Romania Travel Answers

change location
animsoc's Profile Photo

Rental car/train/etc...

by animsoc Online Now Dec 4, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Okay so, my current plans are simply arrive in Bucuresti, spend 1 night there, 2 nights in Sinaia, some time around Constanta and then, who knows what. Now, getting about. I've looked into rental cars and trains. Ideally I would love to get a car for the whole trip (about 12-13 days) but it will run me about600 for the lowest level automatic, to say nothing about fuel. (I don't want to go standard transmission.) Thinking of saving a little by doing bus/train here and there. Like when I arrive, I booked a room 15 minutes walk from Piata Unirii, where we're gonna meet. I can take the 783 from OTP and then walk to the hotel, then back again the next day to get a rental car to drive to Sinaia to skip a day's rental. Now, here come the specific questions:

While we have spent nearly 2 years together online, this will be our first time meeting in person. I'll be getting in after 3pm and the next morning, we're headed to Sinaia. With this in mind, I'm thinking would it be better to drive up so we could be completely alone to, "get used to each other" (Lol!!!) or take the train so we don't have to focus so much on driving? Guess what I need to know is, what are the trains like, in terms of privacy? Just don't want to spend that first leg of the trip, "on display" so to speak. But the other concern is, what will the roads likely be like from Bucuresti to Sinaia in late Februarie? And will the average, economy rental be competent to make the trip? I saw some videos of the drive there and cars were off the road, etc. Don't know what the norm is or what to expect so, just looking for any tips from those who know firsthand. :)

As for the rest of the trip and rental cars in general, any recommendations for maybe low cost car rentals? All the online places appear to be similar but, like a lot of low cost airlines don't do the orbitz/priceline/etc route, wonder if there are some car companies under my radar.

Mmmm, think that's it for now. Getting excited here! Only 80 days till takeoff! :D Thanks again all! :)

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Romania Travel Answer Locations