Rome Travel Answers

change location

Ciampino to Via Della Frezza. Taxi or train or shuttle?

by Sunray-310 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Hi all!
Which is the cheapest easiest (fastest) way to get from the airport to central Rome? Is the neighborhood (Campo Marzo) pedestrian?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • Kaaskop85's Profile Photo

Re: Ciampino to Via Della Frezza. Taxi or train or shuttle?

by Kaaskop85 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM

On which airport do you arrive? If it's Fiumicino then you can take the train that brings you in about half an hour to Termini Station. From there you can take the metro. I think it's much cheaper than a taxi and you don't get stuck in traffic.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:19 AM

from Ciampino to Via della Frezza the easiest and fastest is taxi, let's say 35/40 minutes by taxi, but allow 1 hour if it's raining (in Rome it makes a lot of change) or if during rush hours. surely is not the cheapest but if you had luggage is maybe the most convenient.

you can also take a SIT or Terravision bus to Termini and then taxi/bus this is the cheapest

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo

by RoscoeGregg Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I agree with Kaaksop the train while it may be more expensive than the bus it is dead easy and fast. I am a bit of a cheepo but some times it is better to spend a little more and just get it done. This in my humble opinion is one of those times.

(I am assuming that you are landing at Fulminico)
    So the train is reliable quick and LOW stress. As a bounus you get to see a lot of backyard veg gardens on the way. The artichokes are just amazing.

If you take a taxi make sure your destination is inside the aurelian walls. If not you may be in for a big taxi charge.There is a set fee from the airport to areas inside the old walls. Not so for areas outside. 

Are you asking about the Via Di Campo Marzo? If so it isin a very pedestrian friendly area of Rome.

Happy Trails,

Randy

Be the first to rate this answer!

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Cheapest and fastest rarely go together, I'm afraid.

As you are arriving at Ciampino forget the train...you'll need bus or taxi to get from the airport to Ciampino railway station. Just take either the Terravision bus:

terravision.eu/rome_ciampino...

or the Sitbus bus:

http://www.sitbusshuttle.com/

both are reliable, both run regular services, both will take you from just outside Arrivals to Rome Termini station.

You can book online in advance if you wish (the Sitbus site is undergoing maintenance at the time of writing this, but you can book when it's back up again) or just buy a ticket when you arrive from the booths in the Arrivals area. The chances of the bus being absolutely full are small.

I've always used Terravision simply because the times fitted best with my arrival and departure times (I use them back to the airport as well). They are perfectly ok.

• Re: Ciampino to Via Della Frezza. Taxi or train or shuttle?

by Sunray-310 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM

And how much would a taxi cost from termini to that address? I know it's about a 35 min walk (and I don't want to think about it) but I have no idea what are the taxi charges in the center of Rome.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I can't help with taxis, I'm afraid...I hardly ever take them and certainly never in Rome.

You could take the Metro from Termini to Spagna Metro station and then walk to Via Della Frezza. Maybe around 15 minutes?

Metro map here:

http://www.rome.info/metro/

That would certainly be the cheapest option. By car it's about 10 minutes (in theory) so maybe 15 euro (more if traffic is heavy)?

But there is a fixed-rate fare from Ciampino to locations within the Aurelian Walls: 30 euro, according to the official airport website:

http://www.adr.it/pax-cia-taxi

so if you are going to take a taxi for part of the journey maybe you might as well take it for the whole journey? I wouldn't...I'd use Terravision ad the Metro and my feet...but it might suit you to do so. :-)

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM

leics you forgot this link

roma.paginegialle.it/lazio/r...

• Re: Ciampino to Via Della Frezza. Taxi or train or shuttle?

by Sunray-310 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Thank you very much! xx

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Why would I wish to link local taxi firms, cgf? There are always plenty of taxis waiting outside Arrivals at Ciampino (as there are at all airports). :-)

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

why? you've missed! ;))))))

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines