Romania Travel Answers

change location

Tours of Romania and Bulgaria?

by cl3150 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Can anyone recommend a nice (8-14 day) quality tour of Romania and Bulgaria either in early September or from late September on?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • mirchica's Profile Photo

Re: Tours of Romania and Bulgaria?

by mirchica Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Hey :)

I can give you ideas but it depends on where you'll start your journey how you plan to travel - by car or using the local transport.
    Let's see about Romania - you can start from Sibiu (and around - Medias), then Sighisoara, then Brasov (Bran Castle, Rasnov Fortress, Sinaia- Peles Castle) and you may take a day tour around Bucharest.
    Then moving to Bulgaria you can start from Veliko Tarnovo (about 100 km south west from Ruse where you'll enter the country), then Etara in Gabrovo or/and Koprivshtitsa, then Plovdiv (together with part of Rhodopi Mountain, ex. Bachkovo Monastery or souther some typical mountain villages), then Sofia and Rila Monastery. Or from Ruse you can go to Varna at the Black Sea and and then go south by the coast through Obzor, Nessebar and then again Plovdiv and Sofia.

You can read my Bulgaria and Romania pages and read a little more about those places, then I can give you more specific ideas maybe.
    mirchica's Travel Map

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • by cl3150 Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Thanks so much for the advice. We would start by flying from Istanbul, where we will finish a Black Sea cruise. How easy or difficult would it be for one to self-drive through Romania nd Bulgaria, considering that we do not speak and Romanian or Burgarian? The only guided tour we could find overlapped our cruise by a few days, making it problematic, so that leaves either hiring a car and driver, or renting a car and doing it on our own.

• mirchica's Profile Photo

Re: Tours of Romania and Bulgaria?

by mirchica Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Well, it's not a problem to go around Bulgaria and Romania. Foreign people always say that it's better to learn how to read cyrillic for Bulgaria although I think that on the road the locations are written with latin letters pretty well. Maybe really the problem could come in the cities where many of the signs are in cyrillic.
    I think you can do it by renting a car with a map and with the help of the people. This way you can decide where to go, when to go and when to leave.

• by cl3150 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Thanks for your information.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Romania Travel Answer Locations