Rogaland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Shopping outdoor wear

Rogaland Apr 5, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Where is the best place in Rogaland to buy outdoor clothing?.

1 Answer Apr 6, 2014 at 11:05 PM
    • 5 days to keep busy

Stavanger Mar 17, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Hej! My 13-year old daughter and I (53) will be at loose ends in Stavanger while my husband attends a conference. Any suggestions on how to keep a California girl interested and amused? (She is in that rebellious stage unhappy about being taken away from her friends back home) I realize Norge is quite expensive, but thought she might be awed by a trip to the arctic circle, or a fjord cruise etc. Tak.

3 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • getting there

Nordskot Mar 10, 2014 at 4:34 AM

What is the best way to get from Bergen to Nordskot?

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 4:55 AM
    • Hike from Lysebotn to the Preikestolen

Stavanger Feb 2, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Is it possible to hike from Lysebotn to the Preikestolen? If so, how many hours/days would this take? Can you just bring a tent and camp or do you need spend the night in huts?

7 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 4:13 AM
    • Pulpit Rock

Stavanger Jan 15, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Can you get to Pulpit rock in late January?
      Takk

4 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • Stavenger in winter

Stavanger Nov 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Hi, I would like to find out if you can visit Stavenger Fjords in winter? will be very greafull for any tips

7 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    • Looking for a 3 or 4 day trekking tour nea Stavanger

Stavanger Aug 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I am looking for a 3 or 4 day trekking tour near Stavanger. We will have a tent with us so compaing but also hostels to stay the night would be possible. We would like to walk about 6 to 10 hours a day and we need a transfer to the start point and back to Stavanger on Saturday. If possible we would also like to pass by at Pulpit Rock or we will do it in a separate tour. Would be great to get some proposals for a trip.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2013 at 3:27 AM
    • Are there any guided hikes to kjeragbolten in late August?

Lysebotn Jul 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I'll be in Stavanger at the end of August and I'm looking for either good directions on how to get to kjeragbolten (bus/ferry from where to where to get to the trailhead); and ideally would like to find a guided hike to actually take me up there. I understand it's a difficult hike but I'm definitely fit and ready for the challenge. Please help!

1 Answer Jul 17, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    • How can you get from Stavanger to Olden and how long does it take.

Stavanger Apr 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I am traveling to Stavanger in June and want to go on to Olden. How can I do this?

4 Answers May 8, 2013 at 5:21 AM
    • Question title

Stavanger Mar 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

How do we schedule our trip to Flor og Fjaete ? We will be in Stavanger on May 28th arriving seven a. m. until four p.m. Our cruise ship did not include this tour.
      Thank you for your assistance

4 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    • PLEASE HELP! Stavanger to Lysebotn!

Stavanger Aug 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I arrive in Stavanger tomorrow night (friday 31st august) and we want to get from Stavanger to Lysebotn on saturday or sunday. we don't have a car so need ferries or buses or trains
      the only thing we've found so far is a bus that arrives in lauvvik 4 minutes before the ferry leaves so that's no good.
      is there another ferry we can get or a bus that runs at this time in the year?

thank you!

2 Answers Sep 3, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    • 9 hours in Stavanger

Stavanger Jul 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Many people suggested it's very difficult to do Pulpit rock on a tight schedule (8:00-17:00) with a 10 year old, so we won't go :(
      We are interested in seeing as much scenery and fjords as possible and doing outdoor activities. Stavanger is our third cruise stop after visiting Flam and Bergen. What do you recommend doing in Stavanger? Are there impressive fjords to see or we should stroll in the city? Or hiking maybe?

Thank you!

6 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    • from Lysebotn to Kjerag

Stavanger May 14, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hi :)
      Please can u help me. If I get by ferry to Lysebotn.. how do I get to the beginning of the hike to Kjerag WITHOUT A CAR?!? Is there a taxi/bus servis that is available? Thank u very much for answer.

Blanka

• Kjerag on early May?

Stavanger Apr 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Hi!!I'm planning to go to Stavanger and visit Preikestolen, Kjerag and its surroundings between the 2nd and the 5th of May. I've read in some websites that it's not possible to go to Kjerag until the last days of May, but in others they say it's possible, so I would be very grateful if you could give me your advice.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Julio

2 Answers Apr 22, 2012 at 3:40 AM
    • Aygiena's Profile Photo

Hiking tour - Pulpit Rock

Stavanger Apr 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Hello!

We are coming to Stavanger for Easter weekend and want to go to Pulpit Rock. I found this website where I can book tickets in advance, should I do it?

tidereiser.com/Hikingtour-Pu...

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    • Aygiena's Profile Photo

Money exchange

Stavanger Apr 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Hello!

We are coming to Stavanger for Easter weekend (arriving by plain on Friday 06.04.12) and are wondering if we can find a place to change money as its almost always cheaper to change in the country then from the outside.

Sure we will have some local currency for a bus ride.

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 5:50 AM
    • adema29's Profile Photo

Long term parking

Stavanger Oct 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Hi all,
      Can you, please, help me with a recommendation for a long term parking (about 9-10 days).
      The one at Sola airport is much too expensive :)

4 Answers Oct 19, 2011 at 1:49 AM
    • Can you hike to Kjeragbolten in tennis shoes?

Stavanger Aug 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Hi all,
      I don't have my hiking boots with me this trip, just regular running shoes/sneakers. All the reviews tell me that this trail can be pretty rough and traverses a lot of rock, plus some very steep passes.

Can I do it in tennis shoes? What about when I get to the rock (bolten?) itself...are tennis shoes too slick to stand on the rock?

Thanks for any tips. (FWIW, I'm a fit hiker and the altitude gained/6 hours RT shouldn't be a problem)

2 Answers Nov 7, 2011 at 3:41 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

One day in Stavanger

Stavanger May 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Hi, we have one day in Stavanger on our cruise in June. What are the 'must sees' for us? Will we be able to see most things on foot or do we need transportation? Do we need to book up in advance or can we pick up excursions/transport/tickets on the day? Thanks and regards

2 Answers May 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    • Fatalities?

Stavanger Jan 31, 2011 at 6:28 PM

How many people have fallen to their deaths hiking the trail or taking in the view at the top? It looks terrifyingly treacherous.

3 Answers Feb 20, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    • Pulpit Rock

Stavanger Nov 7, 2010 at 1:59 AM

how was this rock formed?

are there any Preservation on this rock?

what was the impact of man of this rock?

2 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    • Bryne to Stavanger buses

Stavanger Oct 11, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I'm going to be staying at the Bryne-kro hotel on a business trip. I'm hoping have time to travel into Stavanger to see some of the sights one afternoon. Is there a bus from near the hotel into Stavanger central? How often does it run and how much will it cost me?

1 Answer Oct 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Going to Egersund

Egersund Sep 29, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Hello. How can one get easily and cheaply from Oslo to Egersund?
      Is there any website where one can check all train and buss connections in Norway?
      Maybe anybody know of any cheap accommodation in Egersund or in neigbourhood?
      Greetings

4 Answers Sep 29, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    • lavaslaerk's Profile Photo

Racing and/or metal music in Stavanger

Stavanger Aug 26, 2010 at 1:38 PM

We're visiting Stavanger probably in the last week of September to see my wife's cousin. Otherwise, it would be a bit out of the way!

Scandinavia is famous for it's auto racing and Norway in particular for metal - both of which we like - anything happening even if on a small scale in that area while we're there?

Any tips or resources? :)

TIA!
      Jason

3 Answers Aug 31, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    • cheeleongs's Profile Photo

Hostel in Lysebotn

Stavanger Jul 22, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Hi everybody,

I am done with my planning but i still encounter a small problem regarding accomodation in Lysebotn.

I have found one from this website,

lysebotn-touristcamp.com/def...

but i am not really sure where the hostel is located? is at Lysebotn or somewhere around oygardstol?

I just would love to know where do people usually stay the day before a hike up to Kjerag? Lysetbotn or Oygardstol ?

I am an independent traveller and is gonna take a cab up to Oygarstol from Lysetbon.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I am really looking forward to your opinion as i will be arriving in Stavanger region in 2 weeks' time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards and thanks,
      CheeLeong

1 Answer Jul 22, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    • six hours on Stavanger

Stavanger Jul 22, 2010 at 6:37 AM

We will be on a cruise ship in Stavanger in August for six hours from 9 till five o'clock. Any suggestion how we can spend our day? Going round the city or taking a ferry boat to the Pulpit rock
      thanks

2 Answers Jul 26, 2010 at 4:40 AM
    • teamok's Profile Photo

Campsites, car hire & beaches near Stavanger

Stavanger Jul 21, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend will be travelling to Norway in late August/Early September and need some advice!

1) Camping

Where are the most beautiful campsites near Stavanger?

2)Car hire & beaches

Searching online it seems that car hire is very expensive in Norway - average price seems to be about 475NOK/£50 per day... almost double what my local placein the UK costs!) so we will need to limit the number of days we will hire a car for.

We will mainly be using the car to travel from Stavanger to Bergen but would like to have the freedom of a car to visit some of the beaches near Stavanger. Obviously if some of the best beaches are less than 10Km from our campsite and can be reached by public transport then it may not be worth having a car from this part of our trip...

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated!

Owen.

5 Answers Oct 25, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    • how to get from the cruise port to town centre

Stavanger Jul 19, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Im going on a cruise next week, and wanted to know how far it is to get from the cruise port to the town centre,and what means of transport are available to do so?.vonysc.

2 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    • cheeleongs's Profile Photo

Ferry Service from Lysebotn to Preikestolen

Stavanger Jul 14, 2010 at 9:22 AM

HI,

I'll be flying to Norway in 2 weeks' time. I'm gonna hike to Kjerag and Preikestolen. I've already settled first part of my itinerary from Oslo to Kjerag. However, i am stuck in the second part of my itinerary.

I'm gonna hike to Kjerag first before setting off to the base of Prekeistolen. So my question here is, is there any ferry service from Lysebotn pier to Preikestolen pier? can u send me a link so that i can check out the price and time table.

Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
      CheeLeong

6 Answers Jul 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    • Preikestolen and Kjeragbolten on the same day

Stavanger Jul 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Hello, guys!

I would like to ask you a few questions, and hope that someone answer them here. (It's been pretty hard to get answers about it)

So, I'm thinking to go to Norway just to hike the Kjerag Mountain. But but I don't how long it's gonna take to do that.

I thought to fly to Oslo, take the train to Stavanger in the morning, and then hike go to kjeragbolten or Preikestolen. Or stay in the city, and do that in the next day. Or... Hike to Kjeragbolten on the first day and then hike to preikestolen on the second day. Third day, go back to Oslo and then fly home.

Is it possible to do that? Could I hike both in the same day?
      How much is the train to Stavanger, and ferry+bus to Kjerag?

Thank you a lot!
      Igor Daniel

5 Answers Jul 16, 2010 at 7:55 AM