Rome Travel Answers

change location
clareabee's Profile Photo

Current weather in Rome

by clareabee Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Hi

We are arriving in Rome this Sunday for 5 nights. I am just wondering what the weather is currently like and what it is forecast to be like next week (I have looked on the internet but that isn't always right!) I don't want to bring a heavy weight winter coat and its really mild :-)

Thanks in advance,

Clare

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Current weather in Rome

by cgf Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

by riorich55 Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 6:34 AM

www.weather.com. Just key in the city you will be visiting anywhere in the world.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM

The weather websites are no more or less likely to be right than the predictions of VT-ers who live in Rome! :-)

I've been in Italy in Feb, more than once (in Rome and Florence, and further south..the Amalfi Coast). It's chilly when the sun goes down so although you may not need your heaviest coat, you'll certainly need a warmish one. The key for the rest of the time is to pack clothes you can layer, taking off layers as the day (hopefully) warms up. I have had some t-shirt days in February Italy, if only for two or three hours (the locals were still in their thick winter coats, scarves and thick woolly jumpers)....but I've also experienced sleet and night frosts.

• clareabee's Profile Photo

by clareabee Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM

thanks for all your replies. I was just planning on bringing a mac and some warm knitwear but may have to bring another more warmer coat - perhaps i will travel in that! - just trying to save room in the case :-)

Clare

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Just check the weather forecast tomorrow...then you can decide whether mac + woolly will do or whether travelling in your ticker coat will be better.

The BBC also has a Rome weather forecast, with estimated temps throughout each 24 hour period:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3169070

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines