Romania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tour of area from B&B

Sighetu Marmatiei Jul 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Is there an hotel or B&B that offers tour of region to include Merry Cemetery?

more
    • gropster's Profile Photo

planning a tour

Romania Jul 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM

thanks for all the feedbacks. if someone know the best way for this question...let me have it. should i plan different tours when i arrive at bucharest and sibiu or plan the tours on-line.

more
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Romanian seaside / riviera ? Which places?

Romania Jul 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM

Hello,
      I thought of visit the Black Sea in late summer/September and wanted to ask travelers: Which places on the Romanian seaside are nicest? And can easily reached by public transport? Does Constanta have a lot to offer?
      The place should have a nice clean sea, nature, but also a safe and lively old town / places to visit nearby? Does this exist or should I choose another destination/country?

Thanks for your help.

more
    • smithmikolajczyk's Profile Photo

Travel to Romania - What to see?

Romania Jul 7, 2015 at 5:08 AM

Hi, I'm going to Romania. There living my brother (Clluj), I heard that north Romania is very beautyful but, what else I can go in Romania (north and central)

more

Taxi question

Bucharest Jul 5, 2015 at 6:40 PM

is it safer to have the hotel assistant/front desk employee call a taxi cab for a customer.

more

money currency

Romania Jul 5, 2015 at 6:15 PM

visiting romania...is the currency Euro or Ron

more
    • bracco's Profile Photo

bucarest in july

Bucuresti Jul 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM

dear friends,

a lady friend of mine about 45 is coming to bucarest from 16 to 22 july.
      she is travelling from italy with a friend.

difficult, she says, to understand where to stay and what to see.
      May I ask yoir help?
      bracco

more
    • How to get to Satu Mare

Oradea Jul 4, 2015 at 12:13 PM

mi doresc să călătorească de la Oradea la Satu Mare cu autobuzul. Au pe nimeni orice informații cu privire la punctul de plecare al serviciului, costul biletului și durata călătoriei

more
    • babettu's Profile Photo

15 Day Itinerary

Romania Jul 15, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Hi, me and my wife will be spending 2 weeks in Romania, from the 18th August to the 1st September, arriving and departing at Otopeni airport.
      We will be spending our first 2 nights and our last night in Bucharest. We will be renting a car. We would like to visit Transylvania and Bucovina and also the Danube Delta. Does anyone have any suggestions about the route we can take and any interesting places we can visit?
      We are interested in visiting, historical sites, nature, villages etc.
      Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Regards
      Stephen

more

Currency question

Bucharest Jul 5, 2015 at 6:42 PM

i am from the U.S.; visiting romania for the first time.  what is the currency in romania?  Euro or Ron?

more
    • babettu's Profile Photo

15 Day Itinerary

Romania Jul 15, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Hi, me and my wife will be spending 2 weeks in Romania, from the 18th August to the 1st September, arriving and departing at Otopeni airport.
      We will be spending our first 2 nights and our last night in Bucharest. We will be renting a car. We would like to visit Transylvania and Bucovina and also the Danube Delta. Does anyone have any suggestions about the route we can take and any interesting places we can visit?
      We are interested in visiting, historical sites, nature, villages etc.
      Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Regards
      Stephen

8 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    • bracco's Profile Photo

bucarest in july

Bucuresti Jul 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM

dear friends,

a lady friend of mine about 45 is coming to bucarest from 16 to 22 july.
      she is travelling from italy with a friend.

difficult, she says, to understand where to stay and what to see.
      May I ask yoir help?
      bracco

6 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 11:08 AM
    • smithmikolajczyk's Profile Photo

Travel to Romania - What to see?

Romania Jul 7, 2015 at 5:08 AM

Hi, I'm going to Romania. There living my brother (Clluj), I heard that north Romania is very beautyful but, what else I can go in Romania (north and central)

5 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM

planning a tour

Romania Jul 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM

thanks for all the feedbacks. if someone know the best way for this question...let me have it. should i plan different tours when i arrive at bucharest and sibiu or plan the tours on-line.

2 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Currency question

Bucharest Jul 5, 2015 at 6:42 PM

i am from the U.S.; visiting romania for the first time.  what is the currency in romania?  Euro or Ron?

13 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Taxi question

Bucharest Jul 5, 2015 at 6:40 PM

is it safer to have the hotel assistant/front desk employee call a taxi cab for a customer.

5 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 3:28 AM

money currency

Romania Jul 5, 2015 at 6:15 PM

visiting romania...is the currency Euro or Ron

5 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 6:40 AM
    • Tour of area from B&B

Sighetu Marmatiei Jul 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Is there an hotel or B&B that offers tour of region to include Merry Cemetery?

• How to get to Satu Mare

Oradea Jul 4, 2015 at 12:13 PM

mi doresc să călătorească de la Oradea la Satu Mare cu autobuzul. Au pe nimeni orice informații cu privire la punctul de plecare al serviciului, costul biletului și durata călătoriei

6 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 1:29 AM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Romanian seaside / riviera ? Which places?

Romania Jul 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM

Hello,
      I thought of visit the Black Sea in late summer/September and wanted to ask travelers: Which places on the Romanian seaside are nicest? And can easily reached by public transport? Does Constanta have a lot to offer?
      The place should have a nice clean sea, nature, but also a safe and lively old town / places to visit nearby? Does this exist or should I choose another destination/country?

Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 12:59 PM
    • Făgăraș Ridge

Romania Jun 24, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Hello,

we are planning to hike the Făgăraș Ridge in August and are wondering if there are any possibilities to wash dirty laundry in the huts (cabanas).

Thanks in advance,
      V.D.

1 Answer Jun 26, 2015 at 2:47 PM
    • Reni Ukraine

Galati Jun 19, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Is it still not possible to walk across the borders to Reni?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2015 at 1:42 PM
    • i day tour in brasov to include bran castle

Brasov Jun 11, 2015 at 2:37 AM

hi, we arrive in brasov at 08.19 by train and depart same day at 18.00. What can we fit in in this time?
      philip

4 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    • CristianG.'s Profile Photo

Oravita, Caras-Severin, Romania

Judetul Caras-Severin May 18, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Hi! Cristian Ghinea my name. I would like to add Oraviţa city located in Romania as a tourist attraction location. What should I do?

2 Answers May 18, 2015 at 11:23 PM
    • Guest house etiquette

Romania May 18, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Looking to stay at a guesthouse in Maramures. Is it polite or even expected to bring a gift? If so, is there something someone could recommend? Is something alcoholic ok? I am from Kentucky so thought maybe bourbon would be nice

7 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    • Trek in Cluj

Cluj-Napoca May 1, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm a leader of a youth movement and this summer we will go to Cluj-Napoca in Romania for two weeks. We are a group of twelfth girls - 9 are sixteen end three twenty years old.

I'd like to do a trek with them. This trek should last three days at most.
      Can you recommend something to visit to me, please?

Thank you in advance,
      Elodie

3 Answers May 18, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Living fires - Andreiasu de Jos , Lopatari

Romania Apr 22, 2015 at 2:06 AM

I found two interesting places that I want to visit. Even one be enough, But I cannot find any information from somebody who've been there. If anybody knows how to get there or even go with a tour from the neighborhood?

We are two, driving a car, want to stay a night nearby, coming in the end of May from Suceava to Bucharest.

Any help will be appreciated.

2 Answers May 12, 2015 at 11:20 AM
    • Maramures, Romania

Judetul Maramures Mar 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Hello all, I am thinking of visiting Romania for the second time. I visited Bucharest, Sibiu, Sighasoara (sp) and Brasov the first time. I was interested in visiting the Maramures area during this visit (as well as back to Brasov since it was only a short time there). Can anyone provide tips for visiting this area? I plan on getting a guide for us. But wondering if certain town/villages are better for tourists than others. We are interested in history and culture, so anything such as the fortified churches, castles, arts/crafts and music are top of our list. Also for consideration is travel time. I myself would prefer not to be many hours in a car on rutted roads but spending several hours on a train is not an issue.

Anything that can be provided on this or the Saxon triangle is greatly appreciated!

6 Answers May 31, 2015 at 4:22 PM
    • Taxi from Avrig to Balea Waterfall

Romania Mar 25, 2015 at 3:43 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the cost of a taxi from Avrig to Balea waterfall. Couldn't find any E-mail online and when I tried to call a few companies the person who answered the phone couldn't speak English. Is there any way to pre-book it? Could someone help please?

3 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 7:17 AM
    • RolandWohlfart's Profile Photo

border crossing to Ukraine, from Galati to Reni ??

Galati Mar 14, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Hi, everybody !
      Can anyone please tell me whether it is possible crossing the border from Galati (Romania), transit Moldavia without Visa, then crossing border Moldavia-Ukraine by foot only ??

Or it is better to take a public bus, if possible ??

3 Answers Apr 11, 2015 at 4:46 PM
    • late night otopeni to brasov

Brasov Mar 13, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi

What are my options regarding getting to brasov from otopeni airport late at night – say around 1030pm (on a Thursday night in may)

Any help would be great.

Thanks
      Jeremy

3 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Visit Scarisoara Ice Cave

Romania Mar 12, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Have anyone been to Scarisoara Ice Cave ? Is it possible to visit without tour? How can it be reached- we'll be staying in Cluj and driving the car?

1 Answer Mar 23, 2015 at 1:44 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Logistic question

Bucharest Mar 6, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Hi,

I am planning a one and a half week vacation in Romania in September. I will be traveling by myself. My itinerary is Bucharest, Brasov, Rasnov, Bran castle, Sighisoara, and Sibiu. I also want to see the Bucovina painted monasteries. However, I am not sure if I have enough time, even if I allocate two weeks for Romania, if I include the Bucovina painted monasteries. I am wondering if one and a half week is sufficient to cover all the places mentioned. Is there a bus or train system that connects all these places? I am not a good driver so I prefer not to drive. Finally, is there an airport in Sighisoara or Sibiu?

Thank you

6 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Need advice - 2 weeks itenary

Romania Mar 5, 2015 at 1:03 PM

I have a first draft of my Romanian itenary. My husband and I are flying to Bucharest and renting a car. actually we have 18 full days, but we want to leave 4 days for Serbia, so this is the plan.

1-2. From airport we take the car and go to Brasov for 2 nights

3-4. 2 nights in Sigishoara

5. one night in Suceava, we want to see painted monasteries

6-8 Going to Cluj for 3 nights, first day here will be a lot of driving - we are making a detour to Sapanta

9-10 Sibui

11 Timisoara

12-15 Serbia

16 long road to Sinaia.

17-18 Bucharest

Meanwhile it looks a little bit frightening even for me :)

Especially that I heard that travelling by Romanian roads can be very slow.

Meanwhile I checked times on google, and hope it'll be close to real. And I realize that sometimes we'll have pretty long hours in the car.

So what do you think? Any suggestions (except that I'm crazy, that are old news) are welcome :)

12 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Car or no car in the city?

Bucharest Mar 3, 2015 at 3:39 AM

Hi everybody,
      I'll be coming in May to Romania and want to rent a car to see the country. But first/last couple of days I'll spend in Bucharest. So I wonder - maybe it's better to take the car later and return it earlier? How is traffic/ parking/ is it difficult to get from/to the airport? Our flights will be in the late evening hours, so what transportation is possible after 9 p.m.?
      Thank you beforehand ...

5 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Car or no car in the city?

Bucharest Mar 3, 2015 at 3:39 AM

Hi everybody,
      I'll be coming in May to Romania and want to rent a car to see the country. But first/last couple of days I'll spend in Bucharest. So I wonder - maybe it's better to take the car later and return it earlier? How is traffic/ parking/ is it difficult to get from/to the airport? Our flights will be in the late evening hours, so what transportation is possible after 9 p.m.?
      Thank you beforehand ...

8 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 11:54 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Private Drivers from Brasov

Romania Jan 29, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Hi again

Based on the answers to my earlier question regarding itinerary in Transylvania we have decided to go to Brasnov by train and stay two nights there and do day trips from there by private drivers.

We will arrive 8 p.m. or later and want to leave early the next morning. Are the private drivers ordinary taxi drivers who we will find all over Brasov (we will stay close to the main square in the old town), or do we have to find a travel agency? We would like to arrange the transportation the the first evening, and not the next morning.

We do also ONLY want to arrange and negotiate the transportation on site in Brasov, we do NOT want to make a booking online in advance.

Thanks.

BR
      LEna

• Russe to Constanta

Romania Jan 28, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Can we travel by water -ferry from Russe to Constanta?

1 Answer Jan 28, 2015 at 11:11 PM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Transylvania by Car

Romania Jan 17, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Hi My daughter and I have booked a five days trip to Bucharest and Transylvania this Easter. For our Transylvania road trip we have some questions we hope someone can help us with. We have two scenarios for the road trip:

Scenario 1: 

Day 1:

Land at Bukarest Otopeni at 3 p.m. and pick up the car. 

Drive to Sinaia and spend the night

Day 2:

Visit Peles Castle

Visit Bran Caste

Visit Rasnov Fortress

(Visit Brasov)

Visit Viscri

Spend the night in Sighisoara

Day 3:

Visit Sighisoara

(Visit Sibiu)

Visit Vidraru Dam

Drive Transfagarasan Highway

(Visit Poenari Fortress)

Drop off car in Bucharest

Scenario 2: 

Day 1:

Land at Bukarest Otopeni at 3 p.m. and pick up the car

Drive to Sinaia and spend the night

Day 2:

Visit Peles Castle

Visit Bran Caste Visit Rasnov Fortress Visit Brasov Spend the night in Brasov

Day 3:

Visit Făgăraş

Visit Sambata de Sus

Visit Vidraru Dam

Drive Transfagarasan Highway

(Visit Poenari Fortress)

Drop off car in Bucharest

Questions:

1. Is scenario 1 above doable during the time we have?  This is the one we prefer at this time.

2. Is Sighisoara MUCH more beautiful than Brasov and Sibiu? Is the detour in scenario 1 worth the time to visit Sighisoara and Viscri?

3. Should we skip Brasov and/or Sibiu if we are going to Sighisoara to save time? (If time will be a problem in scenario 1)

4. From Sighisoara to Vidraru Dam. Should we go by road DN14/E68/DN7C via Sibiu or should we go the smaller road 106/105/E68/DN7C via Apold/Netus/Agnita/Cincu/Soila? Of course a scenic road is preferable, but time is of more importance.

5. Are all the sights mentioned above worth visiting? We do not want to spend time on any mediocre or halfway interesting sights.

6. Does any of the sights close during Easter? Day 1 of out trip will be Ascension Day.

Thanks from Lena

3 Answers Jan 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM
    • CLUBS IN CONSTANTA

Constanta Dec 31, 2014 at 3:14 AM

Hi can you tell me if there is a club in Constanta called The Street...?

1 Answer Dec 31, 2014 at 1:58 PM