Romania Travel Answers

change location
rond1's Profile Photo

where to camp

by rond1 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

We will be touring Romania in May and I am wanting to know a not about where to camp /.stay overnight. Is it safe to park overnight the sidemofmthe road or in villages. Is it legal etc.

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • bayete's Profile Photo

Re: where to camp

by bayete Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

may you fully en,joy your trip to roumania

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rond1's Profile Photo

by rond1 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Many thanks, we are looking forward to it

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM

http://www.romaniacamping.ro/

I am not sure if i understand your question properly but the above link shows campsites in the country. Are you interested in what is known as Wild Camping where you park your car, sleep on a beach, supermarket car park, lay-by, truck stop, city park or urban areas? If so , this siye suggets it is legal and has a chapter on free/wild camping with a map of suitable locations
    europebycamper.com/2011/11/g...

• taseg's Profile Photo

by taseg Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Altough actual campsites are rare, in most villages throughout tourist areas there are plenty of guesthouses that will let you camp on their premises for a small fee.

Wild camping is also possible and generally tolerated, with a few precautions.

- it's not advisable to camp on the side of roads,  especially those with lots of traffic, because of accidents;

- don't camp on cultivated land;

- inside villages if you camp close to someone's house get their permission first;

- when camping in the mountains try to first get informations on bear activity in that area;

1 member found this helpful

• potemptkin's Profile Photo

by potemptkin Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

There is a very nice camp in Breb in Maramures it is just to the south of the Gutine Pass between Baia Mare and Sighet Marmatiei.

• potempkin's Profile Photo

by potempkin Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM

In Maramures we can expand a little there are also camp sites at Borsa and in the popular village of Sepanta. If you want to wild camp go to the river near Sighet there are many places to put up a tent also if your walking around the area there are lots of bits of unused land but try and find the owner first. Can i just reiterate the above never camp in a field of hay the farmers are likely to get really upset hay is very important for the long winters.
    Rob

• rond1's Profile Photo

by rond1 Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Hi David,many thanks for your info. You are correct, I'm looking to reduce costs of camping where ever possible. Cheers for now and Ron

• rond1's Profile Photo

by rond1 Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Hi Rob , I am the chap asking for an invoice for. One months stay in Romania. I have now managed to get my visa so I guess we will meet soon enough. Thanks for all your assistance and look forward to meeting you.

• rond1's Profile Photo

by rond1 Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Hi Taseg, great info, many thanks. We are looking forward to our tour. Can you offer any cool places to visit, possibly fishing along with canoeingand general site seeing.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Romania Travel Answer Locations