Rodos (City) Travel Answers

change location
ophiro's Profile Photo

a week in rodos

by ophiro Online Now May 22, 2006 at 4:35 AM

hello everyone.
i am planning a week in rodos and i would like to know : is there enough things to do in the city for one week ?
can you give me a plan for a few days just that i will understand.

thank you
ophir

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • oilmouse's Profile Photo

RE: a week in rodos

by oilmouse Online Now May 22, 2006 at 8:14 AM

a week in the city of Rhodes i think is to much. top in 3 days you'll see everything. plan to visit the rest of the island.(Lindos-Laliraki-butterfly valley-Prasonisi etc).

have nice holidays

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ophiro's Profile Photo

RE: RE: a week in rodos

by ophiro Online Now May 22, 2006 at 9:59 AM

thanks for the answer.
    is rodos a good base for traveling in the Island or should i sleep in other places.

thanks
    ophir

• RE: RE: a week in rodos

by matina_k Online Now May 23, 2006 at 8:13 AM

Rhodes Ton is the best place to have as a base when you are visiting the island. You will spent 2 days just to explore the most beautifull and best preserved Medieval Town of Europe.visit the palace of the knights and walk in the small streets.Visit the Aquarium and the italian buildings in Mandraki area.The island of Rhodes has a lot of thinks to do. Lindos,7 Springs, The valey of Butterflies,Filerimos, Kamiros,Koskinou, Prosonisi and miles of excellent beaches...Of course they have and a great nightlife with lots of bars and caffes everywhere!! You will never get bored there, I believe that after the one week you will not have seen everything...
    Have a great time

• oilmouse's Profile Photo

by oilmouse Online Now May 23, 2006 at 1:24 PM

from city of Rhodes(northest) till Prasonisi(southest)point of the island is about 100 km and less than 2 hours by car. you can use city of rhodes as base and make day or night trips.

• ophiro's Profile Photo

by ophiro Online Now May 23, 2006 at 9:14 PM

thanks.
    is there good transportation from rhodes to the other parts of the island ?
    i mean buses instead of renting a car ?

• RE: RE: a week in rodos

by matina_k Online Now May 28, 2006 at 12:33 AM

The buses in Rhodes at summer time have schedules very often to the main sightseeings of the island. However, there are very crowded. If you will be two people it will be better to rent a car. One day with the car is aproximately the same money with two bus tickets to Lindos!!

• Re: a week in rodos

by toula1 Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 3:40 PM

There is sooooo much to do in Rhodos. Make sure to go to the Old Town (castle) during the day and at night. The shops are wonderful and the bars at night are a lot of fun. Also make sure you go to different beaches around the island as some are sandy and others have these wonderful soft stones on the beach. Depending on which side of the island you're on the water can be calm and peaceful or more wavy/windy (good for sailing/gliding/surfing). A day in Lindos is a must. There's also a really fun waterpark with slides if you're into that. The clubs and bouzouki lounges at night are really great as well. There's also a shopping area called Mandraki that has really nice stores if you like to shop. Hope this helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines