Rome en Août prochain et je n'arrive pas à trouver un hôtel correct en matière de qualité-prix.
      Vous qui avez déjà visité Rome quel hôtel me recommandez-vous?

10 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM
    • Strike on the Roman Forum

by cindypochet Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Today the employees of the roman forum were on strike. Does anyone knows when it ends?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM
    • markman1's Profile Photo

bazaar knock offs

by markman1 Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I know we are not supposed to buy these but read that there are great knock off purses in rome does anyone have any knowledge of this

10 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • any video interviews of locals ?

by tommasomarinetti Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM

hello there
      I was wondering if there is any on line platform that gathers video interviews of people that live in Rome , just like this website : http://www.visitlondon.com/story
      it would be nice to see their environment and what they have to say about the city !

3 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 12:05 PM
    • Is Rome safe for women travellers?

by Snigdha Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Is Rome a safe place for only a group of women to travel alone. We are 3 planning to travel during October.
      Is it safe to stay in apartments advertised on websites like booking.com, Trip advisor etc.. Please suggest few safe apartments in the city center.

Thanks a million!

28 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 11:10 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

from fiumicino airport to Termini after 23.35

by mindcrime Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM

flight arrives in Fiumicino airport at 23.35 on thursday night,
      what are the options to reach the Termini station at that time and what is the cost of each option?
      taxi has a fixed price?

3 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • SadiaVanWyk's Profile Photo

Alone in Rome in November 3rd to 8th 2014

by SadiaVanWyk Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Hi, i am a single woman travelling to Rome in November for a week, 3rd to 8th.
      Is there anyone out there travelling at the same time, who would like to meet up.
      Im hesitent to try the nightlife alone! :-)

3 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • SIM card in Rome

by singlemalt Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Where can I get a SIM card for my cell phone, other than the airport?

3 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 10:01 PM
    • Best transportation from airport to hotel.

by mbmoran48 Online Now May 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM

What's the safest/least expensive way to get from the Rome/Fiumicino airport to the Hotel Artemida on a Saturday morning? The hotel does not provide a shuttle service and the airport website gives warning about taxis.

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • silentfish193350's Profile Photo

Places to eat in Rome

by silentfish193350 Online Now May 22, 2014 at 6:04 PM

We're going to Rome in June for the first time and seeking places where we can eat good food at reasonable prices and without being cheated since Italian language is all Greek to me. We stay near Bologna subway. Thanks for your help.

15 Answers May 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Private tours of Tuscani/Florence from Rome in June

by silentfish193350 Online Now May 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Can somebody give me suggestions about private tours of Tuscani/Florence from Rome. We look forward to see the beautiful scenary, some historical relics notably the Pisa tower and tasting wine and food? We are a group of 3.

15 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • hotel help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by talexan40 Online Now May 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I need help with a hotel in rome. out of the 3 have anyone stayed at the Marriott grand flora, hotel majestic roma, or boscolo palace roma. can someone give me some insight on which one is the best luxury, touristy hotel. your help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Answers May 23, 2014 at 4:15 AM

How to identify "genuine" taxi at the airport

by silentfish193350 Online Now May 19, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Having heard and seen quite a few stories about taxi scams, cons and pickpockets in this city, I wonder anyone show me how to identify a "genuine" taxi so that I can go safety from the airport to my hotel in central Rome one of these days. thanks a lot

14 Answers May 23, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • Hop on Hop off Tour Bus lIne

by COKERBEV Online Now May 18, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Which is the best to take and how much does it cost in US dollars for one person? Is this a great way to see all the tourist attractions once get off the cruise ship? Can you catch this bus from a short distance from the cruise?

7 Answers May 25, 2014 at 2:52 AM
    • Train to Monte Cassino

by arjun3161 Online Now May 18, 2014 at 5:10 AM

Which platform at Rome Termini station does the train to Monte Cassino normally leave from

9 Answers May 18, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Central Train Station & Tiburtina Station.

by Mikebb Online Now May 17, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I will be in Rome late June and intend to travel to Lugano.

I am informed that the train to Lugano departs Tiburtina Station for Milan and then connection for Lugano.

My query is the location of the station, does it adjoin Central Station or is it located elsewhere and do I need a taxi to get there.

I intend to book 4 nights accommodation close to Central Station.

3 Answers May 23, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • Hotel Cecil

by KorkyKatHat Online Now May 13, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Anyone familiar with this spot by the Roman Steppes?

4 Answers May 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    • fiumicino info needed on another item

by genebeans Online Now May 13, 2014 at 6:59 AM

If we miss our connectin in Rome is there help when we get off the plane.-It only happended t us one in Paris and they were wonderful and had people directing us to our new boarding pass and times etc and put us at ease about our luggage etc. Justin case we miss our connection in rome coming from the U.S. is there helo available when we get off the plane or do we have to go to a specific area and line etc-- Thanks-Gene

11 Answers May 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM