change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• AMADEUSBAHR's Profile Photo

New Year 2014/2015

Geneva Apr 9, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Border Swiss-France: What is the best place (city) to stay in December 31 ?
      Around Geneve and/or some french cities in the border.
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • Ddbuehner's Profile Photo

Visiting Basel for one day....

Basel Apr 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I wish it were a longer stay but I will only be in this wonderful city for 1 day. What would be the best way for my husband and I to spend the day? Also, we will be staying at the Hilton, going on a viking river cruise. Any suggestions on transportation from Hilton to river would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • snow around mid-April near Locarno

Locarno Apr 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Where can we expect to find snow around mid-April near Locarno

more
    • Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

Locarno Apr 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Monte Costa or Monte Rasa or Monte Comino

which one is much better. or is it worth to see all of them in one day

more
    • maxwellmanning@hotmail.com

Lugano Mar 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM

3 adults travelling by bus to menaggio do they allow cases

more
    • transportation

Saint Moritz Mar 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM

how close is muottas muragl from st moritz

more
    • getting to Soazza from Merano Italy by train

Soazza Mar 23, 2014 at 7:35 AM

how do we do that?

more
    • Lugano on a Sunday in May

Lugano Mar 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM

We are 3 women freinds meeting after 7 years apart. Arrive sunday mid-morning by train and leave monday afternoon. On a budget for hotel and don't like hughe business like hotels but would like breakfast on Monday. Spa life makes talking and sharing hard so that's out. Brunch in a lovely Restaurant on Sunday is a must. With nice weather the Park Civico or Mont Bre? Boat ride? Any Museums open on Sunday? We are all different when it comes to sport levels so hiking is out. Shopping on Monday what else?
      Any suggestions on hotels, activities etc?

more
    • Break journey in Zurich for 4 days

Zürich Yesterday

I am planning a break journey in Zurich for 4 days. How can I organize tours possibly to cover some places in Switzerland for about 2 days and possibly around Munich for 1.5 days?

more
    • Buses between Menaggio and Lugano

Lugano Yesterday

I hope to travel from Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy to Lugano May 2014. My intention is to travel by bus. While I am aware there are buses between these destinations, I am not sure which bus service does the trips to and from Italy or where in Menaggio or Lugano the buses arrive and depart from.
      Could someone help with this information and the cost for a round trip please?
      Thank you in advance of your help.
      Judith

more
    • where to stay near Zermatt

Zermatt Apr 16, 2014 at 2:10 AM

As we are fairly dependent on our car I would like to know of a nearby village that we could access by car and try to get some of the Zermatt atmosphere

more
    • Lay over visa

Zürich Apr 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I have to fly through zurich which is a 5 hour lay over , i would not be going outside th airport do i still need a transit visa for layovers in zurich . Im flying to India And carry a indian passport and expired US visa as my status has changed from student to working .

Thank you

more
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Lugano and William Tell Express

Lugano Mar 25, 2014 at 6:03 AM

We have three nights in Lugano in mid-May. I had planned two days of walks and maybe a little sailing, but then noticed the William Tell Express. Would it be worth it to spend one day doing the WT as a round trip - or are the views in Lugano somewhat representative of the rest of the trip? We will be coming from Milan.
      Any extra comments or Lugano tips welcome. ps. we are not nightclubbers.

Thanks

more
    • Lucerne-Murren Swiss Flexi Pass Day Travel

Mürren 14 hours ago

Hi All,
      We are in Lucerne and travelling to Murren tomorrow. We will be staying there for 3 days. We have a Swiss Felx Pass for 4 days (non consecutive). We will be validating the pass tomorrow for our travel to Murren. I am aware that it takes around 3 hours to reach Murren from Lucerne. So if we were to make an early start around 8-9AM, then is there something we can visit tomorrow before/after checking in our Murren hotel. This will allow us to maximise the usage of our Swiss pass.
      Also, can you please advise what can we do in Murren for the other 2 days without using the Swiss pass ? For one of the days we have booked a Paragliding experience. We were were planning to hike the village of Gimmewald. Any other suggestions ?
      Appreciate your help.
      Cheers,
      Mo

more
    • swiss pass and tell pass comparision

Switzerland 20 hours ago

Read about tell pass in one of the commmunications.and it can be used in lucerne region . We are a family of 4 aged 53,48,23,& 15and we will be staying in lucerne for 5 nights and want to go to mt jungfrouch Rhine falls also mt titlis and matherhorn.can all these destinations will be covered by using tell pass or swiss saver pass with one youth pass and one family card will be abetter option

more
    • What type of pass or card to buy

Switzerland Apr 14, 2014 at 11:12 PM

We are a family of four (ages : 52, 48, 21 and 15.)
      We are staying in Lucerne for 5 days.
      So what kind of pass should we opt for ? I read that kids get free travel on family card.
      What does flexi pass do ? Etc.
      All this talk about cards and pass is confusing , so could you please advice on what will be the cheapest option for us ? We are staying for a long time so we can actually cover most of it.
      Thank you

more
    • Andermatt or Interlaken travelling with a 6 year old and a 1.5 year old

