Romania Travel Answers

change location

Hiking in Romania

by cincoymaya Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Does anyone have experience doing extended through hikes in Romania? I've never been in that area and am having difficulty finding the kind of information a hiker would need.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • yede's Profile Photo

Re: Hiking in Romania

by yede Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM

It depends on witch region are you going to hike ? Here are some sites , hope you can find what are looking for : http://carpat-adventures.ro/ welcometoromania.ro/Fagaras/... alpinet.org/main/index_en.ht...

Cheers, yede

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hiking in Romania

by Jetgirly Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

There are definitely hiking guide books and maps out there. Check Amazon. Of the main guide books LP and Rough Guide do not have much information, while Bradt has slightly more.

• nenna.77's Profile Photo

by nenna.77 Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Hi,I am living in Roumania,so I think I can help you,but I heft to know where exactly do you want to go/

• Re: Hiking in Romania

by ktlint Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Hello, can u help me please, i want to hike hut to hut in romania but in april 11/4-21/4/2014. Where is the best hiking places, can u please advice somthing without big amount of snow?

• yede's Profile Photo

by yede Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Hi
    The best place is Fagaras mounties but in April there are still snow . There are many place where you can hike , so it depends on witch part of the country are you going to visit .
    If you come to my region ( Harghita county ) I can help you to organize your trip/hiking .

All the best :)
    yede

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Romania Travel Answer Locations