Rodos (City) Travel Answers

change location

Is there a public bus from airport to the city old town?

by wind001 Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Is there a public bus from airport to the city old town?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • gilabrand's Profile Photo

Re: Is there a public bus from airport to the city old town?

by gilabrand Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 5:30 AM

I'm sure there is, but we found the bus schedules in Rhodes very unreliable (you can look at my tip for more information).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 5:34 AM

Yes.

I can't find a bus website (nor the official airport website in English) but the Easyjet website has useful (and almost certainly accurate) information about bus times and cost:

easyjet.com/en/airport/Rhode...

• Venelin's Profile Photo

by Venelin Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Literally just returned from Rhodes today.

There are many buses to the city en route from other villages. Many Rhodes destinations can be reached by bus, but a number of attractions are away from settlements and a car might be needed.

rodostraffic.gr/rhodes%20air...

This is a website listing all buses in Rhodes and it is updated regularly. There are several summer routes to tourist attractions as well. Use the falling menu to check them.

Hope this helps
    Venelin

• Re: Is there a public bus from airport to the city old town?

by Ouzone Online Now Feb 7, 2011 at 8:45 AM

The bus from Paradissi passes by Rhodes Airport, you have to cross the very busy main road to get to the stop, unless they have changed the arrangment recently. The bus goes to the New Market building which is rather away from the Old Town, something like 500-1000 metres/yds depending on where in the old town you want to go. Easy enough to walk backpacking.

A taxi would be better as it would be able to get closer to places in the Old Town, about 25 € I would think.
    The bus to the airport is much easier as it stops the right side of the road as it were.

Rhodes buses are generally reliable, I have used them all over the island on many stays on the island.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines