Romania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dracula shopping?

Targoviste Apr 10, 2014 at 4:13 AM

I'm in targoviste for the first time, the guidebooks said this is one of the Romanian towns that has capitalized on the Dracula connection the most. I'm a vampire fan, and I like to find cute little gift shops to buy this stuff, but I'm not having any luck. What area of town do I go to?

more
    • Wool shops

Bucharest Mar 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Is there anywhere in Bucharest I can buy wool for knitting.

more
    • Please, give me an advice ...

Bucharest Yesterday

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • SoumyaB's Profile Photo

Confused regarding tour plan

Romania Mar 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hi...
      Could anyone please give me an idea on how much time I should keep aside to visit these places: Bucharest, Sighisoara, Brasov, Timisoara or Cluj. We would like if any of you can provide us with a definite tour plan. We would also like to include some other places inside Romania and maybe Budapest and/or Prague. Our journey would be of 12 days approximately. Also being students we would like to travel with a tight budget,
      SB

more
    • Please, give me an advice ...

Bucharest Yesterday

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

3 Answers Yesterday
    • Dracula shopping?

Targoviste Apr 10, 2014 at 4:13 AM

I'm in targoviste for the first time, the guidebooks said this is one of the Romanian towns that has capitalized on the Dracula connection the most. I'm a vampire fan, and I like to find cute little gift shops to buy this stuff, but I'm not having any luck. What area of town do I go to?

• SoumyaB's Profile Photo

Confused regarding tour plan

Romania Mar 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hi...
      Could anyone please give me an idea on how much time I should keep aside to visit these places: Bucharest, Sighisoara, Brasov, Timisoara or Cluj. We would like if any of you can provide us with a definite tour plan. We would also like to include some other places inside Romania and maybe Budapest and/or Prague. Our journey would be of 12 days approximately. Also being students we would like to travel with a tight budget,
      SB

3 Answers 23 hours ago
    • Wool shops

Bucharest Mar 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Is there anywhere in Bucharest I can buy wool for knitting.

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

What is the best route to take from Bucharest/Brasov to Chisinau?

Romania Mar 13, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Hello all
      I would prefer to do this route over land if possible rather then by flight. Are there some cities along the way which would be worth visiting for a night or more? Such as Iasi, Bacau, Galati etc?...
      I'm guessing a lot of the cheaper accomodation options around these parts aren't listed on the internet. Would I be better off arriving on the day and searching for a nice guesthouse/hostel/b&b option?
      Thanks everyone!
      DG

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 3:49 AM
    • Penhalley5's Profile Photo

Looking for a Farm Stay as guests

Romania Feb 5, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Hello friendly travelers, My friend and I will be in Fagaras, Romania by the 13th of Feb. The next night; on the 14th, we have an open night and hoping to find a working farm to stay on, as guests where we will be put up, fed and can observe and enjoy all the authentic culture. (We are not a couple, but can share a room if need be). We read about this kind of thing on Trip Adviser, but people had said they would offer details of where they got to stay, only to have Trip Advisor delete the info.. ? So, I'm hoping this forum will allow details. We are willing to go any direction, out of Fagaras, for this farm stay. The distance within 3 hours would be doable. We have no car, as we are backpacking and are relying on rail, buses and Taxis. ( only taxis in the rural areas). From Fagaras, we travel to Sighisoara...so going that direction would be a plus, but not necessary. Wr actually heard of a couple who stayed on a farm in Crit, but could find no information to contact them and inquire. Thx so much for the help

1 Answer Feb 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    • animsoc's Profile Photo

NEED HELP FAST! Please!

Bucharest Jan 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM

This is gona sound like a weird question but, where can I buy some Christmas tree lights in Bucharest like, NOW?

Explanation: I packed my Christmas tree and came to Bucharest to celebrate a late Christmas with printesa mea. But tonight as I was setting it up .. all the lights on it blew! I think it was the difference in voltage/amperage. So anyway, I need to get some new lights now! Anyway know where I can find some? Va rog! Si .. multmuesc mult!

2 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • re. Bar Perla (cafe Perla) Bvd. Unirii, nr 16,

Sibiu Jan 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM

To whom it may concern,
      Do you know or visited a bar in Sibiu called Bar Perla (cafe Perla);
      address Bvd. Unirii, nr 16, Sibiu.
      Thank you,

Alon

6 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Traffic going from the airport to the city center

Bucharest Jan 14, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The last time I was in Bucuresti, I got a ride from Otopeni to the hotel in Pantelimon. Traffic was HORRIBLE along 1/E60 so the driver turned off on Soseaua de centuri and we FLEW all the way to 3. Is this typical traffic for vineri around 1500? I'm trying to decide whether to go to the hotel first (it's near Unirii) or pick up Cosy first and THEN go there. If I go to the hotel, shower and change, it might be 1800 before I can get to pick her up and I remember traffic at that hour in the city center was a disaster. Any recommendations? Mersi!

~ John

5 Answers Yesterday
    • smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Between Baia Mare and Timisoara

Romania Jan 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Hello!
      Can anybody recommend any stops on a road journey between these two places?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    • smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Between Sighisoara to Suceava

Romania Jan 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Hello!
      Can anybody recommend any good stops on a drive between these two destinations?
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 27, 2014 at 1:35 AM
    • schools in brasov

Brasov Jan 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM

hi, im looking into relocating to brasov with my family. can anyone tell me which are the best schools in brasov?

thanks

3 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Airport Wifi

Bucharest Jan 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Hello all! Well, it's been 2 years but I am headed back to Romania! :)) Something that goofed me up last time was not having a phone to use. So I wanted to ask if there's a way to get a cheap prepaid phone maybe at the airport or something? I don't need much .. just something to text with. I have a smartphone but it's not on the same frequency as Europe. I do have skype on it but obviously that only works with an internet connection. After arrival, I'm going to pick up the rental car and go straight to pick up Cosmina and just need to let her know that I'm on the way so maybe, if there's dependable wifi at Otopeni, I could use skype from there to send an SMS to her phone? We could figure out a phone later I guess. I seriously don't remember what wifi was like there when I was there in 2012 .. or if there were prepaid phones for sale.

