Rogue River Travel Answers

change location
sennaya's Profile Photo

Nice walks or trails along the rogue river?

by sennaya Online Now Feb 15, 2008 at 9:33 PM

Can anyone suggest a favorite spot along the Rogue River to explore?
We'll visit in Summer.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • toemayn's Profile Photo

Re: Nice walks or trails along the rogue river?

by toemayn Online Now Feb 16, 2008 at 6:38 AM

Check on a Jet Boat tour at Grants Pass http://www.hellgate.com/Splash/ sorry I couldn't help with the walking trails, but the Jet Boat Tour is a great way to see places you can't get to by walking.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

by orcoastgirl Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I agree about the Jet Boats, we have taken the Hellgate Excursion many times, we like hte 2 hour Quick n Scenic ride, they leave from the dock at the Riverside Inn where we have enoyed many stays.

We also love the area in back of the Weasku Inn, this is a really cool restored fishing lodge, the Rogue runs right along the back of the property here. You can view the dam from this area also which is really pretty. :)

• glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 12:35 PM

There's quite a lot of river to explore. If you are into White Water rafting I know there are several companies that do tours - but I haven't been since the 1980s so any advice I have on that is way out of date.

While you are in the area, though, you might want to take a visit to the Oreogn Caves. Someone stole one of the most beautiful formations a few years ago, but it is still an interesting spot if you happen to be in the area.

If you are into odd natural phenomena, there is a place nearby called "colliding rivers" where the river valley forces two rivers (North Umqua and Little) to collide head-on. It isn't a major attraction of any sort, but it is something you might be interested in seeing while you are nearby.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines