Romania Travel Answers

change location
andrei_popa's Profile Photo

SAXON TRANSYLVANIA BY FOOT

by andrei_popa Online Now Apr 4, 2009 at 3:22 AM

We are a group of transylvanians with a few years tradition in organising backpacking expeditions in Saxon Transylvania (and not only). Is anyone interested in joining us for a tour aroud Sighisoara (Schaessburg) between 30 april to 3 may 2009?
We will depart from Sibiu (Hermannstadt) with a train till Danes (Dunesdorf) railway station, from where we will go on top of the ''Breite Plateau'' where we'll spend the first night out. From there we will get to Saes (Schaas), Apold (Trappold), Vulcan (Wolkendorf), Daia (Denndorf) and Saschiz (Keisd), spending the next two nights in open air between this villages. We will enjoy the unique landscape and architecture of the region (with the lovely fortified churches), and in the last day we will take some public transportation to Sighisoara(Schaessburg) where we could spend few hours (or more :) ). Finally, we will take the train back to Sibiu (Hermannstadt).
We are 5 people confirmed by now (2 girls and 3 boys). I will post some detailes soon on my VT home page. If someone is interested in joining us please write here or contact me at 0040746034369, or ''andrei_kokelburg@yahoo.com'' ! (my name is andrei).

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Romania Travel Answer Locations