Any info is appreciated. I leave in 2 weeks! Can't wait!!! :D

~ John

11 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • RRI's Profile Photo

Attractions for teenagers in Suceava

Suceava Dec 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Hi!
      what kind of water sports or Aqua park in in Suceava area
      or any kind of sports activities good for teenagers (12,13,15)
      tnx
      RRI

1 Answer Dec 29, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • how much to tip?

Brasov Dec 9, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I am taking a day tour to 3 castles from brasov. I understand that tips is expected for the tour guide. Coming from country where tipping is not the norm, can someone advise how much should the the tip be. I dont want to offend the guide by giving too little or "offending" me by giving too much :)

6 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 9:07 PM
    • Constanta Romania

Constanta Nov 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM

arriving by cruise ship, heard that Constanta is not worth doing a walking tour, city is not very nice to visit, is that true? Other option is doing a ships tour.

2 Answers 23 hours ago
    • Interesting new travel guide to Romania

Romania Nov 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Hello,

after organizing several international paragliding events in Romania, we have put together the answers to the questions our competitors asked us about Romania and some other info and issued the 3rd edition of our Independent's Traveler Guide to Romania which, we think, might be very useful to people interested in traveling in Romania, especially because it contains a lot of info and hints that you are not going to find in other/conventional guides.

You can download it for free from the homepage of www.logisticpartner.ro

Best regards,

Matteo

• piniy's Profile Photo

Bucharest - Otopeni airport night taxi

Bucharest Nov 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Will be living Minreva hotel to Otopeni airport on November 27 flight scheduled 06:00 AM gruop of 4. Therefore need a taxi at 03:00 AM. Is it a problem order cabs by night from hotel? Night fare?

5 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • Winter weather

Sinaia Nov 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Hello!
      My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Sinaia to see the Peles castle and watch the beautiful scenery, and was thinking of maybe going in January. However, I am a bit worried that it might be freezing at that time of year. Does anyone know what the temperature and wind conditions are likely to be in this area in January?
      I would also be grateful if anyone knows wether it is suitable to explore some of the surrounding area by foot, or if one needs skis.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    • Winter holiday in Sinaia

Romania Oct 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Hello,
      We are a group planning to spend a week in Sinaia in February.
      We are interested in activities like snowmobile ride, snowshoes walking and also wish to take private ski lessons.
      Unfortunately, I was unable to find sufficient information on your site.
      Can you please help getting some info about all these things?
      Thanks a lot!

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    • on time train brasov to bucharest

Romania Oct 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I have a flight outof otopeni at 2pm mid december(cant miss this). I plan to take a train from brasov 7.10 arriving bucharest 10.04 the same morning and then take a bus to airport. I know no one can predict the weather on that day but in general how reliable is the train on this route in december? Would I be better off taking an earlier train (It's at 5.10 arriving bucharest 8.30) or is there a bus that goes direct from brasov to otopeni?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    • a driver form boyany chernivetske oblast to Gura humorului

Gura Humorului Oct 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM

A driver form boyany chernivetske oblast to Gura humorului my great grant parents lived there and I wand to visit the place

• what better way to travel oradea-budapest?

Oradea Oct 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Hello.
      We are a group of 6 students in oradea.
      We would like to know what is the cheapest way to go to Budapest.
      Someone can help us?

best regards

4 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    • davesut's Profile Photo

Beach holiday on teh Black Sea Coast

Romania Oct 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Do you think we should have a summer beach holiday in Romania? Required nice beaches, not too busy, no desire for nightlife. All thoughts welcome.
      Cheers, Dave

3 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Souvenirs in Bucharest??

Bucharest Oct 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Where in BUcharest can I find some souvenirs like fridge magnets...t- shirts..postcards etc???Many thanks!

5 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    • CrinaD's Profile Photo

Inchiriere apartamente

Constanta Sep 20, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Hello!
      I'm a Romanian who's looking for a flat rental for a month and half in Constanta. The real estate companies in Constanta weren't to much helpful, therefore, I'm seeking for private owners. Could you help me with this please?

2 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    • ArgentineTraveller's Profile Photo

About taxi and accomodation in Cluj Napoca

Cluj-Napoca Sep 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Dear all,

I am travelling to Cluj Napoca in December. It will be my first time in Romania. I would like to know:
      a) is there a safe way of travelling from the airport to the city center? (a particular taxi or company?)
      b) I am staying for about 15 days, attending to meetings at Tech. Univ. of cluj Napoca. Is there any 3-star hotel nearby that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.!

Carlos

1 Answer Oct 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • Shipment of personal belongings from Manassas VA to Bucharest ROMANIA

Romania Sep 17, 2013 at 6:35 AM

1) Do you ship personal belongings in 3-4 boxes (appx 20"x20"x20") from USA,Virginia to Bucharest/Romania if by air or Constantza/Romania if by ocean ?
      2) Do you handle air freight and ocean freight ?
      3) Can you send me an informative quotation: rate per lb and per dimension of box

I have not yet finalized the packing.

Please respond urgently to domghim@aol.com

THANK YOU

2 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    • Romanian gifts

Romania Sep 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Leaving for Romania, is it fairly easy to find authentic local crafts to bring home?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • long term accomodation

Bucharest Sep 5, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I am about to relocate in Bucharest and I am looking for any links to rent a flat without using a real agent.

Thank you

Dimitrios

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 6:23 AM