Andermatt Apr 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM

we are planning to drive from Switzerland into Italy. Im not sure where to start from Andermatt or Interlaken? Im looking for scenic drives and also want to stay in either Andermatt or interlaken for few days and explore the area, visit local farms, see cheesemaking, Chocalte making etc. Anyone have expeirence in these areas? our next stop will be Lugano/Lake como after switzerland so any routes you can suggest in particular. Which area would be best for scenic drives and to stay in and for kids ?

more
    • suggestion for visiting Switzerland in 3-4 days

Switzerland Apr 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Hey,

I will be visitng from Italy (Milan) to Zurich with my wife at may 28, 2014.
      My switzerland trip would be of 3 nights stay as follows:

Day 1: Arrival from milan (Italy) to Zurich at 18:00 hrs by train, night stay at zurich
      Day 2: Visit to Rhine Falls and city tour in zurich, Travel to lucerne and night stay in lucerne
      Day 3: travel from lucerne to engelberg to Mt.Titlis, travel to geneva and night stay at geneva
      Day 4: city tour at Geneva and travel to france (toulon)

Please suggest how should we plan our journey?
      1- Is it really worth to buy a Swiss pass for 3 days traveling in switzerland?
      2- or should we visit by point to point tickets of trains?
      3- where should we stay in switzerland? zurich or lucerne? we have to stay 3 nights

if buying a pass is suitable then what other advantages can we get using these passes? advantages like visiting some other places, mountains, museums, trains etc within these 3 days?

Also, the major attractions we would like to visit include:
      1. Rheinfalls, for which I will be staying in Zurich at night?
      2. Mount Titlis (how should i reach mount titlis from lucerne? the route, trains and tickets ?
      3. Lake Geneva

more
    • Wengen in the Summer

Wengen Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Just a quick question. Do you think Wengen would be a good place to visit in August with a 5 and 1 year old? So sick of beach holidays and fancy trying something new this year. Thanks in advance!

more
    • 1 hour 45 minutes layover

Zürich Mar 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Hello,

I'm travelling from NY, US to Athens,GR (I have a EU passport) with a connection flight though Zurich airport. I have 1 and 45 minutes layover. DO you think is enough, considering the fact that I'll have my 3 year old son with me?

more
    • customs time needed

Zürich Mar 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM

flying into zurich with SWISS airlines and flying out with another airline to Athens. I have a 2 and a 1/2 hour window between landing and take off will this be enough time?

more
    • Visitor Visa of Germany but Arrival to/Departure from Zurich?

Zürich Apr 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM

I live in Germany and invited my mother on Visitor Visa. She go the visa in Germany. As I live near to Switzerland in Germany, so it booking the flights to Zurich is more convenient for us.
      My Question is that can she arrive at Zurich and depart from Zurich though she has Visitor Visa for Germany? Or does she need to Land in Germany first?

more
    • ferry service

Küsnacht Mar 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM

I have been offered accommodation in Horgen and hope that there is a ferry link between Horgen and Kusnacht ?

Is there a direct ferry or does one change at Meilen ?

Is it quicker to use the train to Meilen then cross to Horgen by ferry I wonder ?

many thanks

David

more
    • Staying at Benedictine Monastery (St John's) in Mustair

Müstair Mar 29, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Hello, I was wondering if there's anyone out there that has stayed at the monastery in Mustair. I know they offer 9 rooms as guesthouse but I don't know much else. I'd like to know the following:
      1) what is the room rate per day, are meals included. If not, how far is it from the monastery to get food? Are there grocery stores nearby, if so are they open till late to get dinner?
      2) what are the rooms like? Is there a bathroom (toilet and shower) in each of the rooms or are they shared? If so, how many toilets/shower facilities are there?
      3) what was is it like staying at the guesthouse? ie: noise level (can you hear the other person clear their throat in the other room), security (do each of the rooms have individual locks that are secure), is it OK to go up to nuns and chat with them and do they join you for meals etc?
      4) is it a family oriented environment or would you recommend it for single travelers, especially females?
      5) in what form do you make payments? Swiss Francs, Euro, do they accept credit cards or cash only? Do you have to pay everything up front or down payment? What is the maximum length of stay that is allowed per visit?

If there's any other tid bits of info that I haven't covered here, I'd like to hear them as well. I know that it may be best to ask the guesthouse directly, but from the official website that I have found, they don't seem to speak English that well. Also, I'd much rather get a first hand account so I know what it's really like. Thank you for any help on this in advance.

more
    • Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

Interlaken Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

more

Near Romanshorn